I Accidentally Uncovered a Nationwide Scam on Airbnb

ARYA

1 hour ago, vikuba said:

India lo aitey... they list property on AirBnB... then upon enquiry the owner would giv his number is messaging 

then owner and me talk and make a deal wthout airbnb involved. in this way owner does not hav to pay commission and I get a lesser price 

owners are using AirBnb to just advertise for free

Inka 5am ayyindi 

6 hours ago, vikuba said:

India lo aitey... they list property on AirBnB... then upon enquiry the owner would giv his number is messaging 

then owner and me talk and make a deal wthout airbnb involved. in this way owner does not hav to pay commission and I get a lesser price 

owners are using AirBnb to just advertise for free

You will get scammed this way in the states. This kind of scam been going on for the last 8 years.

(a) you book it on airbnb

(b) make a deal without airbnb involved after sharing numbers

(c) finally you are given a bunk bed in a shared room with many others in the same room.

(d) you can't sleep properly, nor can you complain to airbnb.

1 hour ago, kidney said:

Sulekha ads di Solve aiyyinda??

rental/ shared rooms ki cheques pampisthude, and money transfer adigevadu.. Once Money is transferred to them... cheque bounce aiyyevi

Some telugu guy was busted by the feds for running a similar scam on the east coast.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I see AirBnb is the leading service provider with all the necessary services at your hand. I and all of them mainly choose AirBnb over many, having said that, AirBnb doen't provide service to workspaces too, you need a market leader who can take care of this problem. That's why I found  coworking space Pune, Bangalore and Hyderabad some of best shared office providers.