Name a book that changed your life

Ranging

18 hours ago, Don_Draper said:

The HitchHikers guide to Galaxy by Doug Adams. It surely did change Elon Musk's and many kids lives back in the day .

pretty sure Elon Musk didn't read any book. lol. 

he has claimed a 100 books as life changing. includin the culture series. that man is a fraud. 

I started reading ramayana at the age of 8... okko age Lo okkola ardham ayindhi.. na thappulani chala thelusukoni jagrattha paddanu..

Amrutham kurisina rathri all time favorite..1940 time lo antha goppa kavithwam rayadam... tilak garu🙏

Deepthi textbook Chesina help anthakuminchi... 😂😂 

18 hours ago, dasari said:

+1

Couldn’t finish full...need to get sometime to finish it...

don't bother man. its not worth it.

its badly written by a 3rd grade writer. I will complete the story if you want me to.

Just now, Cation said:

You're wrong, I know how you despise Ayan Rand. But, I don't. 

its not about me despising her. its about how 'objectively' (her own phrase) pathetic her writing is, even if you look past the ideology she sprinkles her text with.

I thought in Ayn Rand's world there's no place for subjectivity. that's why my claim that she's objectively horrible.

1 minute ago, crashnburn said:

its not about me despising her. its about how 'objectively' (her own phrase) pathetic her writing is, even if you look past the ideology she sprinkles her text with.

I thought in Ayn Rand's world there's no place for subjectivity. that's why my claim that she's objectively horrible.

I don't see the point of encouraging mediocrity in the name of social justice and subjectivity. Sure, not everyone gets the same opportunity, but all we got to do is to suck it up and do what we are good at. 

5 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

You can say all you want about how I got the opportunity so I don't care about others. But guess what, no one has a cake walk, everyone struggles and they deserve to get there because of what they did. 

Just now, Cation said:

I don't see the point of encouraging mediocrity in the name of social justice and subjectivity. Sure, not everyone gets the same opportunity, but all we got to do is to suck it up and do what we are good at. 

you don't see the point because you don't understand nature. like every system tries to find its optimum structure, that helps find it efficiency, flexibility, etc.

Ayn Rand's structure is one among the many tht humans have adopted. you don't get to call others mediocre just because reading Ayn Rand made you feel smart and productive. nor can you speak for the aspirations of people who are left behind, without actually having the power to silence them.

what you are doing is just making a simple ideological claim as truth.. encouraging 'mediocrity may have its advantages that are not readily apparent at the time of making policies. if you think it doesn't, then you have to prove it scientifically. not by simply asserting it again.