H1b Visa - Heart and Blood Vessel Surgery - US - India

venky123

16 minutes ago, venky123 said:

@kr123 Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm - Ascending .... I was born with Bicuspid Aortic valve and so had Open Heart Surgery(Aortic valve replacement)when I was at 17 yrs old. Doctor told atleast 50%  born with bicuspid valve will lead to Aortic Aneurysm.

If you are emotionally strong aithe go ahead man. Don't worry about physical support during the recovery. Here,  you will have all that. They will ask you to write contact details of your close ones in the form to inform in case of unfortunate thing during the surgery.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, riashli said:

@ts, be positive, be confident.. entha vere valla support unna, ne confidence niku tondaraga recovery ki help avutundi.

Naku konni months back facial paralysis vachindi, oka side I can't hear, free flow ga matladalenu, oka eye sariga blink avvadu but still I teach 90+ students daily..  'hope' works.. 

Take care 🤗

You are hero. May God bless you and your people.

59 minutes ago, riashli said:

@ts, be positive, be confident.. entha vere valla support unna, ne confidence niku tondaraga recovery ki help avutundi.

Naku konni months back facial paralysis vachindi, oka side I can't hear, free flow ga matladalenu, oka eye sariga blink avvadu but still I teach 90+ students daily..  'hope' works.. 

Take care 🤗

I have 2 legs gone handicapped when I was 20, but still I run on wheel chair but I dont disclose bec that leads to sympathy.  People favor me because they know my situation, in virtual world its like avatar movie, only our writings speaks. I feel pity for you hope you get well soon completly. 

30 minutes ago, DBgirl said:

I have 2 legs gone handicapped when I was 20, but still I run on wheel chair but I dont disclose bec that leads to sympathy.  People favor me because they know my situation, in virtual world its like avatar movie, only our writings speaks. I feel pity for you hope you get well soon completly. 

you serious rey?

31 minutes ago, DBgirl said:

Nuvvu serious ga antunavo comedy antunavo not sure . Hope adhi nijam kadhu Ani nenu anukuntuna. Ala undadam edho problem or  issue anedhi kadhu na point 

3 hours ago, venky123 said:

Hello Friends, I am on H1b visa and I-140 approved - working as Contractor through desi consulting company from last 9 years.Recently I am diagnosed with serious Heart and Blood Vessel issue(Cardiovascular Surgery) and doctors have recommended surgery in next few months/1 year.I don't want to inform my parents about my health issue as they are already going through a lot about my divorce case.Currently am living alone in US.If my Surgery is done in US then atleast 6 weeks of bed rest is needed.Can we get Surgery done without my family members(Siblings) help in USA.Can we get help through inhouse home care after surgery. I am not sure how much my health insurance will cover surgery cost and am not sure about my job as I need atleast 2 months of break during Surgery. Do we need to run payroll for those 2 months or any other options like short term disability insurance and I may need to find new contract role after surgery as Client cannot wait for 2 months. Or Is it better for me to go India and have surgery done in India.In case of India, my parents and other family members will get to know about my health issue.Also, can I stay 3-4 months in India and come back on H1b through my current employer.I am already going through a lot as my divorce/saperation is going from last 3 years and divorce case in USA will take another 6-8 months and now this health issue. Please suggest some options.

If you have short term disability insurance, You can take that and they will pay you like 60% of salary. If you are working for that client for long time they might consider waiting for you. People here have lot of empathy If you tell them what you are going through they might consider. If your parents are not too old bring them here and have the surgery in US.

What is your current location?

Hope fully everything goes well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DBgirl said:

Very sorry to hear dude if its real. You are also my hero.

