Name a book that changed your life

Ranging

10 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

your success (or whatever it is, that you think you've achieved) was possible because of your position in society, and the giveaways govt gave to your class to advantage them against the lower class. 

so in effect, it was poor people, who let you become rich, when they should have demanded more from their govt. now, if you think that people have to come up on their own ways, what are the rules? do you agree with the rules framed by the govt, or do you think it should be free for all to make their own rules.

if its the latter, I hope someone targets and kills you, because it would just be 'survival of fittest' in action. but if you agree to govt rules, the argument is about how fair the rules are to everyone. stop pretending as if you even understand what you are saying, beyond the filth Ayn Rand filled your mind with.

You have no idea about the struggles that I had to go through or for that matter anyone has to go through. Just don't imagine that if someone is doing good, it's because of their social position. We don't get anywhere in life if we ponder on what others think of us. Our job is to just moving forward is all we can do. We can only help people that can help themselves.

11 minutes ago, Cation said:

I am grateful to the opportunities

see, I'm not grateful for anything. I am not grateful to my father who set me up with startup money. Not grateful to my uncle who helped me when i was in the dumps. not even one bit.

what is this grateful business dude? are you actually a fountainhead fan, or just some pointless upperclass conservative, who thinks he's doing the world a favour by being tough on people? 

world doesn't need you, bro. it doesn't need me too. don't be delusional.

4 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

yeah, I saw in that thread where you where whining about my choice of paying women for s3x. lol.

is that what goes for 'do whatever I like' in your world. I pity your world man.

‘Whatever I like’ is with respect to public policy and more specifically public funds. Not what I wanna do personally. Feels good to control people’s lives. %$#$

1 minute ago, Cation said:

You have no idea about the struggles that I had to go through or for that matter anyone has to go through. Just don't imagine that if someone is doing good, it's because of their social position. We don't get anywhere in life if we ponder on what others think of us. Our job is to just moving forward is all we can do. We can only help people that can help themselves.

I don't care about your struggles, man. learn to make your case, instead of getting all defensive and teary eyed.

if you think its your prerogative to 'move forward' with the tools at your disposal, its everyone else's right to 'move forward' with theirs. you seem to have a problem with other's right to do what you did. you insist that they must accomplish their goals in exxactly the same way you did. its a pathetic argument.

try another.

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

‘Whatever I like’ is with respect to public policy and more specifically public funds. Not what I wanna do personally. Feels good to control people’s lives. %$#$

yeah yeah. your world is pathetic. you can't even have s3x with a dozen women. I lost my virginity by 15, and had multiple women by the time I was 25. haha.. looks like someone else is controlling your own life, while you delude yourself that you control other people's lives.

my life was awesome.

2 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

yeah yeah. your world is pathetic. you can't even have s3x with a dozen women. I lost my virginity by 15, and had multiple women by the time I was 25. haha.. looks like someone else is controlling your own life, while you delude yourself that you control other people's lives.

my life was awesome.

You just don’t know what power is then. What ever you have experienced - multiply by 10000. 

18 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

I mean, do you love the Indian state or not. forget about culture.

do you support Indian repression of kashmir? do you even feel a little bit ashamed of being an Indian now that India has occupied kashmir? etc.. 

This is a very good question. However, the answer is not straight forward. I don't think the answer is straight forward because of ethnic cleansing over generations. I don't support the repression of people in Kashmir but I also wasn't a fan of lynching of Kashmiri pandits. We have this everywhere in the world~Isreal-Palestine, India-Pakistan, Srilanka-Tamil Nadu. Anytime there is an influx of immigrants through means that wouldn't be termed humane. What's the ideal solution? There isn't one. That's why I support any decision that would be as humane as possible without the loss of cultural identity which is what the Government did. Why is it that you only see the misery from supression of Kashmir by the Indian Government but not the oppression of Ladakh by Kashmir, Balochistan by Pakistan, Taiwan, Hongkong and Tibet by China? 

Just now, Cation said:

This is a very good question. However, the answer is not straight forward. I don't think the answer is straight forward because of ethnic cleansing over generations. I don't support the repression of people in Kashmir but I also wasn't a fan of lynching of Kashmiri pandits. We have this everywhere in the world~Isreal-Palestine, India-Pakistan, Srilanka-Tamil Nadu. Anytime there is an influx of immigrants through means that wouldn't be termed humane. What's the ideal solution? There isn't one. That's why I support any decision that would be as humane as possible without the loss of cultural identity which is what the Government did. Why is it that you only see the misery from supression of Kashmir by the Indian Government but not the oppression of Ladakh by Kashmir, Balochistan by Pakistan, Taiwan, Hongkong and Tibet by China? 

the answer is not straight forward because you are a hypocrite who wants individual freedom for yourself, while wanting the state to repress others on your behalf. don't give ethnic cleansing bullshit, without reading kashmir's history and Indian army's brutal killings (before that ethnic cleansing happened).

you ask me what the idea solution is? dude, it means you've not read or talked to people who are passionate about individual freedom, after reading that trash 'fountain head'.

the solution is simple. dissolve nations. fcuk cultural identity. what are you even talking about?

I'm pretty sure you like fountainhead because it probably spoke to your deepest insecurities about not being able to connect with others. It told you that its okay to be a dcik to others, and is even great to be one.

16 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

dude, pls stop bringing up fountainhead. you must be old enough now, to realise that world doesn't work that way. there are no peter keatings, and sure as hell no howard roarks.

grow up.

Peter Keating and Howard Roarks just describe these qualities. Believe it or not, we all have parts of both their characters in all of us.