kevinUsa

I am from Northern part of India,so Hindi is first language. I have stayed in many cities of India, tried to learn or atleast understand many languages and it's never been a problem.
Here,in Chennai I met a girl and she introduced me to her friends. They use to speak tamil all the time.I use to be with them as I don't have other friends there and have lot of free time apart from project.
When I asked (politely with no intention of saying you should know) the girl do you know HINDI or do you try to learn a bit of HINDI, she gets irritated and say why do I need to know hindi.I am not telling if you don't know Hindi it's bad but suppose , someone from Chennai (not knowing a bit of hindi) transferred to Chandigarh where people outside office will not understand English .
SO just want to ask you all don't you think we must need to have one common language that everyone across the country can understand and that can only be hindi .Do you all agree to bring Hindi as a compulsory language in school. please don't give comment like you can talk in English, that's fine but what about making hindi as compulsory so that it can be the second language for everyone if not the first. And so many people allocated to new places will not feel alone , isolated.

note:-the girl and her group are awesome and very friendly,if any from group reading this don't think I am judging you that you don't know Hindi."