FTE vs consulting

Abhagyudu

58 minutes ago, meandhrakurradu said:

general ga 1-2 months notice period istaru kada baa, exp unte mestri transfer cheskuntaru, elago maname kada pay chesedi transfer ki

Aren't most companies employers at will? 

1 hour ago, JambaKrantu said:

2009 to 2011 recession time lo FTE lani Friday evening pilchi same day fire chesevallu.. There is no requirement for companies to give notices.. Especially during recession time no notices..  Recession time lo projects lekunda Mestris evvaru transfer cheskoru even if you pay. In my previous company entire teams of FTEs were let go without any notice during recession time. A lot of them went back to India and are working for Infosys now where the offshore projects for this client are. Some came back via H1 after a few years but some just stayed back in India.. I have a cousin who was let go from a FTE on the same day in 2011 and he was forced to return to India in 2 weeks. After working for 3 years in India he came back again on H1 but now he doesn't trust FTEs anymore.. When the market is good companies will hire en masse but the market is bad they have to layoff H1s first compared to US Citizens and GCs because of DOL rules. Also when the economy is bad companies prefer to hire contractors rather than hiring FTEs, because they don't have that hiring confidence. Contractors ante loosely coupled relationship kabatti they can be let go anytime..

also lay off aite 2 months time untadi kada h1 meda ?

25 minutes ago, meandhrakurradu said:

also lay off aite 2 months time untadi kada h1 meda ?

60 days time untundi kani during recession time it's very hard to find a project in 60 days.. My brother told me that it used to take between 4 to 6 months to find the next project between 2009 to 2011. For his friend in SAP he searched for a project for 11 months to find one..

16 hours ago, JambaKrantu said:

60 days time untundi kani during recession time it's very hard to find a project in 60 days.. My brother told me that it used to take between 4 to 6 months to find the next project between 2009 to 2011. For his friend in SAP he searched for a project for 11 months to find one..

Ya basic ga layoffs appudu contracting is better but we never know layoffs Avtaya leda ani 

21 hours ago, Abhagyudu said:

Got an FTE recently in Dallas, epudu consulting lo working with the same client  for more than 6 years.. Not sure to move or not .naaku client daggara client letter evvaru due to to change in their policy . deeni valla H1 kashtam emi ani oka bhayam vundhi  kaani nenu vunna vooriki baga alavtu padipoyanu .. artam avvatledu FTE teesukundama leda ani..

my two cents :

1) FTE tesuko because you have visa issue.  salary comparable ga unte good.

2) It is so difficult to adjust in new place . It is going to take . please be prepare for it in advance. i suffered a lot when i switched between cities. 

18 hours ago, JambaKrantu said:

2009 to 2011 recession time lo FTE lani Friday evening pilchi same day fire chesevallu.. There is no requirement for companies to give notices.. Especially during recession time no notices..  Recession time lo projects lekunda Mestris evvaru transfer cheskoru even if you pay. In my previous company entire teams of FTEs were let go without any notice during recession time. A lot of them went back to India and are working for Infosys now where the offshore projects for this client are. Some came back via H1 after a few years but some just stayed back in India.. I have a cousin who was let go from a FTE on the same day in 2011 and he was forced to return to India in 2 weeks. After working for 3 years in India he came back again on H1 but now he doesn't trust FTEs anymore.. When the market is good companies will hire en masse but the market is bad they have to layoff H1s first compared to US Citizens and GCs because of DOL rules. Also when the economy is bad companies prefer to hire contractors rather than hiring FTEs, because they don't have that hiring confidence. Contractors ante loosely coupled relationship kabatti they can be let go anytime..

bhayya,  time bagunte nuvvu ee job lo unna peekaru.  time baga lekapothe ninnu eppudina peekutaru. recession vaste depends upon each company how they are going to react.

FTE teesuko..2011 lo layoff ayithe grace period ledu..ippudu 60 days undi..

At recession even consult difficult to get job..3-4 months mesthri h1 hold days gone..it may possible if he pays u on bench..

FTE or consult risk is same.dependency, your sal, age matters when some one layoff..at this times no GC in near future consult is waste..

Take fte, enjoy benefits, stay competitive to job market..be prepared to leave this country if time comes..

Times changed..it's not easy to sustain here any more..I am sure you are not fresh off the boat..

If some ones thinks consulting is Good now for h1s, he is at his own fools paradise..

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, JambaKrantu said:

Appatlo 1 yr bench common

I just signed FTE offer on Wednesday.  Of course visa transfer emavutundo teledu it’s contingent on that which they are planning on filing next week . I speculated more than a week if I really wanted this as I will be making little less than contracting and I am working in a awesome environment where I am feeling bad to leave my colleagues . Ikkada managers illu konukko your project is very stable for few years Nenu next project lo kuda tesukunta edi ayipoyina ani over and over cheptune  unnaru anta stability and comfort level undi .Happiness kuda lekundey that I earned it with few rounds of interviews and writing code for 2 hours . But I took a call and signed it . Recession lo Job pote Malla h1 transfer cheyinchukoni contract Loki ravachu .  Nothing is end of the world . We can’t stop walking thinking of something which might come up tomorrow . Situation vachinappudu face it is my thing . I did what I thought is best for me . Edo my two cents . 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Amrita said:

I just signed FTE offer on Wednesday.  Of course visa transfer emavutundo teledu it’s contingent on that which they are planning on filing next week . I speculated more than week if I really wanted this as 20 k less than contracting and I am working in a awesome environment where I am feeling bad to leave my colleagues . Ikkada managers illu konukko your project is very stable for few years Nenu next project lo kuda tesukunta edi ayipoyina ani over and over cheptune  unnaru anta stability and comfort level undi .Happiness kuda lekundey that I earned it with few rounds of interviews and writing code for 2 hours . But I took a call and signed it . Recession lo Job pote Malla h1 transfer cheyinchukoni contract Loki ravachu . Nothing is end of the world . We can’t stop walking thinking of something which might come up tomorrow . Situation vachinappudu face it is my thing . I did what I thought is best for me . Edo my two cents . 

congratulations bl@st