I'm founding a country. who wants to come?

pottipotato

2 minutes ago, Amrita said:

1st post lo killing a**** who want to be leaders annaru ga ?  Yeah I am skeptical about humans and can’t believe them to be awesome .  Anni flavors untaru ga ? 

yes. humans are not awesome. they are just humans.

about killing leaders, its just a suggestion. you think people will misuse it to go on a killing spree? do you think others will not respond to that kind of acts?

what percent of people do you think will go on this killing spree? more than in the current system that gives people guns? if yes, why, just because they wont be held accountable for killing others? 

ofcourse, i can't be sure that this will surely work and that people will cooperate from day 1. obviously they won't. especially if people like in this db (ambitious) are part of the country.

that's why most people who'll populate the country will come from urban underclass, not its high flying tech geniuses. we don't need them to beat google, intel etc.

15 minutes ago, Amrita said:

1st post lo killing a**** who want to be leaders annaru ga ?  Yeah I am skeptical about humans and can’t believe them to be awesome .  Anni flavors untaru ga ? 

I don't think people will start killing themselves, amrita. What I'm stating is not a new thing (obviously)... it has been tried many times in the history.

from paris commune in the 19th century that gave us the modern democracy that you enjoy now is born out of an experiment like this. 

then movements in Japan during its rise of axis powers that advocated for such societies.

spanish catalonia region that created such a society and had it for 3yrs in late 1930s.

mexican region (i forget its name) is still governed in a similar model I outlined above.

They all didn't kill themselves. But all of them were killed by outside powers. the mexican one survived because they made a pact with the mexican govt to leave them alone, but they will be killed pretty soon.

21 minutes ago, pottipotato said:

no. codified laws give the perpetrator chance to work around it.

the absence of law means he has to abide by social conventions or risk being avoided by others.

Does this work in real ? :3D_Smiles_153:

yeah I forgot the most popular contemporary example of north western syrian region called Rojava.

they didn't kill themselves too. Turkish army is doing that.

in fact, I heard tons of people describe how amazing that society they created in Rojava was. yes, it was created by people who were blood thirsty, having themselves suffered genocide for decades.

they still managed to create a society where women have equal representation in all important decisions. They didn't kill themselves just because there was no law. 

yes, they had no laws.  no police.

58 minutes ago, batman2 said:

lol there you go....the very fact that you think you know better than me or the perception you have of having lived ina wide spectrum of humans....

this thinking itself is enough for your  so called country to destroy itself (if it ever exist)

no answers to this??

Just now, Amrita said:

Does this work in real ? :3D_Smiles_153:

may not work for all societies. it definitely requires a change in thinking for it to work.

if one expects to pick menus off a smartphone and expect it to be delivered, this will not work for them. 

in fact such things are impossible to build under this system.

if one enjoys cooking as a passion, and wants people to taste it and give feedback so it can be made better, for them it may work.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pottipotato said:

yes. humans are not awesome. they are just humans.

about killing leaders, its just a suggestion. you think people will misuse it to go on a killing spree? do you think others will not respond to that kind of acts?

what percent of people do you think will go on this killing spree? more than in the current system that gives people guns? if yes, why, just because they wont be held accountable for killing others? 

ofcourse, i can't be sure that this will surely work and that people will cooperate from day 1. obviously they won't. especially if people like in this db (ambitious) are part of the country.

that's why most people who'll populate the country will come from urban underclass, not its high flying tech geniuses. we don't need them to beat google, intel etc.

I do think people will misuse it . I doubt how many will really respond . Forgot even 10 years back accident ayite call kuda cheyani samajam manadi Even if it is because they will be harassed by cops . Enni cases levu .. 2 days news and people are busy in their lives . Each and every incident ki society also won’t respond . I could be wrong but this is my thinking . 

Nityam chachevadiki edche vadu undadu anedi sametha ni . People don’t care after a while . @~`

7 minutes ago, pottipotato said:

I don't think people will start killing themselves, amrita. What I'm stating is not a new thing (obviously)... it has been tried many times in the history.

from paris commune in the 19th century that gave us the modern democracy that you enjoy now is born out of an experiment like this. 

then movements in Japan during its rise of axis powers that advocated for such societies.

spanish catalonia region that created such a society and had it for 3yrs in late 1930s.

mexican region (i forget its name) is still governed in a similar model I outlined above.

They all didn't kill themselves. But all of them were killed by outside powers. the mexican one survived because they made a pact with the mexican govt to leave them alone, but they will be killed pretty soon.

