Gold Import Duty in Hyderabad Airport

neekunuvvetopu

India. Indian passengers who stay abroad for over a year are allowed to bring free of duty gold in the form of jewelry as part of their baggage up to an aggregate value of: 1. Rs 50,000 for male passengers 2. Rs 1 lakh for lady passengers Please note the new weight restriction added since April 1, 2016.

27 minutes ago, r2d2 said:
India. Indian passengers who stay abroad for over a year are allowed to bring free of duty gold in the form of jewelry as part of their baggage up to an aggregate value of: 1. Rs 50,000 for male passengers 2. Rs 1 lakh for lady passengers Please note the new weight restriction added since April 1, 2016.

Thanks for the link bhayya.. I see that it's 12.5% duty.  does anyone have first hand experience?

22 minutes ago, jalsa01 said:

Em konna veskoni po... Evar aaparu... Unless Dubai seenula kanapadela veskelte tappa...

ee madhya full strict ayyindani vinna bhayya.. anthaku mundu.. coins ni bangle laaga cheyinchi pattukelthe emee undedi kaadu.. now, they learned it too.  And I am planning to take 3-4 coins.. not ornament.

33 minutes ago, neekunuvvetopu said:

Did anyone took gold to Hyderabad legally?  I am looking to take couple of coins - what is the import duty that would be charged?

Tx!

recent ga took 3 coins - 93 grams - paid 100 dollars

13 minutes ago, TheBrahmabull said:

recent ga took 3 coins - 93 grams - paid 100 dollars

Thanks bhayya.. you paid on your receipt or they have their own calculations?  and was it 12.5?

3 minutes ago, neekunuvvetopu said:

Thanks bhayya.. you paid on your receipt or they have their own calculations?  and was it 12.5?

yes ichindu - Dollars ye ivvali ani cheppindu.. So dollars ichina. gave receipt

• 2 months later...
On 9/17/2019 at 6:02 AM, neekunuvvetopu said:

Did anyone took gold to Hyderabad legally?  I am looking to take couple of coins - what is the import duty that would be charged?

Tx!

I recently went with 200g gold and big story happened.  MF's say.. pay 40k to them + 10k to govt.  I escaped with about 24k total ;).  They tried everything.. do you have dollars, ATM, when nothing worked - they were ready to take Liquor bottles and I said, d'gey.. I need to take for myself ani.. ;)