Save Nallamalla

hyperbole

Since it seems people are hell bent on setting agenda, posting it here as well..

Meat eating is the biggest carton foot print, bigger than even auto-mobiles. All the champions of environment need to stop hiding behind various reasons and address the biggest causes of Carbon foot print - which is meat.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in eating meat.

I sincerely mean it, Even eat a cow, nothing wrong in it.

What is wrong though is meat eaters, the biggest contributors to carbon foot print preaching....

If environment is such a big of a concern, stop eating meat.

Or eat meat and STFU about environment. Can't be both really.

We are buying Uranium from Australia, meaning, Australia a country with much incredible environmental laws than us has no issues with Uranium mining. 

What does that tell u?

More importantly, Uranium bought through NSG group, which Australia is part of can only be used for power generation in reactors, meaning, this uranium CANNOT be used for strategic purposes.

Contrary to the BullShit peddled, Uranium extraction is not some guy digging a hole in ground and taking out Uranium out.

https://cna.ca/myths-facts-uranium-mining-processing/

Go through that article:

Myth: 

Uranium exploration causes dangerous levels of radiation to be released.

Fact:

Uranium exploration methods used in Canada, such as drilling small core samples, pose a negligible to zero risk of increasing exposure to radiation, including radon. Far more radiation exposure comes from sunlight and natural background radiation.

Myth: 

Uranium mines and mills increase radon levels in the environment. 

Fact:

Studies have shown that uranium mining and milling activities do not increase radon levels in the environment away from the mine site. The level of radon near uranium mines is similar to natural radon levels monitored in background locations. Radon exposure to members of the public from CNSC-regulated activities is virtually zero.

You have higher chance of being radiation poisoned by your cell phone than working in a Uranium mine.

How the fuck people like you graduate college?

I am a bit shocked at morons being churned out in Indian schools.

Very few people are willing to LEARN, do RESEARCH or HAVE INDEPENDENT THOUGHTS.

You lot are like Gorrela Manda.

one idiot says some BS, rest of you gorrelu will blindly follow him.

You can obviously read, why don't you just do that and form your own opinion instead following these morons blindly?

7 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

CM KCR statement on Uranium mining in Nallamalla

Batti Vikramaarka did a good thing asking CM to pass a resolution for this which CM obliged and will be done tomorrow in both houses...

యురేనియం తవ్వనివ్వం.. కేంద్రంతో యుద్ధమేనన్న కేసీఆర్

నల్లమలలో యురేనియం తవ్వకాలకు వ్యతిరేకంగా తెలంగాణ అసెంబ్లీలో రేపు ఏకగ్రీవ తీర్మానం చేయనున్నారు.

CM-KCR-in-Assembly.jpg

నల్లమల అడవుల్లో యురేనియం తవ్వకాలకు టీఆర్ఎస్ ప్రభుత్వం ఎప్పుడూ అనుమతి ఇవ్వలేదని, భవిష్యత్తులో కూడా ఇవ్వబోమని ముఖ్యమంత్రి కేసీఆర్ స్పష్టం చేశారు. ఇప్పటికే ఈ విషయంపై తెలంగాణ శాసనమండలిలో మంత్రి కేటీఆర్ క్లారిటీ ఇవ్వగా, ఇప్పుడు శాసనసభలో సాక్షాత్తూ ముఖ్యమంత్రి కేసీఆర్ స్పష్టం చేశారు. నల్లమల అడవులు అంతరించిపోతాయన్న ఆందోళన చెందాల్సిన అవసరం లేదని స్పష్టం చేశారు. నల్లమల అడవులను నాశనం కానివ్వబోమని చెప్పారు. నల్లమలలో యురేనియం తవ్వకాలకు సంబంధించి 2009లో కాంగ్రెస్ ప్రభుత్వం అనుమతిచ్చిందన్నారు. తెలంగాణ, ఏపీలో కూడా అనుమతులు ఇచ్చారన్నారు. ఏపీలో ఇప్పటికే యురేనియం తవ్వుతున్నారని కేసీఆర్ చెప్పారు. నల్లమలలో యురేనియం తవ్వకాలకు అనుమతిస్తే ఇంకా చాలా సమస్యలు వస్తాయని కేసీఆర్ అన్నారు. కృష్ణా నది నీటి మీద ఆధారపడి సాగు చేసే లక్షలాది ఎకరాలు కూడా దెబ్బతింటాయన్నారు. హైదరాబాద్‌కు కూడా తాగునీరు కృష్ణా నుంచే వస్తుందన్నారు. ఆ నీరు కూడా కలుషితం అయ్యే ప్రమాదం ఉందని కేసీఆర్ చెప్పారు.

ఇన్ని సమస్యలు ఉన్నాయి కాబట్టి, తాము కూడా ముందుకు వెళ్లబోమని కేసీఆర్ స్పష్టం చేశారు. కేంద్రం బలవంతంగా తవ్వకాలు చేపడితే అందరం కలసి కొట్లాడదామన్నారు. యురేనియం తవ్వకాలకు వ్యతిరేకంగా రాష్ట్ర అసెంబ్లీ తీర్మానం చేయాలంటూ టీ కాంగ్రెస్ ఎమ్మెల్యే భట్టి విక్రమార్క ప్రతిపాదించగా సీఎం కేసీఆర్ అంగీకరించారు. ఈనెల 16న తెలంగాణ అసెంబ్లీ ఏకగ్రీవంగా తీర్మానం చేయనుంది.

4 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

Batti Vikramaarka did a good thing asking CM to pass a resolution for this which CM obliged and will be done tomorrow in both houses...

By passing a resolution, it may not be of any good use...

First and foremost, there is no uranium mining activity...only Kadapa has active uranium mining at the moment

Second, oka PSU ki mining rights union government ivadam makes sense and I don't see any state's involvement in giving mining rights to Uranium Corporation of India Limited...

