Question on Extn with i140 approved with prev employer.

Amrita

Hi Friends,

Have couple of questions and really appreciate your advice/help !

Question 1: I think my understanding of H1b extn with I140 approved with prev employer is different when i discussed with a friend. Just want to clarify if my understanding is right.

Case:

My  I140 approved with my employer A . Now got a new FT and they would start GC process after an year as its company policy. Meanwhile, I got H1 transfer approved for suppose 1 yr key vachindi anukundam worst case scenario. 

My understanding is with my i140 approved with prev employer i can get any number of extensions even if my future employer doesnt start GC immediately with in that year. Priority date current ayyedappadiki start cheste future employer i m good.

MY friend was saying GC with new employer initiate ayyi undali before they file extension post h1b transfer after an year ( if approved only for an year) . In this case they cant file extn as GC is not initiated - I feel this is wrong.

Can someone clarify if my understanding is right ? 

Question 2:   Transfer processing lo  unte India ki velli approve ayyaka I797 A original lekunda ravacha? I have visa stamped with current employer and is valid. Went and came into country 3 times too not first time to check i797 A. My experience is stamp ayina first time aey i797 a adugutunnaru actually was told at POE by an officer too. Is it risky to fly to India without transfer i797 A ? 

Thanks in advance. 

• Haha 1

As per my understanding you can get any number of extensions .... but you have have the new GC filed by the time your PD is current. Calling @Spartan for clarification and conformation.

Dont join the new employer with the I797 approval ... I meant dont join on receipt ... Ask for premium

AIna meeku cheppe antati ollama .... Test chestunavu kada... 

11 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Hi Friends,

Have couple of questions and really appreciate your advice/help !

Question 1: I think my understanding of H1b extn with I140 approved with prev employer is different when i discussed with a friend. Just want to clarify if my understanding is right.

Case:

My  I140 approved with my employer A . Now got a new FT and they would start GC process after an year as its company policy. Meanwhile, I got H1 transfer approved for suppose 1 yr key vachindi anukundam worst case scenario. 

My understanding is with my i140 approved with prev employer i can get any number of extensions even if my future employer doesnt start GC immediately with in that year. Priority date current ayyedappadiki start cheste future employer i m good.

MY friend was saying GC with new employer initiate ayyi undali before they file extension post h1b transfer after an year ( if approved only for an year) . In this case they cant file extn as GC is not initiated - I feel this is wrong.

Can someone clarify if my understanding is right ? 

Question 2:   Transfer processing lo  unte India ki velli approve ayyaka I797 A original lekunda ravacha? I have visa stamped with current employer and is valid. Went and came into country 3 times too not first time to check i797 A. My experience is stamp ayina first time aey i797 a adugutunnaru actually was told at POE by an officer too. Is it risky to fly to India without transfer i797 A ? 

Thanks in advance. 

Andarike queries ni answer chese meere questions adigite ela? 

Answer for Q1: GC intiation not required to get extensions as per my Knowledge.  You will get proper answer from Attorney firm of your new employer 

Answer for Q2: you should have I797A of your current employer . its to be safer side in current scenario

4 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

As per my understanding you can get any number of extensions .... but you have have the new GC filed by the time your PD is current. Calling @Spartan for clarification and conformation.

AIna meeku cheppe antati ollama .... Test chestunavu kada... 

Na understanding kuda same but extn with new employer time ki new employer GC file chesi undali ani ante i got confused. Eppudu vinaledu e clause. Kharma kali naku 1 yr approval vaste enti ani to be clear asked sir. Thank you !

Bold: ??(*

2 minutes ago, Unityunity2 said:

Andarike queries ni answer chese meere questions adigite ela? 

Answer for Q1: GC intiation not required to get extensions as per my Knowledge.  You will get proper answer from Attorney firm of your new employer 

Answer for Q2: you should have I797A of your current employer . its to be safer side in current scenario

I797 A of transfer you mean ?  I have the one with current employer.

Mind clear ayipotundi sir adigeste its been around in my thoughts for 10 days now. Anni andariki televu kada. Better be safe than sorry!

Thank you @Unityunity2

You can get infinite extensions with an approved 140 from previous employer as long as its 180+ days old

You have to start ur gc process from scratch if ur date gets current from ur new employer but you can carry your PD from your previous approved 140

• Thanks 1

Just now, Amrita said:

Na understanding kuda same but extn with new employer time ki new employer GC file chesi undali ani ante i got confused. Eppudu vinaledu e clause. Kharma kali naku 1 yr approval vaste enti ani to be clear asked sir.

Bold: ??(*

Your understanding was right... You can have any number of extensions .... No need of new GC to file extension ... If you get only 1 year ... then you will apply for extension again... the new GC will take its own time .... You can still do your I140 in premium kada...

1-2 months back FT try cheyyu ante build up Ichavu.. why sudden change ? Asking with curiosity as you talked as if taking FT woukd he a big mistake .. 

you can get any number of extensions with previous I 140 approved until it’s fraud & revoked..

you can get 3 yrs extension also 

1 minute ago, Anta Assamey said:

Your understanding was right... You can have any number of extensions .... No need of new GC to file extension ... If you get only 1 year ... then you will apply for extension again... the new GC will take its own time .... You can still do your I140 in premium kada...

Yeah ! They are rigid on GC policy so just wanted to make sure. Gitla ayite asalu  doesnt matter to me. Adi vachedi ledu chachedi ledu. If i get extensions i am good :)

50 minutes ago, user789 said:

1-2 months back FT try cheyyu ante build up Ichavu.. why sudden change ? Asking with curiosity as you talked as if taking FT woukd he a big mistake .. 

you can get any number of extensions with previous I 140 approved until it’s fraud & revoked..

The day you asked i had second round of interview.  Btw i never said FT is a big mistake nor build up ivvaledu i said i didn't take it in past because i thought its not a right choice at that point in time for me.

Even now i don't think i am making a good decision leaving contracting or my current client where i have project which is very stable , long term ( Atleast next 4 yrs) and my pay . Just career growth and promotions key i took this offer. I want to be a manager and i tried with certifications etc but FT toney the place i want to be possible. Its a compromise. 

Thank you for the answer !

3 minutes ago, Amrita said:

The day you asked i had second round of interview.  Btw i never said FT is a big mistake nor build up ivvaledu i said i didn't take it in past because i thought its not a right choice at that point in time for me.

Even now i don't think i am making a good decision leaving contracting or my current client where i have project which is very stable and long term ( Atleast next 4 yrs) . Just career growth and promotions key i took that offer. 

Congrats, yes you can infinite( finite in real life) extensions. 

*Conditions Apply. Rules are subject to change and no one can guarantee with thaatha being the head.