Crying thread on PhDs

Cation

6 minutes ago, Cation said:

What kind of jobs are available in the market ? What is a GC required for ? PhD != Merit. Ofcourse I agree there are low profile people who are taking H1s. I myself work with someone whom I could not tolerate. But just for that reason, we can't put everyone on h1 into same bucket. To work in current IT market, bachelor's degree is fair enough. Masters chesevallu enthq % genuine ga education mida focus chesi chestaru. Merit antey degrees antey, one dimensional ga treat chesinatlu undi. When someone wants to hire an employee, can they simply deny someone cause he is just bachelor's and other is a PhD ?

2 minutes ago, meri_zindagi said:

What kind of jobs are available in the market ? What is a GC required for ? PhD != Merit. Ofcourse I agree there are low profile people who are taking H1s. I myself work with someone whom I could not tolerate. But just for that reason, we can't put everyone on h1 into same bucket. To work in current IT market, bachelor's degree is fair enough. Masters chesevallu enthq % genuine ga education mida focus chesi chestaru. Merit antey degrees antey, one dimensional ga treat chesinatlu undi. When someone wants to hire an employee, can they simply deny someone cause he is just bachelor's and other is a PhD ?

Who do you think is more skilled? Someone with a PhD from Stanford in 2017 or someone with a bachelor's degree in an unnamed college in 2006 and has been in the GC wait-list for 10 years? If this bill is passed who will get a preference is the point they are making. It's not based on merit, it's based on first cum first serve. 

4 minutes ago, meri_zindagi said:

Why do you say PhD!=merit? Aren't advanced degrees not considered merit anymore? Or being old is called merit now a days? I don't get it. 

9 hours ago, Cation said:

Bill nii push chestuna mana valaki, unna employment based GC’s ki quota tiyandi anni Bill petaru kani, why don’t they lobby to increase the employment based GC’s especially for Indians?? Enduku manaku antha damu ledu?? Why we want to eat other countries opportunity rather than asking for more GC’s. It like we are trying to push our disadvantage to share with all other countries and asking them to agree. How is unanimous consent will happen if we are knowingly pushing other countries to disadvantage to kick them out of the line and take their spots to get GC? Why does our so called immi voice lobbyists cannot fight to increase quota or have a special one for Indians ?    

5 minutes ago, meri_zindagi said:

And yes, when someone wants to hire, if they seem fit they should rather hire a PhD if they are more capable. I don't see what's wrong with it. 

9 minutes ago, meri_zindagi said:

How do you define merit?

2 minutes ago, Cation said:

And yes, when someone wants to hire, if they seem fit they should rather hire a PhD if they are more capable. I don't see what's wrong with it. 

Ala enni jobs untayi market lo Ani. If the job standards are going to rise upto level of Phds and phds are given more importance for many roles, Inka apudu Andaru PhD cheyala ? Even today most of the job requirements has only bachelors as minimum qualification. If one is talented, they can crack it. There are employees in Microsoft, who fits perfectly for a specific role. They are not even engineers. Bsc computers. They can code efficiently. It comes by their own way of mastering things not by PhD.