Any DBians in San Diego

tennisluvr

8 hours ago, LastManStanding said:

Endi bro Dallas ni vadilesi potha antav enti..asalu manasu ela vachindi ala anataniki...

September end ki ochindi inka mid 90s enti bro temperature, never ending summer aah

8 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

If you are looking for apartments, Mira Mesa could be better thing as most apartments are new and luxury built...

SD is cool man...it’s night life, activities, urban culture etc are really good...

It has good schools and SDSU is one the best research oriented university...

Thanks for the suggestion bro, this is the kind of answer I was looking for. Not a preaching sermon by idiots who assume things that they can't understand. 

I like San Diego.. excellent weather all year long... somehow I find the comments like not wanting to stay where there are a lot of Indians, weird and funny...live your life your way.. Don't let people around you influence your decisions....

8 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

May be UCSD...but SDSU is for sure as I have friends who went to this school and couple of guys are still at this university doing research...

UCSD is more of the research type school. SDSU is a good school too but not as heavily focused on research as UCSD. I know people that went to both places. 

Just now, r2d2 said:

I like San Diego.. excellent weather all year long... somehow I find the comments like not wanting to stay where there a lot of Indians weird and funny...live your life your way.. Don't let people around you influence your decisions....

Right I never mentioned that I don't want to live around a place where there are a lot of Indians. I don't necessarily consider it a huge requirement, like I won't particularly look for a place with a lot of desis. If they are there, they are there if not that is fine as well. 

Some people are finding that hard to understand, lol. 

8 hours ago, LastManStanding said:

Great. Nenu kuda job change ayyanu, adjust avutunna ippudippude inka kotha job lo. Nice, study ante certifications emaina planning a ?

Em bro malli job change chesava. 

1 hour ago, tennisluvr said:

UCSD is more of the research type school. SDSU is a good school too but not as heavily focused on research as UCSD. I know people that went to both places. 

UCSD is a state school, they are not that research heavy. In fact, UCSD is known to be a party school for undergrads. I don't know about the other school. 

9 minutes ago, Cation said:

UCSD is a state school, they are not that research heavy. In fact, UCSD is known to be a party school for undergrads. I don't know about the other school. 

UC San Diego is also closely affiliated with several regional research centers, such as the Salk Institute, the Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute, the Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine, and the Scripps Research Institute. According to the National Science Foundation, UC San Diego spent $1.133 billion on research and development in fiscal year 2017, ranking it 7th in the nation.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

UC San Diego is also closely affiliated with several regional research centers, such as the Salk Institute, the Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute, the Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine, and the Scripps Research Institute. According to the National Science Foundation, UC San Diego spent $1.133 billion on research and development in fiscal year 2017, ranking it 7th in the nation.

Salk wants to be first in the world to find cure for Cancer. Institution of Oceanography at UCSD logs sea surface water temperature daily. They have been doing it since 1916. This explains the global warming trends through out the years. 

27 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Salk and Scripps are well renowned, it's good to work there. But you don't want to go to UCSD if you're looking for a research heavy school. They're probably like 5-7th in California in terms of research universities. You want to pick private schools over public schools. The endowment to student ratio is pretty low at UCSD when compared to other schools in the nation. Besides research funding from NSF doesn't suffice, there are other funding sources like NIH and DOD who pay a lot more than NSF for research budget, which if you include 1.3 billion is very small for a research university.

7 minutes ago, Cation said:

Salk and Scripps are well renowned, it's good to work there. But you don't want to go to UCSD if you're looking for a research heavy school. They're probably like 5-7th in California in terms of research universities. You want to pick private schools over public schools. The endowment to student ratio is pretty low at UCSD when compared to other schools in the nation. Besides research funding from NSF doesn't suffice, there are other funding sources like NIH and DOD who pay a lot more than NSF for research budget, which if you include 1.3 billion is very small for a research university.

Salk and Scripps are part of UCSD. Ain't they. They follow the same admission process too.

34 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Also if you have more funding from NSF, it's indicative that there are more assistant professors. Usually NSF prefers funding early career professors. It might be okay, depending on who you choose to work with but if you haven't picked already, I would vote against fishing once you start at the school. 

2 minutes ago, meri_zindagi said:

Salk and Scripps are part of UCSD. Ain't they. They follow the same admission process too.

Salk and Scripps research institute are independent research institutes. They probably have collaborations across but they're not a part of UCSD. UCSD has a Scripps institute of oceanography if was funded by the same thing as Scripps research institute.