#26357-"DC-Mangalore

kevinUsa

#26357-"DC-Mangalore
YOJ - 2013
YOL - 2017

It was the time when I was planning to put down my papers. Before applying for resignation through the system, I sent a mail to my manager informing my decision. She instantly replied stating lets's have a meeting at around 2 pm.

So we had a meeting where I told my concerns related to hike and the offer I got from another company. Considering the % of hike I was offered from another company she didn't try to convince me to stay back and wished me luck with my future endeavors.

I came back to my desk and applied for resignation through the system.

At around 5:30 pm I got a call from HR. The way the HR was trying to convince me it seemed that Infosys stocks would go down if I didn't take my papers back. After putting all her efforts when she realized that nothing worked, she played her trump card.
She said that the company was planning to file H1 visa for me that year. She also told that my manager was planning to surprise me by breaking this news in the next weekly review meeting. As per her I had to act surprised when the manager would break this news.
I was thinking that just few hours back I had a meeting with my manager and not a single time she described about visa thing to me. Then I told HR that I would think over it.

Now here comes the next day with a twist. I reached office at around 9 am and at 9:15 am I got a call from my manager to meet her in the conference room. I went.
She started, ""Oh, it completely slipped my mind that we are filing H1B visa for you this year. Last night only I realized that how could I miss it to tell you.""
Since I had received instructions from HR to act surprised, I tried to act surprised.
But inside I was laughing very hard. I couldn't believe what kind of mind games these people play to retain the employees.
Anyways, I said no to the visa offer and continued with my notice period. And no need to mention, that this visa trap was offered to everyone who I knew and had put down their papers."