Honda Accord V6

AndhraneedSCS

100K miles touch ayyindi over a span of 10 years. Akkada nundi sudden ga start ayyindi 

Brakes: $450

Transmission Fluid, Power Steering Fluid, new Battery, Wipers: $500

Ninna malli teesukelthe timing belt, values, filters,... ani oka $1500 ki cheppadu.

Innallu pedda problems emi levu.. but oke sari sudden ga $2500 pettali ante chala badha ga undi.

26 minutes ago, AndhraneedSCS said:

100K miles touch ayyindi over a span of 10 years. Akkada nundi sudden ga start ayyindi 

Ninna malli teesukelthe timing belt, values, filters,... ani oka $1500 ki cheppadu.

Innallu pedda problems emi levu.. but oke sari sudden ga $2500 pettali ante chala badha ga und

brakes >> timing Belt change >> Transmission Fluid (99$ not more) >>PS Fluid, Brake Fluid

first rule after 100k, dont go to dealer, find a local mechanic

timing belt should not be more than 500-600 for honda accord, Transmission fluid 99$, PS fluid 80$, Brakes 100$ parts (80$ labor) if you get it done by local mobile mechanics

i dont see more than 1000$ for all the repairs you mentioned

one at a time cheyinchukovachu, dealers overdo repairs for their profits

26 minutes ago, AndhraneedSCS said:

30 minutes ago, AndhraneedSCS said:

Innallu pedda problems emi levu.. but oke sari sudden ga $2500 pettali ante chala badha ga undi.

V6 runs on low rpm in case of car, the parts should have less wear and tear than a V4, infact you can go 10K miles more without timing belt change (~110K), make sure to replace water pump with Timing belt

8 minutes ago, usetime63 said:

10yrs ki $2500 is called low maintenance.

Inthaku mundu kuda replaced Brakes, tires, Batteries, ..... may be about $200-300 per year on an average. This time, all at the same time hitting the pocket 

3 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

V6 runs on low rpm in case of car, the parts should have less wear and tear than a V4, infact you can go 10K miles more without timing belt change (~110K), make sure to replace water pump with Timing belt

Yes, planning to do the whole kit.

7 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

brakes >> timing Belt change >> Transmission Fluid (99$ not more) >>PS Fluid, Brake Fluid

first rule after 100k, dont go to dealer, find a local mechanic

timing belt should not be more than 500-600 for honda accord, Transmission fluid 99$, PS fluid 80$, Brakes 100$ parts (80$ labor) if you get it done by local mobile mechanics

i dont see more than 1000$ for all the repairs you mentioned

one at a time cheyinchukovachu, dealers overdo repairs for their profits

Brake pads tho patu rotors kuda change cheyyali ani annadu. I used to go to dealer for everything as I believe that local Mechanics can put cheap parts and I have to go more often. 

Costco Member ship unte, dealer will give 15% discount. I am planning to go to Honest 1 auto this time as they offer 36,000 mile warranty for everything they do + free towing service for 1 year....

And Yes, planning to break everything into parts 

Timing belt parts ke $450 cheppadu (off course OEM parts) 

24 minutes ago, AndhraneedSCS said:

Brake pads tho patu rotors kuda change cheyyali ani annadu. I used to go to dealer for everything as I believe that local Mechanics can put cheap parts and I have to go more often. 

Costco Member ship unte, dealer will give 15% discount. I am planning to go to Honest 1 auto this time as they offer 36,000 mile warranty for everything they do + free towing service for 1 year....

And Yes, planning to break everything into parts 

Timing belt parts ke $450 cheppadu (off course OEM parts) 

Yeah its always better to go to dealers... nenu dealer gadu ekkuva cheptunnadu break pads ki ani firestone ki velte, vadevo cheap parts vesadu sneaky sound vastunde....entra edi 1 month munde kotta break pads cesav ela sound vastundi enti ani vadi daggariki velthe... reverse lo vade nannu looks to be you are a hard breaker and there are hot spots on rotors and thats why the noise... break pads, rotors anni change cheyyali annadu, daniki $2000 cheppadu.... endi ra front break pads vi dealer vesadu 6 months back vadi daniki sound ledu nuvvu vesinavi monne kada ra, malli rotor sound kuda vastundi back nundi ani adigite tirigi nanne antunde.... vadiki middle finger chupinchi malli dealer daggariki velthe ... cheap break pads vesadu so rotors lo noise vastundi, kotta break pads vesi rotors ni polish cheyyali mottam $500 annadu

appudu anipinchindi e firestone sale gallu entha mosam chestaro ani... nenu $200 save avtunnai ani firestobe daggariki velte vadu naku $2k bokka pettalani chusadu...

appati nundi konchem cost ekkuva aina dealer gadine nammukunna... 

you get what you pay anthe.

