'It is with Deep Regret...': Kamala Harris Drops Out of 2020 US Presidential Race

Spartan

In a surprise announcement, Indian-origin Senator Kamala Harris dropped out of the 2020 US Democratic presidential race. The sudden announcement by Harris, 55, came during a call with her campaign staffers on Tuesday.

"To my supporters, it is with deep regret — but also with deep gratitude — that I am suspending my campaign today," Harris said in a tweet. "But I want to be clear with you: I will keep fighting everyday for what this campaign has been about. Justice for the people. All the people," Harris said.

To my supporters, it is with deep regret—but also with deep gratitude—that I am suspending my campaign today. But I want to be clear with you: I will keep fighting every day for what this campaign has been about. Justice for the People. All the people.https://t.co/92Hk7DHHbR

— Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris) December 3, 2019

Harris, who is of mixed Indian and African heritage, had been polling poorly in recent weeks.

A latest poll released on Monday saw her dropping down to a mere three per cent, reflecting that her campaign was struggling to make traction ahead of what is being viewed as one of the most polarised elections in American history.

Harris was among first major Democratic Party leaders to announce her presidential run in last January, which was attended by a massive crowd of over 20,000 supporters.

While she made an impressive performance during her first Democratic party debate against former vice president Joe Biden, she had not been faring well during the subsequent debates. In the last debate, she entered into a verbal dual with Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard, another Democratic presidential aspirant.

In a post on online publishing platform Medium, Harris explained the reasons for the sudden suspension of her campaign.

"I've taken stock and looked at this from every angle, and over the last few days (I) have come to one of the hardest decisions of my life. My campaign for president simply doesn't have the financial resources we need to continue," she wrote.

"I'm not a billionaire. I can't fund my own campaign. And as the campaign has gone on, it's become harder and harder to raise the money we need to compete. In good faith, I can't tell you -- my supporters and volunteers -- that I have a path forward if I don't believe I do," she said.

"So, to you my supporters, it is with deep regret but also with deep gratitude that I am suspending my campaign today. But I want to be clear with you: I am still very much in this fight," she wrote, referring to the causes she has been vocal about.

9 hours ago, Spartan said:

lol baga tondarga telskundi..

sonta gadda calif lo ne evvadu support cheyatle...edo lolli cheddam anukundi...

It's all about frogs in the well man...no frog allows other to move up 🤣🤣👍

all these people just put nominations....they know pressure from main candidates will come to withdraw..

if weak they withdraw but in general they settle with some amount and then withdraw...

even the main candidate instead of to split votes he will pay him/her and make them withdraw nomination

piccha lite cases ivanni

5 hours ago, kathanayaka said:

all these people just put nominations....they know pressure from main candidates will come to withdraw..

if weak they withdraw but in general they settle with some amount and then withdraw...

even the main candidate instead of to split votes he will pay him/her and make them withdraw nomination

piccha lite cases ivanni

Who is the main candidate and that main candidate has enough potential to beat thatha in elections? Adi chepu, no solu, point ki ra please.

6 minutes ago, Tellugodu said:

Who is the main candidate and that main candidate has enough potential to beat thatha in elections? Adi chepu, no solu, point ki ra please.

Right now, Democratic candidates lo taatha ni beat chesa chance (adi kuda minimum) vundi ante adi Biden taatha ki matrame... Since he is only Center left candidate. Rest of them are too left for regular people.  So biden ki swing votes padi geliche avakasam vundi, not others.   But, debate lo Trump would devour Biden.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tellugodu said:

nenu anedi main candidate itself is out current thata. No one can beat him ani

• Upvote 1