• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeessy_bb

• hyperbole

• reality

• chittimallu_14

53 minutes ago, AndhraneedSCS said:

Mottam enni trains and stations untayi Railways lo?

The Indian Railways is among the world's largest rail networks. The Indian Railways route length network is spread over 115,000 km, with 12,617 passenger trains and 7,421 freight trains each day from 7,349 stations plying 23 million travellers and 3 million tonnes (MT) of freight daily

33 minutes ago, Hydrockers said:

The Indian Railways is among the world's largest rail networks. The Indian Railways route length network is spread over 115,000 km, with 12,617 passenger trains and 7,421 freight trains each day from 7,349 stations plying 23 million travellers and 3 million tonnes (MT) of freight daily

I don't have an opinion yet.

I would support whatever provides better services to passengers. Train ki oka iddaru Janitors unte baguntundi ani na feeling. Or atleast a better flush mechanism like flights 

37 minutes ago, chittimallu_14 said:

asalu railways ni private cheyyadam dheniki... last time i checked they are always in profits kada? Or did something change recently?

Indian Budget is the main impediment to the expansion of railways, the heavy investment needed in infrastructure. Railways takes a huge toll on budget via two means:
1.     Expansion and infrastructure - some of the works in AP and TG sanctioned 10 years ago are still stuck because of lack of funds. 
2.     Diesel (electrification is not even 30% to date)

Rather than fully privatizing Indian Railways or rather any mode public transportation, in my opinion, it would be very much desirable to allow private players in the railways sector. Private players in aviation and telecom for example, has only helped the state player in addition to the overall economy. My 2 reasons are:

1. The number of trains hasn't been increasing to meet the demand of the Indian public and if private sector can atleast go after existing routes  while the public sector arm can more concentrate on integrating the far flung regions like north-east, kashmir and make them accessible to everyone.

2. The cleanliness hygiene has been degrading or is not acceptable to the standards

17 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

Indian Budget is the main impediment to the expansion of railways, the heavy investment needed in infrastructure. Railways takes a huge toll on budget via two means:
1.     Expansion and infrastructure - some of the works in AP and TG sanctioned 10 years ago are still stuck because of lack of funds. 
2.     Diesel (electrification is not even 30% to date)

Rather than fully privatizing Indian Railways or rather any mode public transportation, in my opinion, it would be very much desirable to allow private players in the railways sector. Private players in aviation and telecom for example, has only helped the state player in addition to the overall economy. My 2 reasons are:

1. The number of trains hasn't been increasing to meet the demand of the Indian public and if private sector can atleast go after existing routes  while the public sector arm can more concentrate on integrating the far flung regions like north-east, kashmir and make them accessible to everyone.

2. The cleanliness hygiene has been degrading or is not acceptable to the standards

In my opinion, the day to day running operations should be privatized...The tracks, infrastructure and ticket prices still needs to be decided by the railways but day to day operations, maintenance of stations, maintenance of premium services etc should be privatized...

14 hours ago, chittimallu_14 said:

love your DP man ... waiting for the jersey release, if you get to know more info about it let me know

nov 2 is first match vs Kerala and hoping by then they should have something for sale.

9e788-15707980273462-800.jpg

Prime locality la stadium pattinaru, GMC Balayogi Gachibowli is their official stadium for home games. Hoping their club succeeds in Hyd after the move from Pune

80422-15707983950049-800.jpg

3 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

In my opinion, the day to day running operations should be privatized...The tracks, infrastructure and ticket prices still needs to be decided by the railways but day to day operations, maintenance of stations, maintenance of premium services etc should be privatized...

I concur ..these are the easy targets and should be the first ones to go.