6 hours ago, venky123 said:

Hello Friends, I am on H1b visa and I-140 approved - working as Contractor through desi consulting company from last 9 years.Recently I am diagnosed with serious Heart and Blood Vessel issue(Cardiovascular Surgery) and doctors have recommended surgery in next few months/1 year.I don't want to inform my parents about my health issue as they are already going through a lot about my divorce case.Currently am living alone in US.If my Surgery is done in US then atleast 6 weeks of bed rest is needed.Can we get Surgery done without my family members(Siblings) help in USA.Can we get help through inhouse home care after surgery. I am not sure how much my health insurance will cover surgery cost and am not sure about my job as I need atleast 2 months of break during Surgery. Do we need to run payroll for those 2 months or any other options like short term disability insurance and I may need to find new contract role after surgery as Client cannot wait for 2 months. Or Is it better for me to go India and have surgery done in India.In case of India, my parents and other family members will get to know about my health issue.Also, can I stay 3-4 months in India and come back on H1b through my current employer.I am already going through a lot as my divorce/saperation is going from last 3 years and divorce case in USA will take another 6-8 months and now this health issue. Please suggest some options.

Why do you want to hide it from your family?  Please let them know. Sudden surprise for your family memebers is not good. If something bad happens, they wouldn't have enough time to react or help you.  We came from the society where we hide our problems. This is not how you should deal. You will solve your problem by addressing it, not by hiding/running away from it 

If you have short/long term disability insurance, then you can claim part of your salary for the days you miss your work. No company would fire you based on your health issue (This would be discriminatory in nature, so they don't). You can proceed legally if they fired you. 

You don't need to run your payroll if you have disability insurance. I think you can use your hospital transactions to prove that you were in hospital and hence didn't work during that time, if any RFE arises in future.

Your hospital will explain your financial options and home care etc. 

I don't know information regarding if hospital requiring consent for surgery from family members.

Lastly, discuss with you family and take a decision with them to have your surgery here or not.

Understand that your family would be better people to suggest you on this than the people in this DB.

• Thanks 1

my suggestion entante india ki velli surgery cheyinchuko...neeku telisina family members friends ni adigi best doctor evaru vunnaru kanukkoni valla appointment teesukomanu, ne health reports send cheyi...

best doctor ni fnd out chesukoni ticket book chesuko, india ki vellina one week ki surgery vundela plan chesuko..mee employer tho paid holidays ani cheppi one month pay roll cheyinchuko , second month avasaram ledu ..6 weeks rest and inko 2 weeks extra time teesukunna ,one payroll run avuthadi..inko payroll stop chesina no issue, malli ikkadiki vachaka lca amount ki meet ayyela next two r three months konche m extra amount run cheyinchuko..no issue..

ikkadikante india lo surgery best option...take care..

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kr123 said:

USA lo evaru lekunda chestaru ani nenu Ani konu

Chestaaru.. depending on the situation.. they take a waiver and proceed with the surgery.. saving a life is more important..

@venky123 : How old are your parents? Bringing them here is not a bad idea if they can manage stuff on their own .. of course friends will always be around to help out.. are you the only child? 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DBgirl said:

🤗 For u, but ala Ani ninnu tittadam matram tagginchanu .. adi ade idi ide..nuvvu ne troll threads

No more words after reading few comments. One should not be taken for granted even in virtual platform ani telisochindi :(

@TS, its best if you have your parents/siblings or someone next to you during the process and through your recovery period. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, riashli said:

🤗 For u, but ala Ani ninnu tittadam matram tagginchanu .. adi ade idi ide..nuvvu ne troll threads

Emi comedy ki vesado nijamo teliyadhu . serious ga vesina adhi troll thread anukuntam 

1. Unlimited sick leave offer chestaru chala insurance providers. Na colleague oka ammayi alane surgery ki 6 months leave teesukundi. Go through your insurance documents or post here. We will read for you in detail.

2. Tell your parents that you have to undergo a small surgery to avoid future serious troubles, since they already knew about your previous surgery, it might not be a surprise for them and take their help. If you don't take their support, avasaramaina apudu lekapoyam Ani Inka ekkuva badha padtaru. You are not going to do any good to them by not telling them.

3. 2 months leave teesukunte job ekkadiki podu, idi kapothe inkoti.... 2 years break teesukoni Malli full form lo ki vachinavallu boledu Mandi. Andariki Anni okela jaragavu kada. This should be the least bothering thing for you.

Take help from others. Evariki kudirithe vallu chestaru. Taking help does not mean you owe them. Asalu antha independent ga chesukovalsina avasaram ledu. 

• Thanks 1