Feeling lonely and abandoned

Daaarling

11 minutes ago, Cation said:

I can't seem to settle. 

Jus keep working towards your expectations. Never settle down. There are some tricks not to fall into depression. Find what works for you.

• Upvote 1

On 9/27/2019 at 1:57 PM, Cation said:

Myself, I get depressed because I set too high expectations for myself. This is followed by being overwhelmed, depression and lethargy in the same order. And the cycle continues. 

Sounds like you are just conditioning yourself to feel extremely sad whenever you failed to achieve your goals. People fail when they try to achieve a lot in a short period of time. 

Play the long innings. Choose targets that can only be achieved in the long term. 

6 minutes ago, meri_zindagi said:

Jus keep working towards your expectations. Never settle down. There are some tricks not to fall into depression. Find what works for you.

Be Narcissistic.

25 minutes ago, Cation said:

Myself, I get depressed because I set too high expectations for myself. This is followed by being overwhelmed, depression and lethargy in the same order. And the cycle continues. 

PhD effect

9 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Sounds like you are just conditioning yourself to feel extremely sad whenever you could not achieve your goals. People fail when they try to achieve a lot in a short period of time. 

Play the long innings. Choose targets that can only be achieved in the long term. 

I don't need your advice, but @thanks for trying. I tend to have unrealistic expectations so I can push myself. I feel sad sometimes, but who doesn't? Besides, I have too much to do that I won't kill myself. So, what should I be worried about? Mental health? Not really a concern at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Be Narcissistic.

Up to what level ? Highly narcissistic person is not grounded to reality. They cant empathize others. I don't want to be such.

Btw You can't dictate me... I will be me.

8 minutes ago, meri_zindagi said:

Up to what level ? Highly narcissistic person is not grounded to reality. They cant empathize others. I don't want to be such.

Btw You can't dictate me... I will be me.

Why should one have empathy? 

21 minutes ago, Cation said:

I don't need your advice, but @thanks for trying. I tend to have unrealistic expectations so I can push myself. I feel sad sometimes, but who doesn't? Besides, I have too much to do that I won't kill myself. So, what should I be worried about? Mental health? Not really a concern at the moment. 

If you know that there is a chance that you can fail then why feel sad?