any reservation candidates in DB?

ILOVEGIRLS

11 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

No you are wrong ...[IMG]

Ante ippudu for example ... Chiranjeevi is from a back ward caste.. So ippudu vallaki reservations kavali antavu ... motivation ledu antavu.... vallaki evaru udyogalu ivvaru antavu ...[IMG]

Ma inti pakka OC gadu vucnadu .. papam chadivinchukoleni parisiti .. but they tried.... mari valla paristiti enti ..[IMG]

Sure, there are cases where it is important, anduke ga vallaki oka 10% ichindi Govt. But that doesn't mean caste based reservation should be removed. I will give you a good example. My roommate in my college got in through reservation. She is from the most backward of the backward regions in Bihar. But despite her background, she still worked hard, harder than others mostly. Most privileged students don't study after getting into college because they know that they will get a job. But the people that struggled to get into college work extra hard. That's why they deserve to be there more than any other privileged person. They being at IIT is more important to the country than me or any other privileged person being at IIT. I know that because I can tell they struggled a lot more from their community, from their parents and the society. 

2 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

Sure, there are cases where it is important, anduke ga vallaki oka 10% ichindi Govt. But that doesn't mean caste based reservation should be removed. I will give you a good example. My roommate in my college got in through reservation. She is from the most backward of the backward regions in Bihar. But despite her background, she still worked hard, harder than others mostly. Most privileged students don't study after getting into college because they know that they will get a job. But the people that struggled to get into college work extra hard. That's why they deserve to be there more than any other privileged person. They being at IIT is more important to the country than me or any other privileged person being at IIT. I know that because I can tell they struggled a lot more from their community, from their parents and the society. 

BTW, she worked for a PSU after college and then cleared Civils, I am sure India needs more people like her than like me. If you visit her place in Bihar, you would know what privilege means. People like her are an example why reservation in higher education is important.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

Malli oka paragraph rasavu ...[IMG]

Malli malli ade antunavu ...

Hard Work has to be done to Study and Pass and Get Merit and Compete ....

Vallu struggle ayyaru antunavu ... find I understand

Maa pakkinti vallu kuda ayyaru ... mari valla paristiti enti ... potey poyaru anukundama....[IMG]

1 minute ago, Anta Assamey said:

Malli oka paragraph rasavu ...[IMG]

Malli malli ade antunavu ...

Hard Work has to be done to Study and Pass and Get Merit and Compete ....

Vallu struggle ayyaru antunavu ... find I understand

Maa pakkinti vallu kuda ayyaru ... mari valla paristiti enti ... potey poyaru anukundama....[IMG]

Was your neighbor ever afraid of being raped by people from higher castes in his village? Did his parents try to abort him because of his gender, given their social status? If not, he has no right to complain. 

1 minute ago, Meowalpha said:

Was your neighbor ever afraid of being raped by people from higher castes in his village? Did his parents try to abort him because of his gender, given their social status? If not, he has no right to complain. 

Again you are generalizing ... Not all from the people who you call lower caste are afraid of getting raped.... Not all people getting raped are Lower caste... it has nothing to do with it ..

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

Intha generalized ga cheptunav amiti pilli??

Just now, Anta Assamey said:

Again you are generalizing ... Not all from the people who you call lower caste are afraid of getting raped.... Not all people getting raped are Lower caste... it has nothing to do with it ..

Well, the girl I was talking about earlier was. Her father had a Government job. That didn't stop her from being a victim of caste discrimination. Like I said, unless you're discriminated or seen people being discriminated you wouldn't understand. 

3 hours ago, Meowalpha said:

If gender pay gap is not real, why would you see those statistics. 

If earth is round why would you see flat earth claimers with all their "proofs"? Your argument is very childish

In fact the biggest pay gap that you see is in assistant professors (since I am familiar with this). Female assistant professors in general get paid 90% of what male professors make. What is worse is even if you go higher up in the ladder of tenure, you see lesser number of female associate professors and an even lesser proportion of female professors.

Professors as a whole get paid depending on the research they do and what they bring in to the table as per my understanding... if you are strictly talking about the money paid by the university irrespective of the research they do and the grants they bring in, you need to show me a proof... I have never heard of one female prof being paid less just because she has a **, there will be riots and lawsuits on universities if that is the case ...  I highly think you are mistaking the grants or research funds they get for their work... anyways lets see some references

But more importantly, the gender pay gap raises as you move up the ladder. Most full professors who make upwards of 300k are mostly men, and women full professors make much less when compared to that. 

Says who? Where is the stat you were referring to? I thought you were some phD student, how come you are not able to provide one link which compares a female's salary to her male counterpart...  Most professors making above 300k men means nothing, it all depends on what field they are in.... 

so lets see some numbers on what you are referring to... 

We have set pay scales in our org. Only levels are advertised and the pay is set. To add to this we give pregnant women 3 months off with full pay. We also hire a female before we hire a male employee. Most companies fall loosely into this category. If they are truly doing it, then it is some backwards 1960s institution. 

28 minutes ago, chittimallu_14 said:

If earth is round why would you see flat earth claimers with all their "proofs"? Your argument is very childish

Professors as a whole get paid depending on the research they do and what they bring in to the table as per my understanding... if you are strictly talking about the money paid by the university irrespective of the research they do and the grants they bring in, you need to show me a proof... I have never heard of one female prof being paid less just because she has a **, there will be riots and lawsuits on universities if that is the case ...  I highly think you are mistaking the grants or research funds they get for their work... anyways lets see some references

Says who? Where is the stat you were referring to? I thought you were some phD student, how come you are not able to provide one link which compares a female's salary to her male counterpart...  Most professors making above 300k men means nothing, it all depends on what field they are in.... 

so lets see some numbers on what you are referring to... 

Now, that's a good argument. I am not really in a position to look up the stats now, but here is my take on it. Among assistant professors, the salary difference between male and female is minimal mostly because men are more likely to negotiate for a better pay. Let's say it's the women's fault for not asking for more in that case. In the second case with associate professors, it's true that the some part of the salary is through grants, but the university caps the salary at a scale depending on what you negotiate. Depending on whether you teach a class or not, they will either pay you or you get paid from a grant. The greatest difference I see is the pay of professors, go to Glassdoor and look up the the salary of a professor, there is a huge range for this. This is partly due to the fact that most male professors are in leadership positions. You can't ignore the gender bias here and say that the reason female professors are paid less is because they don't have leadership roles. It's because they don't get leadership roles like their male counterparts. 

19 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

We have set pay scales in our org. Only levels are advertised and the pay is set. To add to this we give pregnant women 3 months off with full pay. We also hire a female before we hire a male employee. Most companies fall loosely into this category. If they are truly doing it, then it is some backwards 1960s institution. 

Don't men want equality here, get 3 months off with full pay for ejaculating. 

7 hours ago, Meowalpha said:

You can think so, but like I said I never benefited from the Indian reservation system. In fact I used to oppose reservation untill I was in India. I only understood the advantage of affirmative action after teaching in socially backward places. 

and yet you believe reservations will solve their problems?  reservation use cheskoni financial ga settle ayina vaadu same caste lo poor people ni cheap gaane chustaadu like he is from upper caste. 

• Upvote 2