New OCI Rules

Tech_Babu

7 hours ago, afacc123 said:

Yes entry visa toni avasaram vundadu to stay more than 180 days but my situation was different

Had T (tourist )visa so before 6 months had to do registration so as pointed earlier they provided registration online certificate from the region guntur rural frro office

bro dini address ekkada?

entry visa vundi kid ki, inka em documents tickukuvellali registration ante more than 6 months stay cheyyalante

5 minutes ago, nag_mama said:

bro dini address ekkada?  >> nagarapalem po ani vundi online chuste, but that was all online, depends if you select Urban or Rural, in my case selected Rural, as ours is village near Chilakaluripet.

entry visa vundi kid ki, inka em documents tickukuvellali registration ante more than 6 months stay cheyyalante

Entry visa vundi kada aite just call chesi adugu number ichhanu paina post lo chudu hyd BOI office dial chesi working days extension kottu

mostly vundi kabatti entry visa inka em registration akkarledu anukuntunnanu but better clarify as my word should not be the final word, as I explain only things that I have done and came to know.

Edited by afacc123
added relevant information

21 hours ago, Moon_Walker said:

Did anyone faced issues travelling to india especially after november 1st when ur childs oci card is not renewed with new passport number?

@Spartan

i dont have OCI.

On 12/7/2019 at 8:14 PM, ForEverJava said:

Apply e-visa worst case will be backup..that's what I am thinking

Here is a forum i am reading.Most of them were able to travel with OCI and old passport without renewal.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/other-countries/child-pasport-renewed-no-time-to-renew-oci-urgent-travel-t269276-40.html

Also is mentioned that applying e-visa will invalidate your OCI card. Be careful with that.

@ForEverJava

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the latest update.

At SFO airport they stopped the families citing new rule of OCI. But the airlines manager talked to Indian embassy and they accepted us to board if we show the old and  new passports together.

And this benefit is upto next year june.

• 2 months later...
On 12/7/2019 at 11:34 PM, afacc123 said:

Applied Indian Visa through CKGS through sending passport for minor kid in USA

Perfect documentation done. INDIA VISA ISSUED FOR MINOR KID

Once in India, For staying beyond 6 months wanted to apply for OCI but found out their T (tourist visa) needs to be converted to X Visa (entry visa)

The conversion process in my case for 6 months kid was completely online and once fee was paid after scrutiny of so many documents provided, 1frro registration, 2 visa conversion from t visa to x visa 3 extension of x visa upto 5 years were issued the next minute

Pain process anywhere was with the documentation but impressed with service in India , phone calls promptly answered in English, response was on average less than one day which was fantastic

Not applying for OCI like our friend said in an other post above

Hope this is useful for our friends here

This is totally true except the 5 years part.

eFRRO is amazing and everything online. I took eVISA for my son and he had to stay for more than 6 months.

Applied for visa extension and they converted his eVISA to X-VISA and granted 6 months. Total cost around Rs. 7000. Did not need to call even once. Yes, they is some documentation need to be provided but it  was smooth. 

If you have time, apply for OCI. best option.

52 minutes ago, InSearch said:

This is totally true except the 5 years part.

eFRRO is amazing and everything online. I took eVISA for my son and he had to stay for more than 6 months.

Applied for visa extension and they converted his eVISA to X-VISA and granted 6 months. Total cost around Rs. 7000. Did not need to call even once. Yes, they is some documentation need to be provided but it  was smooth. 

If you have time, apply for OCI. best option.

Gp. Bro kid(1 yr) presently in India on visa (valid to stay for 6 months) what’s the process to extend the stay?

thanks