H1b Visa - Heart and Blood Vessel Surgery - US - India

venky123

Hello Friends, I am on H1b visa and I-140 approved - working as Contractor through desi consulting company from last 9 years.Recently I am diagnosed with serious Heart and Blood Vessel issue(Cardiovascular Surgery) and doctors have recommended surgery in next few months/1 year.I don't want to inform my parents about my health issue as they are already going through a lot about my divorce case.Currently am living alone in US.If my Surgery is done in US then atleast 6 weeks of bed rest is needed.Can we get Surgery done without my family members(Siblings) help in USA.Can we get help through inhouse home care after surgery. I am not sure how much my health insurance will cover surgery cost and am not sure about my job as I need atleast 2 months of break during Surgery. Do we need to run payroll for those 2 months or any other options like short term disability insurance and I may need to find new contract role after surgery as Client cannot wait for 2 months. Or Is it better for me to go India and have surgery done in India.In case of India, my parents and other family members will get to know about my health issue.Also, can I stay 3-4 months in India and come back on H1b through my current employer.I am already going through a lot as my divorce/saperation is going from last 3 years and divorce case in USA will take another 6-8 months and now this health issue. Please suggest some options.

• Sad 2

At times like this, atleast you siblings or someone who loves you and you trust them, it is better to inform. This is a big thing and it is not recommended to hide. You need that mental support and someone to watch you after. Please take care of your health that is more important than H1B visa or anything in this world. Maybe talking to your emplpyer moght help as this is emergency and an very serious matter. Maybe you can bring your parents to US for 4 months on visting visa for you. I wish you good health and never have to suffer again with these issues. Eat right dont smoke/drink, include some exercise in your lifestyle. Oils, sugars, rice are the main culprits. Avoid them at any cost .. your health is wealth.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Bro, please inform your parents. Parents deggara unte recovery inks quick aitadi as you will be happy around them. Parents ki kids kanna ekkuva em kadu please please inform them. H1B thokka don’t worry. Take care of your health. 

• Thanks 1

Brathikunte bataneelaina ammunoki bratukochu ane saying undi kada. Go to India and consult big indian cardio doctor and take second opinion. Tablets, diet tho emina cheyyocha leda surgery must anedi kanukko. India lo best surgery cheyinchadam. India lo nee parents untaru and brothers sisters and also neeku relaxing ga untadi. ikkada visa snd job pressure and edo dikku leni anadha bratuku hospital n home lo. Do not think anything, just fly india first and inform ur employer if u have to go through surgery and stay in india for few months.  Do not take stress do not think about ur divorce case and visa job.  Just think ur life is first priority now, chachipothe emundadu malli. Divorce case solve ayipotadi.neeku medical issues unnay ani doctor letter isthe evvadu ninnu bother cheyaru man. Ee rojullo divorce lo very very common mana desi lallo. Life first. 

• Thanks 2

Inform your parents first. Don’t assume they will suffer even further if they know about your situation. It works the other way, they will get stronger enough to support you. CALL THEM.

Good luck.

• Thanks 2

Just now, riashli said:

Talk to your parents if thr is no one to help.. heart surgery ante u will definitely need some support..

Anukuntam kani, Mana Kanna Mana parents strong.. tell them

enta cousins unna edo name sake untaru ...unlike wife and parents

8 minutes ago, riashli said:

Talk to your parents if thr is no one to help.. heart surgery ante u will definitely need some support..

Anukuntam kani, Mana Kanna Mana parents strong.. tell them

Idi correct..

Oka pani cheyi you are on death bed ani chepu after 2 3 days tell them not that extent report wrong anta one surgery will fill ani chepu.