New OCI Rules

Tech_Babu

5 hours ago, Moon_Walker said:

Did anyone faced issues travelling to india especially after november 1st when ur childs oci card is not renewed with new passport number?

@Spartan

Apply e-visa worst case will be backup..that's what I am thinking

On 11/14/2019 at 2:51 PM, Bitcoin_Baba3 said:

Nenu OCI apply cheyyakunda just regular Indian Visa apply cheddam anukuntunna

Applied Indian Visa through CKGS through sending passport for minor kid in USA

Perfect documentation done. INDIA VISA ISSUED FOR MINOR KID

Once in India, For staying beyond 6 months wanted to apply for OCI but found out their T (tourist visa) needs to be converted to X Visa (entry visa)

The conversion process in my case for 6 months kid was completely online and once fee was paid after scrutiny of so many documents provided, 1frro registration, 2 visa conversion from t visa to x visa 3 extension of x visa upto 5 years were issued the next minute

Pain process anywhere was with the documentation but impressed with service in India , phone calls promptly answered in English, response was on average less than one day which was fantastic

Not applying for OCI like our friend said in an other post above

Hope this is useful for our friends here

1 hour ago, afacc123 said:

Once in India, For staying beyond 6 months wanted to apply for OCI but found out their T (tourist visa) needs to be converted to X Visa (entry visa)

The conversion process in my case for 6 months kid was completely online and once fee was paid after scrutiny of so many documents provided, 1frro registration, 2 visa conversion from t visa to x visa 3 extension of x visa upto 5 years were issued the next minute

Pain process anywhere was with the documentation but impressed with service in India , phone calls promptly answered in English, response was on average less than one day which was fantastic

entry visa kuda 6 months allowed kada, dani mida clear ga raasi vunde registration required if continuous stay exceeds 180 days

kid ki entry visa vunte FRRO registaration avasaram vundada to stay more than 180 days???

2 hours ago, nag_mama said:

entry visa kuda 6 months allowed kada, dani mida clear ga raasi vunde registration required if continuous stay exceeds 180 days

kid ki entry visa vunte FRRO registaration avasaram vundada to stay more than 180 days???

Registration ante ?

On 12/6/2019 at 5:02 AM, tacobell fan said:

You can but you need to submit necessary paperwork. I guess there’s a limit on how many times you can ask for extension. 

What kind of paper work & where do you submit ? 

On 12/6/2019 at 4:48 AM, tacobell fan said:

Yes. That’s painful process. Visa is not worth it. It cost you almost same money as OCI. So why bother? with OCI you have added advantage than visa like don’t worry about above 6 months and you can buy properties. 

On visa - you can’t buy properties?

3 hours ago, nag_mama said:

Yes entry visa toni avasaram vundadu to stay more than 180 days but my situation was different

Had T (tourist )visa so before 6 months had to do registration so as pointed earlier they provided registration online certificate from the region guntur rural frro office

3 hours ago, afacc123 said:

Yes entry visa toni avasaram vundadu to stay more than 180 days but my situation was different

Had T (tourist )visa so before 6 months had to do registration so as pointed earlier they provided registration online certificate from the region guntur rural frro office

Adem VISA ? T Visa ante Telangana visa na kaka 

9 hours ago, afacc123 said:

The conversion process in my case for 6 months kid was completely online and once fee was paid after scrutiny of so many documents provided, 1frro registration, 2 visa conversion from t visa to x visa 3 extension of x visa upto 5 years were issued the next minute

Bro, from  the point 3 “extension of x visa upto 5 years were issued the next minute”

is this OCI??

if not what are the conditions in this extended 5 yrs visa, any limit of stay?