I don’t know about history may be it works but I am not positive . I don’t trust people to be responsible , empathetic and have compassion . Tappu cheste what’s wrong why need ethics type society edi . I care only me type people ney nenu chustunna . I might be ignorant . 

I do think people will misuse it . I doubt how many will really respond . Forgot even 10 years back accident ayite call kuda cheyani samajam manadi Even if it is because they will be harassed by cops . Enni cases levu .. 2 days news and people are busy in their lives . Each and every incident ki society also won’t respond . I could be wrong but this is my thinking . 

Nityam chachevadiki edche vadu undadu anedi sametha ni . People don’t care after a while . @~`

yes. you are not wrong. people dont care to engage wtth others on a daily basis, and may have gotten used to having things done for them.

but you are only wrong that everyone is like this, and the fact that people are products of their system. atleast most of them. 

if you design a different system, different people come out of it.

I don’t know about history may be it works but I am not positive . I don’t trust people to be responsible , empathetic and have compassion . Tappu cheste what’s wrong why need ethics type society edi . I care only me type people ney nenu chustunna . I might be ignorant . 

yeah. you are not wrong. people don't care about others, because its not useful for them to care about others. because they have 'things' to do, 'places' to get to.

people are not inherently evil. they just try their best to fit in the crowd. They don't want to be left behind because they felt compassion towards another person.

and feeling compassion towards another being in a capitalist society is a major weakness that will be used against them. so most people get with the program, even if they were empathetic as younger selves.

----------------

again in our country, we are not going to magically make people care about others. in our country also they wont care about others, mostly.

the only difference is, suppose some village in the far east corner of the country needed a regular ambulance service, and the system is trying to calculate how to allocate resources to it, no asshole will come and prevent it, without backlash from the people who benefit from it.

in our current system, people's backlash can be quelled by police firings (read up on how many people are killed just in India alone just for protesting against ther govt).

so you don't have to be specially kind person to fit in our country. you just have to not be an asshole. because if you are one, it'll make life very diffcult for yourself. nobody is going to bend over backwards, and you won't have money to make them bend over backwards.

9 minutes ago, Amrita said:

such societies came up all around the world. in korea, japan, mexico, haiti, spain, france etc, in the early 20th century.

they were all slaughtered in the background of second world war, and we were presented with 'democracy' by the winners.

if you can, read "Homage to Catalonia" a pamphlet sized essay by George Orwell (you know who he is, right?) who wrote about his experience in such a society in Catalonia, where he volunteered to serve in their army to fight against spanish autocrat.

see how beautifully he describes their society and what they created there.These ideas were very popular in the early 20th century, and were replaced with 'nationalist' states that we have now. example India. 

15 minutes ago, pottipotato said:

I didn't notice it.

but isn't that what you claimed too? that you knew better. why can't I make that claim myself?

i did not propose the creation of this utopian country. You did.

1 minute ago, batman2 said:

i did not propose the creation of this utopian country. You did.

I didn't force you to join the country. I don't wish to convince you to join it

7 minutes ago, pottipotato said:

yeah. you are not wrong. people don't care about others, because its not useful for them to care about others. because they have 'things' to do, 'places' to get to.

people are not inherently evil. they just try their best to fit in the crowd. They don't want to be left behind because they felt compassion towards another person.

and feeling compassion towards another being in a capitalist society is a major weakness that will be used against them. so most people get with the program, even if they were empathetic as younger selves.

----------------

again in our country, we are not going to magically make people care about others. in our country also they wont care about others, mostly.

the only difference is, suppose some village in the far east corner of the country needed a regular ambulance service, and the system is trying to calculate how to allocate resources to it, no asshole will come and prevent it, without backlash from the people who benefit from it.

in our current system, people's backlash can be quelled by police firings (read up on how many people are killed just in India alone just for protesting against ther govt).

so you don't have to be specially kind person to fit in our country. you just have to not be an asshole. because if you are one, it'll make life very diffcult for yourself. nobody is going to bend over backwards, and you won't have money to make them bend over backwards.

Haha .. this  country is also complicated and hard to understand just like you :)

3 minutes ago, pottipotato said:

such societies came up all around the world. in korea, japan, mexico, haiti, spain, france etc, in the early 20th century.

they were all slaughtered in the background of second world war, and we were presented with 'democracy' by the winners.

if you can, read "Homage to Catalonia" a pamphlet sized essay by George Orwell (you know who he is, right?) who wrote about his experience in such a society in Catalonia, where he volunteered to serve in their army to fight against spanish autocrat.

see how beautifully he describes their society and what they created there.These ideas were very popular in the early 20th century, and were replaced with 'nationalist' states that we have now. example India. 

Will read . I never heard of them . Thanks !