Question on Extn with i140 approved with prev employer.

Amrita

10 minutes ago, Idassamed said:

Congrats, yes you can infinite( finite in real life) extensions. 

*Conditions Apply. Rules are subject to change and no one can guarantee with thaatha being the head.

Thank you for wishes and answer :)

27 minutes ago, Amrita said:

The day you asked i had second round of interview.  Btw i never said FT is a big mistake nor build up ivvaledu i said i didn't take it in past because i thought its not a right choice at that point in time for me.

Even now i don't think i am making a good decision leaving contracting or my current client where i have project which is very stable , long term ( Atleast next 4 yrs) and my pay . Just career growth and promotions key i took this offer. I want to be a manager and i tried with certifications etc but FT toney the place i want to be possible. Its a compromise. 

Thank you for the answer !

There are multiple not one reason I suggested to think of taking FT if you are interested. 

1 Career Growth

2. Job Security - which is the most critical esp with so many changes. No one can guarantee but that's the best option for next few yrs until things slow down.

3. Don't need to move often/very often.

4. V1sa stamping is lot safer.

5. Most places you get respect being FT and ppl won't look down upon you - esp with tons of desi's around.

Even if its 10-15% less pay with FT - you need to think for next 10 yrs and not just 2-3 yrs... Some are getting better pay in FT than consulting.

Second question ki related ga asking..

ipudu kotha employer tho petition pending unnapudu.. patha employer I-797 approval tho Visa stamping ki velachu uh? Ala stamping ki velthey emiti risks? 

16 minutes ago, user789 said:

There are multiple not one reason I suggested to think of taking FT if you are interested. 

1 Career Growth

2. Job Security - which is the most critical esp with so many changes. No one can guarantee but that's the best option for next few yrs until things slow down.

5. Most places you get respect being FT and ppl won't look down upon you - esp with tons of desi's around.

Even if its 10-15% less pay with FT - you need to think for next 10 yrs and not just 2-3 yrs... Some are getting better pay in FT than consulting.

Andaru okelaga alochincharu andi. What is best for you might not be for me. 2-5 is not an issue for me even in my current job.  Prev client locations lo offer cheste FT tesukoledu nenu even at my current client i told i m not interested. I get a lot more than that and not a place where i want to settle down.

Just above points are not enough for accepting FT. Having working at a client we will know if that place aligns with our career goals, If that place has more opportunities and is a place where my husband can get job, If thats the place i want to settle down in my life, if thats a place where i can get a job again in case i have to switch, if thats a happening place .  Enno factors andi.

What if its a small town with 200k salary and my husband cant find job? Will i take it ? No i wont. I cant keep switching FT like C2C. Ade C2C ayite resignation kotti i will go to my husband's place. 

I have many many reasons why i didn't accept before and why i accepted now. 

6 minutes ago, Aleluaya said:

Second question ki related ga asking..

ipudu kotha employer tho petition pending unnapudu.. patha employer I-797 approval tho Visa stamping ki velachu uh? Ala stamping ki velthey emiti risks? 

Approve ayyelopala vellachu approve ayite matuku you cannot and should get new I797A and go for stamping. 

28 minutes ago, user789 said:

1 Career Growth

Areareare ....ee vishayalu teliyaka andaru FT lu maaneskoni consulting chestunnare...

Related image

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Andaru okelaga alochincharu andi. What is best for you might not be for me. 2-5 is not an issue for me even in my current job.  Prev client locations lo offer cheste FT tesukoledu nenu even at my current client i told i m not interested. I get a lot more than that and not a place where i want to settle down.

Just above points are not enough for accepting FT. Having working at a client we will know if that place aligns with our career goals, If that place has more opportunities and is a place where my husband can get job, If thats the place i want to settle down in my life, if thats a place where i can get a job again in case i have to switch, if thats a happening place .  Enno factors andi.

What if its a small town with 200k salary and my husband cant find job? Will i take it ? No i wont. I cant keep switching FT like C2C. Ade C2C ayite resignation kotti i will go to my husband's place. 

Okay...got it...mothaniki Ne fav place vadilise velthunava or akkade dorkindha

10 minutes ago, panipoori said:

Areareare ....ee vishayalu teliyaka andaru FT lu maaneskoni consulting chestunnare...

Related image

telisi kuda chala mandi chesthunaru....they are not putting proper effort ...coz they are comfortable what they currently doing.

1 hour ago, Amrita said:

I797 A of transfer you mean ?  I have the one with current employer.

Mind clear ayipotundi sir adigeste its been around in my thoughts for 10 days now. Anni andariki televu kada. Better be safe than sorry!

Thank you @Unityunity2

mee emp 0riginal I797A ichada? maa vadu scan copy ichadu. new emp GC start cheyataniki scan copy saripotunda leda F0IA file chayala?

1 hour ago, Amrita said:

Na understanding kuda same but extn with new employer time ki new employer GC file chesi undali ani ante i got confused. Eppudu vinaledu e clause. Kharma kali naku 1 yr approval vaste enti ani to be clear asked sir. Thank you !

Bold: ??(*

H-1B Extensions Beyond the Sixth Year

The regulation codifies USCIS's longstanding policies on H-1B extensions beyond the sixth year, with some additional requirements. 

• Post-sixth year extensions will be available to foreign nationals who are not currently in H-1B status, as long as they previously held that status and remain eligible for an additional period of H-1B admission, consistent with current policy. 
  • An H-1B nonimmigrant will become ineligible for a one-year post-sixth year extension if he or she fails to apply for adjustment of status or an immigrant visa within one year of the date an immigrant visa becomes available to him or her. 
  • A one-year post-sixth year H-1B extension will cease to be available if, at the time the extension is filed, the foreign national's labor certification is no longer valid, his or her I-140 has been denied or revoked or an adjustment application or an immigrant visa has been approved or denied.
  • An H-1B whose approved I-140 petition is withdrawn 180 days or more after approval will remain eligible for a three-year extension unless the I-140 was withdrawn for fraud, material misrepresentation, material USCIS error, or revocation or invalidation of the underlying labor certification. 

this is from 140 portability rule..all its needed is to use your alien number, as long as your alien number has valid 140 approved even if withdrawn qualifies for 3 yr extension, exclusions are "withdrawn for fraud, material misrepresentation, material USCIS error, or revocation or invalidation"..only issue is you cannot file 485 with the new employer until 140 is approved with new employer

alien number is your case file and it starts with A, US lo nee immigration related chitraguptudi chitta

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Amrita said:

wow. is this really a woman thinking so much about husbands future .. my take isr dont restrict yourselves for something thats hasnt happened.. your husband may travel for a while or you gain experience and opportunities to move later

husband and wifes careers are 2 independent aspects and should be treated as such until kids come onboard

45 minutes ago, Amrita said:

congrats @Amrita   pelli ayinatundi 

• Haha 1