Amex Platinum Credit Card - is it worth it ?

ram4a

11 minutes ago, ram4a said:

Annual Fee - 550$

I wanted a travel card got the invite for this card but annual fee is too much high...'

Is it worth it, anyone using this card ?

very much worth. but depends on your usage. what offer you got btw

2 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

If your domestic travel is considerable and at-least 2-3 international trips, then its worth....lekapothey $550 bokka

2-3 international trips per year ithe undadhu....definitely not also , Hilton Gold, Lounge access and Uber credits anta lite le...manam use chesevi kaadu...

There is not much additional benifit anamata ithe 

6 minutes ago, ram4a said:

2-3 international trips per year ithe undadhu....definitely not also , Hilton Gold, Lounge access and Uber credits anta lite le...manam use chesevi kaadu...

There is not much additional benifit anamata ithe 

in that case get it and cancel in second year. signup bonus migulutundi 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ram4a said:

Annual Fee - 550$

I wanted a travel card got the invite for this card but annual fee is too much high...'

Is it worth it, anyone using this card ?

Not worth

5 minutes ago, astalavistaa said:

I don't think so.  they won't waive AF 

The card act of 2009 imposed a limit on the annual fee that banks can charge for a credit card in the first year based on the credit limit you are given. If you apply and then lower your credit limit below this threshold, they automatically refund the annual fee. 

13 minutes ago, Meow said:

The card act of 2009 imposed a limit on the annual fee that banks can charge for a credit card in the first year based on the credit limit you are given. If you apply and then lower your credit limit below this threshold, they automatically refund the annual fee. 

interesting info. thanks

but amex platinum is charge card and no set credit limit. let me know if I am wrong.  

18 minutes ago, Meow said:

Amex Platinum is a charge card...not a credit and payments need to be in full before the due date. It has no set limits. 

2 minutes ago, astalavistaa said:

interesting info. thanks

but amex platinum is charge card and no set credit limit. let me know if I am wrong.  

That is correct. While this strategy will definitely work for CSR, with AP it's more risky, maynot always work.