any reservation candidates in DB?

ILOVEGIRLS

16 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

Honestly, I think this is a welcome move. There were 12 girls in my class of 60. 

That ratio is the same in most engineering colleges. Could it be that most women want to be something else (like a doctor) than an engineer? 

1 minute ago, Anta Assamey said:

I am asking them to give free basic education as needed.... Not reservation .... [IMG]

Adega cheppedi indakana nunchi, it's not about providing basic education. It's about increasing their drive and motivation. Any socially backward class person will not have as much drive as a person in forward class. Because they have seen discrimination or been discriminated. They also don't have good role models, that's why if you apply affirmative action, they will see more role models which will encourage them to do more in their life.

Basically it takes a lot more effort for someone who doesn't have privilege in life to do the same thing as someone who has a privileged life. So, if you hire the former, he/she will outperform the later in their job. 

Just now, Meowalpha said:

Adega cheppedi indakana nunchi, it's not about providing basic education. It's about increasing their drive and motivation. Any socially backward class person will not have as much drive as a person in forward class. Because they have seen discrimination or been discriminated. They also don't have good role models, that's why if you apply affirmative action, they will see more role models which will encourage them to do more in their life.

Basically it takes a lot more effort for someone who doesn't have privilege in life to do the same thing as someone who has a privileged life. So, if you hire the former, he/she will outperform the later in their job. 

Drive and motivation ani cheppi inka enni decades ilage chesukuntu potato ...[IMG]

Idigo nuvvu ala para lu para lu rayaku ...[IMG]

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

That ratio is the same in most engineering colleges. Could it be that most women want to be something else (like a doctor) than an engineer? 

No, it's because of gender stereotyping like I said earlier. You see more barbie dolls as toys for girls but for boys you see cars and trains as toys. Why? Because the whole society stereotype women as if engineering is not a woman's job. That's why you don't see as many women engineers. 

Drive and motivation ani cheppi inka enni decades ilage chesukuntu potato ...[IMG]

Idigo nuvvu ala para lu para lu rayaku ...[IMG]

Enni decades ayina, caste discrimination tagginda? 

Enni decades ayina, caste discrimination tagginda? 

Taggaledu ante... Current vunna method correct kudu ani ardam ... meeru cheppevi paniki raledu ani ardam ...[IMG]

Just now, Anta Assamey said:

Taggaledu ante... Current vunna method correct kudu ani ardam ... meeru cheppevi paniki raledu ani ardam ...[IMG]

I think the only way you increase the drive of socially downtrodden people is by showing role models from their community who are in leadership positions. You won't get that without reservations/affirmative action. 

1 minute ago, Meowalpha said:

No, it's because of gender stereotyping like I said earlier. You see more barbie dolls as toys for girls but for boys you see cars and trains as toys. Why? Because the whole society stereotype women as if engineering is not a woman's job. That's why you don't see as many women engineers. 

Discrimination is one reason, choice is the other. There can be more than one reason though. 

I think the only way you increase the drive of socially downtrodden people is by showing role models from their community who are in leadership positions. You won't get that without reservations/affirmative action. 

No showing some also does not work ... ento mandi vunnaru ... but they only look up to them for pressing the community not while studying ..... its up to their motivation ... [IMG]

Gurranni nella varaku tekusu vellachu (providing education) .... Taginchalem (motivation) ...[IMG]

6 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Discrimination is one reason, choice is the other. There can be more than one reason though. 

Your choice is determined by what you faced in the society. Women aren't any less smarter than men, it's just that their choices are not as aggressive as men's because of what they faced growing up. If I didn't go through what I have gone through in life, I wouldn't have had as much drive in life. It's not because I was stupid. It's because being inside a shell is more comfortable that breaking a shell and going out. 

No showing some also does not work ... ento mandi vunnaru ... but they only look up to them for pressing the community not while studying ..... its up to their motivation ... [IMG]

Gurranni nella varaku tekusu vellachu (providing education) .... Taginchalem (motivation) ...[IMG]

For suppose reservations teesesaru anuko, how many upper caste people do you think will hire people from lower castes? How is that fair? Idanta kadu, Vijayawada lo colonies prakaram untundi, e colony lo e caste valle undochu ani, adi discrimination kada? Would anyone who is discriminated ever have the same drive as someone who didn't. 

For suppose reservations teesesaru anuko, how many upper caste people do you think will hire people from lower castes? How is that fair? Idanta kadu, Vijayawada lo colonies prakaram untundi, e colony lo e caste valle undochu ani, adi discrimination kada? Would anyone who is discriminated ever have the same drive as someone who didn't

Here is my point again .... I am not saying take out reservation ... Give it based on Economic conditions .... [IMG]

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

Here is my point again .... I am not saying take out reservation ... Give it based on Economic conditions .... [IMG]

Economic valla matter kadani cheppanu kada indake. Indaka cheppina colonies lo economic ga enta rich ayina parvaledu, but e caste o okate chustaaru. There are examples of even a highly paid person from lower castes who is discriminated. Poor people from higher castes also can discriminate rich people from lower castes. It's not about financial situation. In fact India has pretty much the cheapest tuition fee, and the Government gives fee waiver if you're good enough. 

Economic valla matter kadani cheppanu kada indake. Indaka cheppina colonies lo economic ga enta rich ayina parvaledu, but e caste o okate chustaaru. There are examples of even a highly paid person from lower castes who is discriminated. Poor people from higher castes also can discriminate rich people from lower castes. It's not about financial situation. In fact India has pretty much the cheapest tuition fee, and the Government gives fee waiver if you're good enough. 

No you are wrong ...[IMG]

Ante ippudu for example ... Chiranjeevi is from a back ward caste.. So ippudu vallaki reservations kavali antavu ... motivation ledu antavu.... vallaki evaru udyogalu ivvaru antavu ...[IMG]

Ma inti pakka OC gadu vucnadu .. papam chadivinchukoleni parisiti .. but they tried.... mari valla paristiti enti ..[IMG]