"She Called Sister, Not 100": Telangana Minister Shocker On Vet's Murder

Anta Assamey

Telangana Home Minister Mohd Mahmood Ali told news agency ANI that the incident could have been averted if the woman had called the police instead of her sister.

Hyderabad: 

A day after the burnt body of a 26-year-old veterinarian was found near Hyderabad, a Telangana Minister today said that the incident could have been averted if she had called the police instead of her sister upon finding people around her behaving suspiciously.

"We are saddened by the incident, the police is alert and controlling crime. She was an educated woman, and yet she called her sister instead of 100. Had she called 100, she would have been saved. 100 is a friendship number, and we have to spread awareness on this among the people," Telangana Home Minister Mohd Mahmood Ali told news agency ANI on the sensitive issue.

Mr Ali went on to term Telangana's police force as the most efficient in the country, and gave his assurance that the culprits would be identified and brought to justice at the earliest. 

The 26-year-old veterinarian had gone missing on Wednesday night, while she was heading home from work. Investigations revealed that on her way back, she stopped at the Shamshabad toll booth, parked her bike there and took a cab to visit a dermatologist. Upon returning around 9 pm, she found her two-wheeler punctured.

The veterinarian had last called her sister around 9:15 pm on Wednesday. An audio recording of the call seemed to suggest that somebody had offered to get her flat tyre fixed, and that she was feeling feeling scared because some truck drivers near her were behaving in a suspicious manner.

Police believe that the woman may have been raped before being murdered and burnt. Four people have been taken into custody, and police are trying to piece together details of the incident to establish their possible involvement.

Telangana Director General of Police Mahendar Reddy called the murder "gruesome and atrocious", and promised to ensure that the culprits -- once caught -- are convicted expeditiously in a fast-track court. "Deeply pained and anguished. Telangana police will do everything possible to catch the offenders at the earliest and get them convicted through a fast-track court. Anyone, anytime, anywhere in distress, please dial 100," he said in a tweet.

Mr Reddy said that women should not hesitate to contact the police. "If you face any problem or suspect any danger commuting at odd hours, isolated places or if your vehicle breaks down!  #JustLetUsKnow we are here just a click away," another tweet from the top police officer read.

The centre plans to issue an advisory to all states in the wake of the incident, asking them to take precautionary steps against anti-women crimes.

16 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

Telangana Home Minister Mohd Mahmood Ali told news agency ANI that the incident could have been averted if the woman had called the police instead of her sister.

Hyderabad: 

A day after the burnt body of a 26-year-old veterinarian was found near Hyderabad, a Telangana Minister today said that the incident could have been averted if she had called the police instead of her sister upon finding people around her behaving suspiciously.

"We are saddened by the incident, the police is alert and controlling crime. She was an educated woman, and yet she called her sister instead of 100. Had she called 100, she would have been saved. 100 is a friendship number, and we have to spread awareness on this among the people," Telangana Home Minister Mohd Mahmood Ali told news agency ANI on the sensitive issue.

Mr Ali went on to term Telangana's police force as the most efficient in the country, and gave his assurance that the culprits would be identified and brought to justice at the earliest. 

The 26-year-old veterinarian had gone missing on Wednesday night, while she was heading home from work. Investigations revealed that on her way back, she stopped at the Shamshabad toll booth, parked her bike there and took a cab to visit a dermatologist. Upon returning around 9 pm, she found her two-wheeler punctured.

The veterinarian had last called her sister around 9:15 pm on Wednesday. An audio recording of the call seemed to suggest that somebody had offered to get her flat tyre fixed, and that she was feeling feeling scared because some truck drivers near her were behaving in a suspicious manner.

Police believe that the woman may have been raped before being murdered and burnt. Four people have been taken into custody, and police are trying to piece together details of the incident to establish their possible involvement.

Telangana Director General of Police Mahendar Reddy called the murder "gruesome and atrocious", and promised to ensure that the culprits -- once caught -- are convicted expeditiously in a fast-track court. "Deeply pained and anguished. Telangana police will do everything possible to catch the offenders at the earliest and get them convicted through a fast-track court. Anyone, anytime, anywhere in distress, please dial 100," he said in a tweet.

Mr Reddy said that women should not hesitate to contact the police. "If you face any problem or suspect any danger commuting at odd hours, isolated places or if your vehicle breaks down!  #JustLetUsKnow we are here just a click away," another tweet from the top police officer read.

The centre plans to issue an advisory to all states in the wake of the incident, asking them to take precautionary steps against anti-women crimes.

Aunu bruh chelli ki call chesi sollu cheppindi 100 ki call cheyalsindi cha papam out of negligence she lost her life. Her sister also had no sense 

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry for her.... At least she could have left the scooter and approached toll gate officials... 

Ah alochana vacchivundakapovacchu.....

Ind or us or anywhere ....if it happens to you choose well lit areas or busy places... Where people can watch you

All media are asking to save these numbers in emergency. He might have said in that context

ఈ యాప్‌తోపాటు డయల్‌ ‘100’, వాట్సాప్‌ (హైదరాబాద్‌: 9490616555, సైబరా బాద్‌: 9490617444) రాచకొండ: 9490617111) ద్వారానూ ఎలాంటి సహాయ సహకారాలు కావాలన్నా పొందవచ్చు. 

1 hour ago, Sachin200 said:

Sense Leni minister veedu , evaranna tension lo pfamily ki call chestaru ga bro. 

Manaku India 100 ki call cheyali ani default idea radu. Adi brain lo tattadu. Ikkada chudandi 911 ki anukokundaney call chestam. Endukante may be they teach in schools and believe in cops in general.

Nenu lorain lo work chesedanini adi parama chendalamaina place. Dark ayyaka dangerous untundi akkada nallollu mentally retarded edo undi pakkana. I was walking to parking lot on otherside ( businesses untayi behind.. podduna late vachi snow padutondi ani akkada petta car instead of company parking lot ) and i got late at work. Edo chendalamga matladutu they were marching towards me. I ran inside my office building from behind and called 911. They came and  car ekkaka  they also followed me for 12 miles  till i reached my apartment because i was super super scared.  Nenu panic mode lo unde appudu explain cheyadame raledu naku fear lo. 

I called 911 when i accidentally got locked  out outside apartment with stove on inside.  Oka sari -40 weather lo walmart lo water koni trunk lo pedutu keys lopala petti close chesesa appudu call chesa 911 ki.  I never got a second thought a cop would be cause of danger when i am in need of help. 

India lo cops ela untaru? E ammayi BF to poyindemo annaru ta cops...edo video lo chusa.

Anyways this news is getting me anxiety. I dont want to read about it or participate . 

• Upvote 1

vellu asalu manushula pasuvula bhayya, rape murder jarigindi ante, sister ki badulu 100 ki call cheyamni salaha isthadu

oponi 100 number awraeness eppudanna chesara ippudu unna govt.

9 minutes ago, aakathaai789 said:

Aa ammai unna situation lo aa thought kooda raakapoyi undachu. Aa kangaaru lo thanu vaalla sister ki call chesindemo. Jana sancharam leni place lo chaala jagrattha ga undaali. 

Exactly, you nailed it again

10 minutes ago, aakathaai789 said:

Aa ammai unna situation lo aa thought kooda raakapoyi undachu. Aa kangaaru lo thanu vaalla sister ki call chesindemo. Jana sancharam leni place lo chaala jagrattha ga undaali. 

Chesina em peekaru 

Lechipoyindhi annaru antey entha worst ga vunna ru some police

Damn it every one givves suggestion in the given situation no one can call police India lo cheyaru bcoz no nammakam

• Upvote 1