No Sugar

chittimallu_14

25 minutes ago, chittimallu_14 said:

Anyone here follows No sugar or extremely low sugar diet? Recent ga konni documentaries choosa about how bad sugars are. General ga people say "sugars are bad" but no one really explained them in detail but these videos are an eye opener and planning to cut any and all extra sugars and processed foods (I dont use much anyway)... Inka evaraina following this? Any tips and experiences that you want to share?

Nenu follow chesanu 50 days no sugar diet(keto) lost 20lbs weight .You will feel more energetic and your concentration levels will increase.Ippudu kooda chestuna every 3 months ki 15 days no sugar (keto) diet follow avthe body ki manchidhi

Just now, DaleSteyn1 said:

plant based sweetners are ok like stevia rest of sweetners also have sugars but in less quantity

Stevia sweetener ok antunaru but most of the artificial sweeteners carcinogenic 

17 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Wrong. Type of sugar makes a significant difference as well. Fructose is different from Sucralose for example. 

When you eat fruits the kind of sugar you consume is a fructose, mostly monosaccharides whereas consuming complex sugars those are in the form of candy etc are polysaccharides. 

are they good or bad?

1 minute ago, dasari said:

Any thoughts on sweeteners ?

Artificial sweeteners are worse esp Aspartame. Read about the history of Aspartame, it was invented as a by product of making rat poison. So you can imagine how safe it is. 

On the other hand, Stevia is derived from a plant and is a good alternative. 

Monk fruit extract is fine as well

7 minutes ago, IndiAndhrapradesh said:

Develop honey culture. 

Honey is as bad as is sugar when it comes to raising your insulin levels. LOL at thinking honey is a healthy alternative, plus most honey you buy off the shelves have plenty of preservatives in them. 

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Artificial sweeteners are worse esp Aspartame. Read about the history of Aspartame, it was invented as a by product of making rat poison. So you can imagine how safe it is. 

On the other hand, Stevia is derived from a plant and is a good alternative. 

Monk fruit extract is fine as well

monk fruit is also good but both stevia and monk fruit taste horrible

• Upvote 1

I did strict keto for about 4 months lost 22kgs in weight. I felt good physically and better state of mind. Just change in diet no walking no gym no workouts. 

Downside was It was deficient in many minerals and nutrients. 

About your question, carbs will also be converted to sugars. The better way is to take complex carbs and avoid simple sugars so that there will not be a spike in insulin. 

Dietary guidelines are not the same to every person learn and understand your body and make changes accordingly. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chittimallu_14 said:

are they good or bad?

Fruits are healthier mainly because apart from their sweetness they also have good fiber which aids with absorbing the sugars slowly into your blood stream thereby preventing an outright spike in your insulin levels. 

However, fruit juices on the other hand esp those ones you buy at stores is just like drinking candy water. Not healthy at all. Fruits are usually to be consumed after a 16 hour regular fast and a workout, they are good to replenish your resources after a heavy workout

Just now, Tyler_durden said:

I did strict keto for about 4 months lost 22kgs in weight. I felt good physically and better state of mind. Just change in diet no walking no gym no workouts. 

Downside was It was deficient in many minerals and nutrients. 

About your question, carbs will also be converted to sugars. The better way is to take complex carbs and avoid simple sugars so that there will not be a spike in insulin. 

Dietary guidelines are not the same to every person learn and understand your body and make changes accordingly. 

It's not true that a Keto diet is deficient in minerals and nutrients, it depends on the type of Keto diet you have followed and what you define as Nutrients in this case. 

There's always the option of taking a multi vitamin to account for your minerals and vitamin intake on a daily basis although they won't replace eating them from natural food sources. 

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

Fruits are healthier mainly because apart from their sweetness they also have good fiber which aids with absorbing the sugars slowly into your blood stream thereby preventing an outright spike in your insulin levels. 

However, fruit juices on the other hand esp those ones you buy at stores is just like drinking candy water. Not healthy at all. Fruits are usually to be consumed after a 16 hour regular fast and a workout, they are good to replenish your resources after a heavy workout

Yeah nenu bottled juice etlano thaaganu.. I used to take gatorade after a session of footy but adi kooda bandh chesina.. I use electrolyte tablets now which has only 1g of sugar and put that in cold water and drink it.... my only concern is with carbs being converted into sugars... if I really want to do this no sugar thing should I completely avoid fruit, rice, bread, oats and live on just meat and veggies or what annadhi im in a dilemma now... that would be probably very close to keto diet which I dont want to go into...  Im not even worried about losing weight or anything, you know me im kind of skinny anyways