Bangladeshis would rather swim to Italy than come to India.

pottipotato

Just now, pottipotato said:

diplomatic speak brother. He says something, and it means something else entirely.

He's disowning all people India calls as 'bangladeshi' in India, and says that its India's problem. not theirs.

Got your point.... _-_

1 minute ago, Meowalpha said:

Is there a rule that India grants citizenship by birth?

How does it matter to bangladeshis? as far as they are concerned, only those with legal bangla papers are their citizens.

India will have to now beg bangladesh, offer them deals, market access to their products and what not for them to take a few of those India branded as bangladeshis.

great foreign policy win for India. lol.

15 minutes ago, pottipotato said:

India will have to now beg bangladesh, offer them deals, market access to their products and what not for them to take a few of those India branded as bangladeshis.

great foreign policy win for India. lol.

It's ok, if they are not citizens, no one will loose anything, except them ofcourse. But I am curious why Muslims were driven out of Bangladesh in 1971. They were not religiously persecuted right? Why did they leave?

20 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

It's ok, if they are not citizens, no one will loose anything, except them ofcourse. But I am curious why Muslims were driven out of Bangladesh in 1971. They were not religiously persecuted right? Why did they leave?

no answers no answers

Just now, ChinnaBhasha said:

But I seen many bangla gallu in Bangalore. Food business lo untaru ekkuva. Italyki map koniyyamantava okati? Eedukunta vellipotaru. 

Lot of baglas also do PhDs in USA and become faculty.

1 hour ago, batman2 said:

I dont think  the intent to mobilize ppl to drive people out of their homes based on religion is just economic backwardness

i am not getting any clarity from your take...you are referring to which time when people lived in harmony?? is it pre-razakar time or post independence until 1990???

@Android__Halwa your response?

5 hours ago, Meowalpha said:

bullshit. Bangladesh won't take them because they are not bangladeshi. They won't become bangladeshi just because India calls them that.

he's not talking about bangladeshis working in India. There are a few million of them. He is talking about those India carelessly brands as bangladeshi and tries to wash its hands off it.

1971 war was not based on religious persecution, but massacre of bengals, both muslims and hindus. Yes Hindus were more affected because of already existing tensions between hindus and muslims in bangladesh, and they fled to India. but muslims were affected too.

most of the muslims who came to India went back. Even many Hindus did. There has always been a religious tension in south asia. It is more pronounced in countries like bangladesh because they are affected by partition directly, and still carry its scars. 

A large number of hindus were killed too in bangladesh, when Hindus in India demolished Babri Masjid. If your point is that bangladesh is crap, don't forget that it is a reflection of India. the mega crap country.

today bangladesh has lower fertility rate, higher growth than India.

-----------

anyway, what is it with you and treating people lke fcuking pawns. pls dont expect respect for women too by the same measure.. enjoy them being described as pawns in the big machinations of men.