2 hours ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

Adem VISA ? T Visa ante Telangana visa na kaka 

T Visa ante Tourist Visa, First US lo apply chesinappudu Minor ki T-1 Visa Type ani vundi US Passport Lo

2 hours ago, John_Snow said:

Bro, from  the point 3 “extension of x visa upto 5 years were issued the next minute”

is this OCI?? >> NO

if not what are the conditions in this extended 5 yrs visa, any limit of stay? They asked for a letter on the portal https://indianfrro.gov.in/eservices/usersignin, a Request Letter

To                                                                                                                                                           Date: 24/11/2019

The Immigration Officer

FRO/FRRO

Dear Sir/Madam,

Subject: Application for conversion of T-Visa into Entry Visa – regarding

Reference: APPLICANT NAME (Application Id: Available on Portal) (Passport No: US Passport Number).

I would like to inform you, that, my application is only for conversion of T-Visa into Entry Visa.

I do not require any extension of my existing period of visa.

Thanking you

Yours Faithfully

Applicant Name (Minor – Age  Yrs.  Months)

Also they asked for the following documents pretty much everything uploaded on the efrro portal online

1) Birth Certificate of the applicant

2) Parents Passports

3)Affidavit from Indian Relative in whose home applicant is staying ( This is notarized 100rs Stamp paper )

4) Relative ID Proof ( Provided Passport and Aadhar the second time when asked)

5) Electricity Bill

6) Request letter mentioning the period of extension required ( Above I have provided the format)

7) FORM C FOR STAY IN RENTED ACCOMMODATION AS THE FORM C IS MANDATORY FOR GETTING ANY VISA SERVICES FOR FOREIGNER

8 - UNDERTAKING LETTER

Undertaking Letter
To,
The officer,
FRO/FRRO
<<DATE>><< FORMAT TO THE RIGHT OF PAGE>>
Sub: Undertaking Letter - Reg
l, YOUR NAME s/o FATHERS NAME, Presently residing at <<USA ADDRESS>>, hereby undertake and authorize my
Father-ln- Law Mr. <<NAME>>, who is father of My wife Mrs. <<NAME>>, to
administer my boy child Mr. <<NAME>> aged <<AGE YY MM>> , who is staying with his
mother, in the residence of my father in law Mr. <<NAME>> and also to apply to
FRRO for Conversion of Tourist VISA (T-1 Visa) to Entry VISA on my behalf.
Thanking,

<<YOUR HAND SIGNATURE HERE>>
YOUR NAME

All of the above mentioned 8 points apart from uploading another set of previously process followed on the portal which was found out by calling the Bureau of Immigration ( BOI ) at Hyderabad Call on 040-29880375 extn 223 or 224, excellent service just by calling them and talking in English, be very very very specific as to your exact question and need, things would be dealt with easily, as to me my Father has helped me a lot as I was not there and he found out most of this information for me, for my kids T-1 Visa to Entra Visa conversion, which eventually helped with FRRO Registration, Visa Converted Documents and then Visa Extension for 5 Years, like I explained before.

The process was easy as most of it was online, just the back and forth communication and a couple of calls we need to be REALLY REALLY PATIENT and NOT GET PISSED OFF

30 minutes ago, afacc123 said:

T Visa ante Tourist Visa, First US lo apply chesinappudu Minor ki T-1 Visa Type ani vundi US Passport Lo

Yeah tourist visa .. 10 years istharu.. each visit 6 months 

3 minutes ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

Yeah tourist visa .. 10 years istharu.. each visit 6 months 

Yes, kaani US Passport validity 5 years vundi kabatti maa vaadiki 5 years vachhindi, and if planning to stay more than 180 days need to register at FRRO ( Foreigners Regional Registration Office)

When wanted OCI, subsequently found out OCI would not be given if you hold T-1 Visa but it should be converted to an Entry Visa (X-1) first and then apply for OCI, which I stopped mid way as Entry Visa was good enough in all aspects saving a lot of time for everyone considering the Entry visa available for stay in INDIA for 5 years

Edited by afacc123
added relevant information

Just now, afacc123 said:

Yes, kaani US Passport validity 5 years vundi kabatti maa vaadiki 5 years vachhindi

Atletla untadi kaka.. visa 10 years isthadu... passport validity tho sambandham undadu... lot of my friends’ kids got 10 years .. they wanted to appy oci.. but they are happy with the T visa decision