Any DBians in San Diego

tennisluvr

1 hour ago, Guest said:

abbabba yem cheptunnav akka...okko sentence okko aanimutyam la undi ..locals telini kotha san diego ni chupistunnav..great job akka 

Nenu unna ah place lo annai and visit frequently as i have family.  You can have your impression and i can have my opinion. Indians unnaru ante americans undaru ani kadu.  Comparitively so many indians ani nenu unna place class lo 2-3 kids undadam kuda rare aey . @3$%

Also, Indians ekkuva unna place lo competition is so high and two kids from same school cannot get into same ivy league school though may get into different ivy league school. They give equal opportunity to all kids from all schools. Mana kids ki too much pressure because of this. Less indians unna chota kids ki enta pressure lekunda competition lekunda easy chese chance mana place of settlement to kontha tevachu. 

Many factors in mind before you choose a place to settle. Evari priorities batti valla opinion on a place untundi. E factors consider chestu SD is out of my list.

Oka video chupiyana high school pillakayaladi ma niece pampindi motham 25 kids lo 18 ppl are indian origin. *n$

+_(

Judging Against Others in the Same High School

I have conducted numerous interviews for Brown University over the past several years, and every now and then I run up against an interesting situation: applicants from the same high school. More often than not, these students are very different in personality, interests and academic strengths. However, colleges cannot help but compare applicants from the same schools, often evaluating them together. This is especially likely given that admissions departments divide their workload geographically, so that the same rep becomes familiar with a given high school, visiting that school or nearby location during the fall and reviewing that school's applicants during the busy season. I usually tell my students that it is an advantage to be the only applicant from his or her own school so that the candidate is not outdone by a classmate. However, this is out of the student's control.

How are students judged against other applicants from their high school?

If you’ve thought to ask this question, you’re definitely on the right track to understanding how admissions professionals think. They are trying to figure out how well you’ve done in relation to your immediate peers. What this means is that if the highest grade point average available at your school is a 4.0, you shouldn’t be intimidated by a friend at another school who is bragging about a weighted 4.5. Accordingly, you might say that students are judged against other applicants from their high school. That said, don’t stress over being ranked 4 compared to 6. If you’re at the top of your class, the differentiators increasingly revolve around extracurricular activities and intangible personal qualities. Admissions officers aren’t wondering why you weren’t ‘president’ or ‘editor in chief’ or ‘math team captain’ but they are looking to see that whatever you’ve chosen to do, you’ve really made your mark. First, admissions officers will compare you to your school context to be able to identify whether you have been able to stand out. Then they will compare your profile to the admissions pool at large. Unfortunately, just because you stand out at your school doesn’t mean you stand out compared to everyone who applied.

1 hour ago, user789 said:

He will close his eyes when Indians come across ani saying & ears when they talk

but will still live in state where majority of them are Indians.. Lol

typical Indian trying hard to behave like a pake Americ@n

Haha shows you are a half wit who doesn't even try to understand what I said. I mentioned that I don't have a preference at all as far as it comes to living around other desis, esp half wits like you. 

However, don't let that stop you by puking out whatever you assumed. 

1 hour ago, user789 said:

He will close his eyes when Indians come across ani saying & ears when they talk

but will still live in state where majority of them are Indians.. Lol

typical Indian trying hard to behave like a pake Americ@n

Majority of people who live in the state of California are Indians? Wow I wonder where you pulled that statistic from, must be out of your a** as the thingy between your ears seems to be nothing but hollow. 

39 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Haha shows you are a half wit who doesn't even try to understand what I said. I mentioned that I don't have a preference at all as far as it comes to living around other desis, esp half wits like you. 

However, don't let that stop you by puking out whatever you assumed. 

I'm not assuming...I wrote based on your coments in this thread and other thread because You always male sure to mention I don't care if desis are there....don't care as I give a damn.  even though there is no context

..desis' are everywhere and so are [email protected] need to move with ppl who you are comfortable...if you can't find a way...then you have problem within yourself...

42 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Majority of people who live in the state of California are Indians? Wow I wonder where you pulled that statistic from, must be out of your a** as the thingy between your ears seems to be nothing but hollow. 

