any reservation candidates in DB?

ILOVEGIRLS

5 minutes ago, Gnan_anna said:

Neekoka example cheptha brother...na friend ki almost 30 crores property undhi...in form of assets yet he got an income certificate of less than 2 lakh per annum...funny kadha...he used to avail all the scholarship given to economically backward groups...problem is not in the reservation ...problem lies in the people who doesn't want to let go of their privileges...I belong to a socially backward caste and when I was working as a medical officer in a remote rural area ...while conducting a review meeting with village panchayat...I was asked about my caste and after knowing about my caste they asked me to sit along with the sarpanch on the other side of the room who incidentally belong to same caste as mine ....away from the so called privileged upper caste people sitting together...you know what brother, after all my education and my social status, at that point of time everything boiled down to one thing, my CASTE...you can't even imagine the humiliation and the effect it causes on your brain and your psyche later on ..it will leave deep scars on you...that is why is reservation is rightly called as AFFIRMATIVE ACTION!

Discrimination Ani case pettacha brother nuvvu ? Career risk chesi pertadam kastam and not sure whether work place lo discrimination Ani India lo pettadaniki scope entha varaku untundhi?? 

Just now, jabbala_subbbaraju said:

aithe pakkaki poorra lamdi....

naaku eamcet lo 6k rank(engg)  way back in 2003, my schoolmate got 91k rank... he was better privileged than me, his dad being a central govt employee and me from agriculture background.. where both my parents have to struggle whole day in sun.. through out the year to provide for us... 

I dint get the seat I was aspiring for.. I had to attend a shitty college with higher fee.. and this fucker with 71k rank went to the college I dreamed of and couldnt get into even with 6k rank....

I got 1200 rank in JEE and my roommate got 12000 rank. Even though we were in the same college, and both of us got the same education, she struggled a lot more to get into my college than me. Her father was a government employee, but if you go to her place you will know what caste discrimination in Indian villages really mean. They can't even drink water from the lake, and they have to lower their heads when they see people from upper castes. Most people would say that since her father is a Government employee, she was well off. But it's not about the money. She is the only girl from her village to do what she did, she later got a job in a PSU worked there and then cleared Civils. Me on the other hand, got free education (IITs give tuition waiver to top 10%) and kicked India with my left leg and went to graduate school in the US. As a citizen, I would rather my tax money go into educating my roommate than me. She deserves it more than me. So, that's why I think caste based reservation can't just be gotten rid of. 

17 minutes ago, Gnan_anna said:

Neekoka example cheptha brother...na friend ki almost 30 crores property undhi...in form of assets yet he got an income certificate of less than 2 lakh per annum...funny kadha...he used to avail all the scholarship given to economically backward groups...problem is not in the reservation ...problem lies in the people who doesn't want to let go of their privileges...I belong to a socially backward caste and when I was working as a medical officer in a remote rural area ...while conducting a review meeting with village panchayat...I was asked about my caste and after knowing about my caste they asked me to sit along with the sarpanch on the other side of the room who incidentally belong to same caste as mine ....away from the so called privileged upper caste people sitting together...you know what brother, after all my education and my social status, at that point of time everything boiled down to one thing, my CASTE...you can't even imagine the humiliation and the effect it causes on your brain and your psyche later on ..it will leave deep scars on you...that is why is reservation is rightly called as AFFIRMATIVE ACTION!

I agree, there are a lot of people who abuse the reservation system. That's why I think it needs to be implemented better. We need to get rid of ranking system in colleges and select students based on their complete application than merely go by their rank, like they do in the US. 

12 minutes ago, Gnan_anna said:

While feeling bad about your experience, can I say your education and financial status didn't stop the discrimination ?  

4 minutes ago, Sachin200 said:

Discrimination Ani case pettacha brother nuvvu ? Career risk chesi pertadam kastam and not sure whether work place lo discrimination Ani India lo pettadaniki scope entha varaku untundhi?? 

SC St atrocity cases untayi brother but bc ga categorise chesina vallaki legal ga no chance...if we complaint to higher authorities..we will be slowly earmarked as a trouble maker or nuisance maker...or the one who won't do his job efficiently...atla man's medha mellaga oka view point nu create chesi pedtharu...andukey resign cheshna...i can fend myself even if I don't have my job...but there are many for whom their job will be bread and butter...so Atlanti vallandharu itlanti avamaanaalani dhigamingukoni chasthu bathukuthu untaru...after a period of time their brain slowly get used to this discrimination and at some point afterwards they start normalising this discrimination leading to a low self esteem...imagine happening this day in and day out for generations together...