2 hours ago, AndhraneedSCS said:

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/2009/ 

See this link.  Its says It is common for 2009 Accord to have premature Brake, Engine ,Transmission issues.  I would say get rid of it . These many issues are not common.

Since your car is old, you should go to a reputed mechanic (check google/yelp for reviews in local area, ASE certified would be icing on the cake) to save money and get good work done.

Accord V6 105k ki timing belt change cheyyali. You can push it few thousand miles but at the end of the day, you will have to do it at some point, so why not do it early to prevent engine damage in case the timing belt fails while driving.

You will need to change timing belt, water pump, idler and tensioner pulleys, serpentine belt. Unless there is an existing leak, you don't need to change camshaft, crankshaft seals. You can find OEM Honda parts on eBay for around $140. Coolant will also be changed during this. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Honda-OEM-Timing-Belt-Water-Pump-Kit-For-Honda-Acura-V6-Odyssey-USA/352657146232

Also replace spark plugs at the same time with OEM Honda 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6pc-New-Genuine-OEM-NGK-Honda-Iridium-Spark-Plugs-12290-R70-A01-ILZKR7B11/202326919475

Labor should be around $700 (6-8 hours) for this. 

Always buy parts from rockauto/eBay and take them to a reputed local mechanic to get best of both worlds. 

P.S: eBay links I posted above are for my 2013 Accord V6, should be similar for earlier model but please double check.

P.S: Never go to discount auto repair chains like Midas, Jiffy Lube, Meineke etc, they don't have proper mechanics, nor they have the desire to do good work on your car.

1 hour ago, nashpen94 said:

Since your car is old, you should go to a reputed mechanic (check google/yelp for reviews in local area, ASE certified would be icing on the cake) to save money and get good work done.

Accord V6 105k ki timing belt change cheyyali. You can push it few thousand miles but at the end of the day, you will have to do it at some point, so why not do it early to prevent engine damage in case the timing belt fails while driving.

You will need to change timing belt, water pump, idler and tensioner pulleys, serpentine belt. Unless there is an existing leak, you don't need to change camshaft, crankshaft seals. You can find OEM Honda parts on eBay for around $140. Coolant will also be changed during this. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Honda-OEM-Timing-Belt-Water-Pump-Kit-For-Honda-Acura-V6-Odyssey-USA/352657146232

Also replace spark plugs at the same time with OEM Honda 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6pc-New-Genuine-OEM-NGK-Honda-Iridium-Spark-Plugs-12290-R70-A01-ILZKR7B11/202326919475

Labor should be around $700 (6-8 hours) for this. 

Always buy parts from rockauto/eBay and take them to a reputed local mechanic to get best of both worlds. 

P.S: eBay links I posted above are for my 2013 Accord V6, should be similar for earlier model but please double check.

P.S: Never go to discount auto repair chains like Midas, Jiffy Lube, Meineke etc, they don't have proper mechanics, nor they have the desire to do good work on your car.

but how would we know what all parts are needed to buy them online? in some simple cases we do but pedha repairski kastam kada uncle

I understand your concern. Easiest way is to join online forums for your particular car and do some research/reading. If you still cannot figure out, you can start a new thread and ask what parts you need to buy for the work you want to get done and you will get help. 

For Honda's/Toyota's, parts are easily available and most of the mechanics are well versed to do any kind of work. German cars on the other hand are whole another story, will be difficult to source some parts.

Another way is to go to a reputed mechanic and ask him. You can tell I've always taken my car to dealership but would like to save some money and also heard good things about you, so wondering if you could do the work if I get the OEM parts and then ask him what parts should you get if he agrees.

andhuke never buy a car at all...its just headache...n not worth the trouble...

just lease the car...thatz it..

Lease it always with Lease Guard, go for 24k miles per year, with brands like Honda, Toyota, BMW..even if u took a lease for 5 years, the companies will start sending you mails for getting a new car leased again by the end of 2 years...

for ex - if u buy -> honda accord -> @ 400 per month for 6 years = u end up paying 400*12*6 = 28800 + yearly maintenance on an average until 10 years = 500$(in the initial years, u spend very less..n towards the end u spend more) = 28800+5000$ = 33800$ for a piece of junk honda accord in 10 years..

imagine if u leased the same car = u get it for 300 per month including lease guard, n lets say for 10 years = 12*300*10 = 36000$

but u get to change your car, every 2 years..so u used 5 cars instead of one crappy car for 10 years...

although, it is a few thousands more at the end of 10 years...its worth it coz...u wont loose sleep over its maintenance...

by leasing...u can always roll in a new car with no issues of maintenance...

in those 2 years, u hardly see a mechanic except for oil change...

so...choice is yours....