Effects of uranium mining and giving rights to uranium mining are two different things completely...

Nakenduko mana public as usual yerri pappalu ayitunaremo anipistundi...there is no clarity on this issue and yet protests started...but what are we in protest for is a big question...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

First and foremost, there is no uranium mining activity...only Kadapa has active uranium mining at the moment

Second, oka PSU ki mining rights union government ivadam makes sense and I don't see any state's involvement in giving mining rights to Uranium Corporation of India Limited...

Effects of uranium mining and giving rights to uranium mining are two different things completely...

Nakenduko mana public as usual yerri pappalu ayitunaremo anipistundi...there is no clarity on this issue and yet protests started...but what are we in protest for is a big question...

Completely agree...well done!

This is the only information and does not state clearly that it is part of Nallamalla region bit says Nalgonda..

http://www.ucil.gov.in/lambapurproject.html

A large uranium resource has been established at Lambapur-Peddagattu region in the Nalgonda district of Telengana. UCIL proposes to set up one open pit and three underground mines. A central plant about 48 km from the mine site based on acid leaching has been planned.

11 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

యురేనియం తవ్వనివ్వం.. కేంద్రంతో యుద్ధమేనన్న కేసీఆర్

నల్లమలలో యురేనియం తవ్వకాలకు వ్యతిరేకంగా తెలంగాణ అసెంబ్లీలో రేపు ఏకగ్రీవ తీర్మానం చేయనున్నారు.

CM-KCR-in-Assembly.jpg

నల్లమల అడవుల్లో యురేనియం తవ్వకాలకు టీఆర్ఎస్ ప్రభుత్వం ఎప్పుడూ అనుమతి ఇవ్వలేదని, భవిష్యత్తులో కూడా ఇవ్వబోమని ముఖ్యమంత్రి కేసీఆర్ స్పష్టం చేశారు. ఇప్పటికే ఈ విషయంపై తెలంగాణ శాసనమండలిలో మంత్రి కేటీఆర్ క్లారిటీ ఇవ్వగా, ఇప్పుడు శాసనసభలో సాక్షాత్తూ ముఖ్యమంత్రి కేసీఆర్ స్పష్టం చేశారు. నల్లమల అడవులు అంతరించిపోతాయన్న ఆందోళన చెందాల్సిన అవసరం లేదని స్పష్టం చేశారు. నల్లమల అడవులను నాశనం కానివ్వబోమని చెప్పారు. నల్లమలలో యురేనియం తవ్వకాలకు సంబంధించి 2009లో కాంగ్రెస్ ప్రభుత్వం అనుమతిచ్చిందన్నారు. తెలంగాణ, ఏపీలో కూడా అనుమతులు ఇచ్చారన్నారు. ఏపీలో ఇప్పటికే యురేనియం తవ్వుతున్నారని కేసీఆర్ చెప్పారు. నల్లమలలో యురేనియం తవ్వకాలకు అనుమతిస్తే ఇంకా చాలా సమస్యలు వస్తాయని కేసీఆర్ అన్నారు. కృష్ణా నది నీటి మీద ఆధారపడి సాగు చేసే లక్షలాది ఎకరాలు కూడా దెబ్బతింటాయన్నారు. హైదరాబాద్‌కు కూడా తాగునీరు కృష్ణా నుంచే వస్తుందన్నారు. ఆ నీరు కూడా కలుషితం అయ్యే ప్రమాదం ఉందని కేసీఆర్ చెప్పారు.

ఇన్ని సమస్యలు ఉన్నాయి కాబట్టి, తాము కూడా ముందుకు వెళ్లబోమని కేసీఆర్ స్పష్టం చేశారు. కేంద్రం బలవంతంగా తవ్వకాలు చేపడితే అందరం కలసి కొట్లాడదామన్నారు. యురేనియం తవ్వకాలకు వ్యతిరేకంగా రాష్ట్ర అసెంబ్లీ తీర్మానం చేయాలంటూ టీ కాంగ్రెస్ ఎమ్మెల్యే భట్టి విక్రమార్క ప్రతిపాదించగా సీఎం కేసీఆర్ అంగీకరించారు. ఈనెల 16న తెలంగాణ అసెంబ్లీ ఏకగ్రీవంగా తీర్మానం చేయనుంది.

Endi kothaledi na bondha...

mines are considered as national treasure and especiallu radio active mines are heavily controlled unlike irone or or quartz mines..

state government vaddu anna kuda if union decided to go ahead with the project considering national interests, they will do so by an act of parliament...

3 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

For some reason, I think we are over reacting to the mining in Nallamalla....

No doubt that uranium mining in ecologically sensitive region will spell death but the thing is the has the mining started or about to start ? 

It seems only survey is going on but no attempts to initiate the mining has eve started...

I may be wrong...but it looks like there is no mining activity or Uranium Corporatiok has even started mining attempts...

Like I said, I may be wrong....

Alane start chestaru...okasari India lo cancer train gurinchi chaduvu..asalu antha mandi cancer patients a train lo enduku vachara chudu...veelu just survey ani cheppi sagam nasanam chesipotaru..

3 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

For some reason, I think we are over reacting to the mining in Nallamalla....

No doubt that uranium mining in ecologically sensitive region will spell death but the thing is the has the mining started or about to start ? 

It seems only survey is going on but no attempts to initiate the mining has eve started...

I may be wrong...but it looks like there is no mining activity or Uranium Corporatiok has even started mining attempts...

Like I said, I may be wrong....

Mining cheyanappudu survey lu enduku samara 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

What do think they will do If uranium deposits are really found? Public is correct in setting the right expectations to the union.

exploration itself they are saying they will bore 3000-4000 bores all over the place.