7 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

I agree, there are a lot of people who abuse the reservation system. That's why I think it needs to be implemented better. We need to get rid of ranking system in IITs, and select students based on their complete application than merely go by their rank, like they do in the US. 

Yeah we have to develop a new method 8n implementing affirmative action...it is time to modify rather than overhaul it completely...

4 minutes ago, astalavistaa said:

While feeling bad about your experience, can I say your education and financial status didn't stop the discrimination ?  

Nope brother...absolutely not...village sarpanch told me that this is a normal thing and it is the way that things are in order here other wise it will be chaos....almost on the same lines of those who argue that a caste or a particular group tries to dominate over others by enforcing a superior hegemony of their culture, values, clothing, way of life etc...ikkada point endhantey the guy who was a sarpanch doesn't even know that it was a form of discrimination...that is the way they are brainwashed into believing that it was normal...my education status no chance my economic status no chance...where discrimination is normalised in a sociological and cultural context...akkada migithavi Anni secondary avthai brother...

12 minutes ago, Gnan_anna said:

SC St atrocity cases untayi brother but bc ga categorise chesina vallaki legal ga no chance...if we complaint to higher authorities..we will be slowly earmarked as a trouble maker or nuisance maker...or the one who won't do his job efficiently...atla man's medha mellaga oka view point nu create chesi pedtharu...andukey resign cheshna...i can fend myself even if I don't have my job...but there are many for whom their job will be bread and butter...so Atlanti vallandharu itlanti avamaanaalani dhigamingukoni chasthu bathukuthu untaru...after a period of time their brain slowly get used to this discrimination and at some point afterwards they start normalising this discrimination leading to a low self esteem...imagine happening this day in and day out for generations together...

Discrimination environment lo ekkuva work cheyalem brother , it will demoralize the person very badly . 

4 minutes ago, Gnan_anna said:

Nope brother...absolutely not...village sarpanch told me that this is a normal thing and it is the way that things are in order here other wise it will be chaos....almost on the same lines of those who argue that a caste or a particular group tries to dominate over others by enforcing a superior hegemony of their culture, values, clothing, way of life etc...ikkada point endhantey the guy who was a sarpanch doesn't even know that it was a form of discrimination...that is the way they are brainwashed into believing that it was normal...my education status no chance my economic status no chance...where discrimination is normalised in a sociological and cultural context...akkada migithavi Anni secondary avthai brother...

yeah that is what my point. reservations will give education/ financial status but won't eradicate discrimination. they just keep it alive in the future generations.   

Just now, astalavistaa said:

yeah that is what my point. reservations will give education/ financial status but won't eradicate discrimination. they just keep it alive in the future generations.   

But once you're educated, you can teach your children to not discriminate people. 

1 minute ago, Meowalpha said:

But once you're educated, you can teach your children to not discriminate people. 

you were saying that those who got reservations and educated can teach their children to not discriminate upper caste people ? %$#$

Just now, astalavistaa said:

you were saying that those who got reservations and educated can teach their children to not discriminate upper caste people ? %$#$

No, I am saying that people that are educated in general should teach their children to not discriminate people based on their caste. 

3 minutes ago, astalavistaa said:

Atleast it will give the backward communities to collectively organise and fight against discrimination kadha brother...it will never give strength to an individual even the upper castes will thrive on their collective superiority rather than individual persons merit...the caste group opposing reservation successfully created a narrative regarding individual merit where as the system of caste thrives on collective domination and superiority which had been accumulated over generations...reservations main aim was to uplift the backward classes and in the present system it may be the only feasible way to enforce an affirmative action albeit some modifications...we have to remember that Indian society discriminates majorly on caste basis and very minorly on class basis...so whatever affirmative action taken should concentrate on caste...not on class ...unless and until we urbanise our majority country,  the discrimination will never shift it's foundation from caste to class...

24 minutes ago, Gnan_anna said:

Muhammad Ali documentary lo choopistadu bro , Dallas 1970 lo tella restaurants bayata boards vundevi anta , sorry meeku entry ledhu Ani 

Tanna ancestors africa nundi still tanau USA lo puttina alage choosevaru