I compared indians living with other states ...you never understand simple things and i can understand you are not that matured. and lack basic sense.. ...moreover  mind your words wen you talk...don't talk like you are eating shi1t

1 hour ago, Amrita said:

Nenu unna ah place lo annai and visit frequently as i have family.  You can have your impression and i can have my opinion. Indians unnaru ante americans undaru ani kadu.  Comparitively so many indians ani nenu unna place class lo 2-3 kids undadam kuda rare aey . @3$%

Also, Indians ekkuva unna place lo competition is so high and two kids from same school cannot get into same ivy league school though may get into different ivy league school. They give equal opportunity to all kids from all schools. Mana kids ki too much pressure because of this. Less indians unna chota kids ki enta pressure lekunda competition lekunda easy chese chance mana place of settlement to kontha tevachu. 

Many factors in mind before you choose a place to settle. Evari priorities batti valla opinion on a place untundi. E factors consider chestu SD is out of my list.

Oka video chupiyana high school pillakayaladi ma niece pampindi motham 25 kids lo 18 ppl are indian origin. *n$

+_(

I have conducted numerous interviews for Brown University over the past several years, and every now and then I run up against an interesting situation: applicants from the same high school. More often than not, these students are very different in personality, interests and academic strengths. However, colleges cannot help but compare applicants from the same schools, often evaluating them together. This is especially likely given that admissions departments divide their workload geographically, so that the same rep becomes familiar with a given high school, visiting that school or nearby location during the fall and reviewing that school's applicants during the busy season. I usually tell my students that it is an advantage to be the only applicant from his or her own school so that the candidate is not outdone by a classmate. However, this is out of the student's control.

If you’ve thought to ask this question, you’re definitely on the right track to understanding how admissions professionals think. They are trying to figure out how well you’ve done in relation to your immediate peers. What this means is that if the highest grade point average available at your school is a 4.0, you shouldn’t be intimidated by a friend at another school who is bragging about a weighted 4.5. Accordingly, you might say that students are judged against other applicants from their high school. That said, don’t stress over being ranked 4 compared to 6. If you’re at the top of your class, the differentiators increasingly revolve around extracurricular activities and intangible personal qualities. Admissions officers aren’t wondering why you weren’t ‘president’ or ‘editor in chief’ or ‘math team captain’ but they are looking to see that whatever you’ve chosen to do, you’ve really made your mark. First, admissions officers will compare you to your school context to be able to identify whether you have been able to stand out. Then they will compare your profile to the admissions pool at large. Unfortunately, just because you stand out at your school doesn’t mean you stand out compared to everyone who applied.

iyanni kaadu le gaani ye area lo undedaanivo cheppu

1 hour ago, Amrita said:

+_(

I I heard from lot of parents - At the end of the day there are high chances of indian kids raising well not just in terms of education but more importantly in terms of culture and ethics when they are raised in schools or cities where majority are indian's...again it varies from each parent - parent...but i go with majority who said so....at the end of the day raising kids in america is big challenge.

3 hours ago, Amrita said:

Mamulu desi santha kadu. FUll ...schools ki velthe 80% manolle. Enta ghoram ga unnaru ante pattu cheeralu full sravana masam lo in colonies. Enni Indian dresses unna saripovu akkada. India pothe mi amma nikem jewelry konipettindi ani muchatlu . I dont know about apts but single family homes unna communities lo konni communities anta indians especially around qualcomm that americans are selling their homes and moving out. Just go to SANTA ( San diego Telugu association)  event you will know. 

Secret ga kumons ki povadam secret ga  activities nerpinchi pillalki kuda secrecy nerpinchadam annitiki pettindi peru. Avi chuse SD is out of my list  @3$%

whats wrong in sending their kids to kumons and other activities ? secret ante ? are they saying their kids not to tell other kids that they are going to kumons ? if so, then its bad..not advisable to raise kids like that...

18 minutes ago, user789 said:

whats wrong in sending their kids to kumons and other activities ? secret ante ? are they saying their kids not to tell other kids that they are going to kumons ? if so, then its bad..not advisable to raise kids like that...

Yes. Anni communities ala undakapovachu but it might have been one nasty community.

16 minutes ago, user789 said:

I I heard from lot of parents - At the end of the day there are high chances of indian kids raising well not just in terms of education but more importantly in terms of culture and ethics when they are raised in schools or cities where majority are indian's...again it varies from each parent - parent...but i go with majority who said so....at the end of the day raising kids in america is big challenge.

This i agree. 

19 minutes ago, user789 said:

@Cation please comment on this.