Question on Extn with i140 approved with prev employer.

Amrita

4 hours ago, Amrita said:

The day you asked i had second round of interview.  Btw i never said FT is a big mistake nor build up ivvaledu i said i didn't take it in past because i thought its not a right choice at that point in time for me.

Even now i don't think i am making a good decision leaving contracting or my current client where i have project which is very stable , long term ( Atleast next 4 yrs) and my pay . Just career growth and promotions key i took this offer. I want to be a manager and i tried with certifications etc but FT toney the place i want to be possible. Its a compromise. 

Thank you for the answer !

Congrats 

17 minutes ago, chittimallu_14 said:

naku kooda help avthundi ee post.. thanks

adding another Q... 140 approve ayyi 6 months ayyaka what if I take a break from H1B and move to H4... malli H1B eppudaina apply cheyocha without going through the lottery process and new H1? Im trying to understand how long can I take a break from H1B with a valid I140

You won't be counted against quota again. You can move to h4 and then do h1 transfer whenever you want to comeback to h1

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Amrita said:

Andaru okelaga alochincharu andi. What is best for you might not be for me. 2-5 is not an issue for me even in my current job.  Prev client locations lo offer cheste FT tesukoledu nenu even at my current client i told i m not interested. I get a lot more than that and not a place where i want to settle down.

Just above points are not enough for accepting FT. Having working at a client we will know if that place aligns with our career goals, If that place has more opportunities and is a place where my husband can get job, If thats the place i want to settle down in my life, if thats a place where i can get a job again in case i have to switch, if thats a happening place .  Enno factors andi.

What if its a small town with 200k salary and my husband cant find job? Will i take it ? No i wont. I cant keep switching FT like C2C. Ade C2C ayite resignation kotti i will go to my husband's place. 

I have many many reasons why i didn't accept before and why i accepted now. 

Akko.. pelli eppudu ayyindhi neeku ???

Seppaney ledhu...DB lo sound thakkuva ayinappude doubt vachindhi :) !! 

7 hours ago, Chinna84 said:

Thammi kaani pelliki drums akkada..read it again too many if's..bad programming at least we should use switch..

15 hours ago, Amrita said:

The day you asked i had second round of interview.  Btw i never said FT is a big mistake nor build up ivvaledu i said i didn't take it in past because i thought its not a right choice at that point in time for me.

Even now i don't think i am making a good decision leaving contracting or my current client where i have project which is very stable , long term ( Atleast next 4 yrs) and my pay . Just career growth and promotions key i took this offer. I want to be a manager and i tried with certifications etc but FT toney the place i want to be possible. Its a compromise. 

Thank you for the answer !

Akkay! Congrats!! HIRE ME after you become manager!!!

2 hours ago, chicagoafdb said:

Thammi kaani pelliki drums akkada..read it again too many if's..bad programming at least we should use switch..

Correct !  Pelli ledu em ledu " its if's and but's" . Its all mundu chupu of situations anthe @3$%

10 hours ago, Chinna84 said:

Na pelli ki niku invitation ivvakunda chesukonu ley %$#$

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Amrita said:

I797 A - our copy enduku ivvadu ? I have it with me.

DO you mean I140 ? I have copy of i140 too. Approve ayina ventane they sent me scanned copy.

Yes. I meant I140 copy. Is that enough to retain priority date with GC initiation from future emp?

14 hours ago, chittimallu_14 said:

adding another Q... 140 approve ayyi 6 months ayyaka what if I take a break from H1B and move to H4... malli H1B eppudaina apply cheyocha without going through the lottery process and new H1? Im trying to understand how long can I take a break from H1B with a valid I140

i think you can..  maa dostu gadu chesindu.. H4 to h1. bench meeda chala days vundu ani employer dobbutunte again he changed to h4

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, chittimallu_14 said:

Yes you can go to H4 and come back to H1B anytime you like and you dont have to go through the process of Lottery and etc....

Regarding the GC If you are going to new company that company has to sponsor you GC again .... which is true even if you shift companies on H1B .... so no additional hassle ... 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, user789 said:

another cold place aa ☺️

been there once- probably one of the good places to settle down who likes to live in cold places.

Yes. If you don't mind too much snow then it's awesome place.