$100,000 donated to Bahamas woman who took in 97 rescue dogs

tacobell fan

Chella Philips, manager of The Voiceless Dogs of Nassau, Bahamas, has given shelter to 97 dogs in New Providence. 

In a viral Facebook post, Philips shared several photos and updates on the dogs as Hurricane Dorian slammed into the island. 

17988834-7420729-Philips_pictured_runs_t

'97 dogs are inside my house and 79 of them are inside my master bedroom. It has been insane since last night, poop and piss non stop but at least they are respecting my bed and nobody has dared to jump in,' she wrote. 

The Voiceless Dogs of Nassau is not a nonprofit that works to send local dogs to adoption and rescue agencies in the United States. 'We may not get hit as hard as other islands and the saddest part is that after the hurricane leave the Bahamas, some islands will take a long time to recover.'

'Each island has abundance of homeless dogs, my heart is so broken for the ones without a place to hide a CAT 5 monster and only God can protect them now.'      

Philips noted that when she shared her post on Sunday afternoon, it marked the fourth anniversary of that she'd been helping homeless dogs.  

She says she has cared for almost 1,000 abandoned dogs. 

this is just thooch...manollaki debba tagilindi ani oka hospital bed meeda patteel thoni pic petti gofund open cheste 250K to 500K minimum.