Can childhood injury near Glabella region lead to psychiatric problems?

Beardman

I had a injury at 9 years at glabella region(7 stitches), hit with sharp edge granite. I had conversation with psychiatrist about this and she said this must be the reason for abnormal pitutary function , as most of our functions are due to pitutary gland. Anxiety, depression, schizo. etc. Finally i found the connecting dot to explain whats happening . Db experts and doctors shed your lightGlabella.jpg

Possibly true, but remember that brain is highly plastic and should make up for any loss due to injury 

Why would an injury to glabella area can impact pituitary when it’s shielded By strongest  bones on the forehead

every kid goes through many injuries on the head, I think skull can handle such physical trauma to large extent 

i would give another theory, if you think you had a problem due to injury, your body would exactly believe the same not because of injury but the belief 

take it easy and start focusing on fixing your belief system 

1 minute ago, soodhilodaaram said:

Possibly true, but remember that brain is highly plastic and should make up for any loss due to injury 

Why would an injury to glabella area can impact pituitary when it’s shielded By sting bones on the forehead

i would give another theory, if you think you had a problem due to injury, your body would exactly believe the same not because of injury but the belief 

take it easy and start focusing on fixing your belief system 

That's true, but i want to make sure the exact problem . It makes no difference because at the end i would be taking the same medicines. Yes , you are right. ITS ALL ABOUT BELIEF SYSTEM

There may be n number of factors contributing when it comes to psychiatric diagnosis. 

But one thing i believe is it all starts from childhood. Confident about it.

• 7 months later...

it is really hard to narrow it down to a single point though.  GAD and schizophrenia are different conditions. GAD is caused by a lot of external factors; plus with common psychiatric disorders you should concentrate on the cure, rather than trying to diagnose the root cause- leave this kind of root cause analysis to the doctors. This is a very typical sign of anxiety- overthinking  and over analysis; the key to over come anxiety is to observe and keep a check to overthinking. Schizo etc, are complicated so it is better to just listen to your doctor.   Hope you do ok.