LDL/HDL/Cholesterol--chepandi vayyas

shaw183

19 minutes ago, no01 said:

bro medications start chesthe life long theesukovali antaru...specially hereditary cholesterol issue unnavallu must continue cheyyali.

hyd lo naa close friend valla neighbor anukunta, he had same prob....few months tablets vesukunnadu (35yrs age and 1 baby)....valla cousin evaro chepparu anta...baane control aindhi kada inka stop chey ani...ee age vallaki medications enti picha lite annadu anta....this guy stopped and couple months lo papam heart ache and no more. 

sorry to scare you but truth is hard sometimes....so be careful.

statins are pathetic and the doctors prescribing those to young people should be in jail

58 minutes ago, shaw183 said:

cholesterol 161 (130-220 mg/dL)

HDL 30.6 (25-75mg/dL)

LDL 75 80-200 mg/dL

Triglycerides-HIGH 276 10-200 mg/dL

cho/hdl ratio-HIGH 5.2 1.5-5.0

LDL/HDL Ratio 2.4 0.0-3.6

Note: junk food tinanu,bayata food asalke thinanu...brown rice-dal-chkn intlone ondukunta edaina..weekend oka roje  2(15ml) pegs esta...smoke asalke alavatu ledu.

madyanam 30mins walk ki pota...aina endi e numbers?

r u married ? same caste marriage aitha anni rogalu vasthayi anta....mana db lo oka medhavi chepadu.....

38 minutes ago, budgetpadbhanabam said:

i am n taking medicine to control my triglycerides since the levels are way way above than 800. it came under little control now but doc suggested to continue taking them since its hereditary and not always possible to control diet. I am planning to continue medication for few months and once it came down to normal i am planning to follow strict diet restrictions and workout regime.

hereditary ane concept ee wrong in most cases, epigenetics play crucial role, how you live, what you eat and are vital factors than whom are you born to

triglycerides are easily controlled by getting good fat, avoid vegetable oil, canola, soy and switch to olive (light heat), avocado (high heat), coconut oils, Triglycerides go down in 3 months much faster than statin you are using (rosuvastatin ex)

45 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

2 PEGS ANTE 2 * 30ML NOT 2 * 15 ML

15 ML ante moota tho tagutunnava endi

a 30ML ni sagam chesa bro...3 yrs kritam baga tagedi...epudu friday evening ala..

1 hour ago, shaw183 said:

cholesterol 161 (130-220 mg/dL)

HDL 30.6 (25-75mg/dL)

LDL 75 80-200 mg/dL

Triglycerides-HIGH 276 10-200 mg/dL

cho/hdl ratio-HIGH 5.2 1.5-5.0

LDL/HDL Ratio 2.4 0.0-3.6

Note: junk food tinanu,bayata food asalke thinanu...brown rice-dal-chkn intlone ondukunta edaina..weekend oka roje  2(15ml) pegs esta...smoke asalke alavatu ledu.

madyanam 30mins walk ki pota...aina endi e numbers?

lipid profile bagane undi

reduce intake of saturated and trans unsaturated fat to 7-10% of total calorie

reduce intake of cholesterol <250 mg/day

prefer lean meat compared to fatty foodsreduce soft drinks intake

prefer more vegetables , fish in diet

check your bmi and do exercise

1 minute ago, jetwings said:

pls explain more here..

How does your ins knows about this.. 

I applied for  a life insurance..they took my medicals in the process..as of today they approved the application but my increased my monthly pay for 20$.

adigite e reports pampi cholesterol numbers ekva undi ..anduke increase chesam ani antunlu.

35 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

hereditary ane concept ee wrong in most cases, epigenetics play crucial role, how you live, what you eat and are vital factors than whom are you born to

triglycerides are easily controlled by getting good fat, avoid vegetable oil, canola, soy and switch to olive (light heat), avocado (high heat), coconut oils, Triglycerides go down in 3 months much faster than statin you are using (rosuvastatin ex)

wrong suggestions ivvodu bhaya he requires medications along with diet restriction and exercise athani cholesterol levels kuda high aiundavachu so statins ichi untaru

Edited by gothamprince

15 minutes ago, gothamprince said:

wrong suggestions ivvodu bhaya he requires medications along with diet restriction and exercise

nope, my suggestions were meant to empower him to make necessary changes and not rely on hereditary nonsense. our health depends on us on what we do more than our parents

which part did you find wrong, i would take it postiviely

6 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

nope, my suggestions were meant to empower him to make necessary changes and not rely on hereditary nonsense. our health depends on us on what we do more than our parents

which part did you find wrong, i would take it postiviely

about medication part it is essential as his triglyceride is more than 500mg/dl which comes under very high category so requires medication and you are right about genetics part which has limited role but not negligible

sorry i was too blunt

• Upvote 1