Plenty of indians are gay

nallajamoon

11 minutes ago, Pillipilla said:

I don't think it's only about money. It's more about societal norms of ideal marriage and comparisons resulting in insecurity. This is imbibed in Indian culture resulting in their mental suffering. You don't see that that often in other cultures. 

The question is that if dating worked so well, why are couples in the US still getting divorced? The number one reason for marriages breaking up is financial security. Those men who are A1 on the dating game are not able to financially provide for the family. Indian arranged marriage system gives them exactly that and that is why divorces rates are much lesser. Let us not try to push everything on social stigma. Divorce laws have been in India since 1955. May be it is high time that we accept that Indian way of life results in stable marriages more often than foreign versions of it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kevinUsa said:

so your entire hypothesis is incorrect 

so your sample size is crap 

I am just saying that from my experience, it is a good idea to live with someone before you get married. It's easier to break up than get a divorce. 

Just now, Pillipilla said:

I am just saying that from my experience, it is a good idea to live with someone before you get married. It's easier to break up than get a divorce. 

for  poor conservative indian like me It will not work 

20 minutes ago, Pillipilla said:

If people did what they wanted to do, as in not suffered because of what the society thinks, India lo kuda divorce rate same untaayi. A better statistics would be, how many couples are happy in their marriage, if you compare in India and US, the rate will be higher in the US. 

Aithe stats ikkada vuu..

2 minutes ago, BostonBullodu said:

andaru balisina batch undaru kada to make them independent you can't think from lower middle class people perspective(that's me) because majority of india is lower to middle class people. 

You don't need to be rich to make your daughter independent. It's about investing in your daughters education instead of marriage. If you are going to tell your kids what to do with their lives even in their 20s they are never going to be independent. 

2 minutes ago, Pillipilla said:

+116

Just now, Pillipilla said:

I am a poor conservative Indian, it worked for me. 

I already mentioned that your sample size will not work 

u need to have bigger sample size 

3 minutes ago, Pillipilla said:

in next 50 years this is be common in india also. matter of time