Name a book that changed your life

Ranging

1 minute ago, crashnburn said:

the answer is not straight forward because you are a hypocrite who wants individual freedom for yourself, while wanting the state to repress others on your behalf. don't give ethnic cleansing bullshit, without reading kashmir's history and Indian army's brutal killings (before that ethnic cleansing happened).

you ask me what the idea solution is? dude, it means you've not read or talked to people who are passionate about individual freedom, after reading that trash 'fountain head'.

the solution is simple. dissolve nations. fcuk cultural identity. what are you even talking about?

I'm pretty sure you like fountainhead because it probably spoke to your deepest insecurities about not being able to connect with others. It told you that its okay to be a dcik to others, and is even great to be one.

Yes, my deepest insecurity is not being able to do what I want because of social norms, being a part of a social ladder and giving up on my dreams is what I fear the most. So, I found fountainhead very relevant. 

1 minute ago, crashnburn said:

individual freedom means respecting other's freedom too.

if you don't want to, and think they should earn their freedom, you are a feudal fcuk. like peter thiel.

Describe what freedom is to you, lack of governance or anarchy?

1 minute ago, Cation said:

Peter Keating and Howard Roarks just describe these qualities. Believe it or not, we all have parts of both their characters in all of us. 

okay. whatever. if you can, read 'The Dispossessed' by Ursula Le Guin.

she's the closest to Ayn Rand in ideology, but has far greater prose, and writes with much better imagination about the possibilities of humanity, than Ayn Rand ever could.

She describes an anarchist utopia in that book. An individualist paradise (not like Atlantis in that Ayn Rand's other book), without much bias. she sets that paradise up, and shows what is wrong with it. She contrasts it with liberal paradise in another island, and shows what its problems are.

don't get stuck with fountainhead. its an idiotic novel full of laugh worthy ideas.

2 minutes ago, Cation said:

Yes, my deepest insecurity is not being able to do what I want because of social norms, being a part of a social ladder and giving up on my dreams is what I fear the most. So, I found fountainhead very relevant. 

most of these social norms are conservative too. yeah some of them are liberal. I agree that liberals get all idiotic when they don't get their way. 

but your argument is all over the place. its not sjw that constrict govts, its the nature of politics itself. its the nature of nation state itself.

that's why I asked if you love India.

4 minutes ago, Cation said:

Describe what freedom is to you, lack of governance or anarchy?

obviously anarchy. I'm an anarchist who dreams of a world where all govts don't exist. borders dont exist.

4 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

obviously anarchy. I'm an anarchist who dreams of a world where all govts don't exist. borders dont exist.

See that's just too much work man. I only have one *** life, I can't even find enough time to get my shhit done, I am not going to go around people telling them what I think they should be doing. There are a lot of dumbfucks that care enough to run the Government and help the lazy people around. I like to help people as well, but I like to help people that are willing to work their ass off. I detest mediocrity for a reason. I hate having to give out freebies to people that expect them rather than people that work for it. 

2 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

Look at areas affected by  Mexican drug cartels where power is with drug cartels and not strong government ( refer to Joe Rogan podcast with Ioan Grillo). Look at west African countries like Liberia,  Sierra Leone etc suffering with civil war due to incompetent governments.  It's easy to say that you want a country with no governments and borders sitting at your home safely. 

Society collapses if there is no order. Society won't evolve if whole focus is on survival and not sure if you will see the light of next day. 

5 minutes ago, Cation said:

See that's just too much work man. I only have one *** life, I can't even find enough time to get my shhit done, I am not going to go around people telling them what I think they should be doing. There are a lot of dumbfucks that care enough to run the Government and help the lazy people around. I like to help people as well, but I like to help people that are willing to work their ass off. I detest mediocrity for a reason. I hate having to give out freebies to people that expect them rather than people that work for it. 

then may be you should shut up about telling people what they should do in all cases. stop preaching about handouts etc.

like I said earlier, I am not grateful to my uncle who helped me, because I feel entitled to it as family. similarly, there are a few things that people inside a nation are entitled to - from their govt.

asking for their bare minimums from the govt is not begging. first learn to argue.

9 minutes ago, Cation said:

a nation derives its power from its people man. it cannot make decisions that keep majority of people in poverty while enriching a few.

you are a collectivist like peter keating. you just don't know it yet.

5 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

then may be you should shut up about telling people what they should do in all cases. stop preaching about handouts etc.

like I said earlier, I am not grateful to my uncle who helped me, because I feel entitled to it as family. similarly, there are a few things that people inside a nation are entitled to - from their govt.

asking for their bare minimums from the govt is not begging. first learn to argue.

That's a good point you say. Now define bare minimum. What constitutes a handout and what constitutes a social privilege? Are there norms of how much you need to work to be eligible for these handouts or is being alive the criteria for being eligible for handouts? If you need to work for it, what is the minimum amount of work you need to do? If there is a minimum about of work, what about people that work harder? Are they working harder because they are helping people that aren't able to work as hard, lead a better life?

Just now, crashnburn said:

a nation derives its power from its people man. it cannot make decisions that keep majority of people in poverty while enriching a few.

you are a collectivist like peter keating. you just don't know it yet.

I am no Howard Roark. I just try to be one. 

7 minutes ago, Tyler_durden said:

Look at areas affected by  Mexican drug cartels where power is with drug cartels and not strong government ( refer to Joe Rogan podcast with Ioan Grillo). Look at west African countries like Liberia,  Sierra Leone etc suffering with civil war due to incompetent governments.  It's easy to say that you want a country with no governments and borders sitting at your home safely. 

Society collapses if there is no order. Society won't evolve if whole focus is on survival and not sure if you will see the light of next day. 

rogan is an idiot. I'll come back and argue on this on another day. 

but rogan is fcuking scum.

That's a good point you say. Now define bare minimum. What constitutes a handout and what constitutes a social privilege? Are there norms of how much you need to work to be eligible for these handouts or being alive the criteria for being eligible for handouts? If you need to work for it, what is the minimum amount of work you need to do? If there is a minimum about of work, what about people that work harder? Are they working harder because they are helping people that aren't able to work as hard, lead a better life?

I'm in a hurry. later. bye 

I am no Howard Roark. I just try to be one. 

I'm howard roark, except I don't think that I own everything I make like a fcuking dcikhead.

anyway modern world has moved beyond these silly paradigms man. the smartest people in the world are not like howard roarks. 

Just now, crashnburn said:

rogan is an idiot. I'll come back and argue on this on another day. 

but rogan is fcuking scum.

U make big  statements with confidence but fail to back them up.