any reservation candidates in DB?

ILOVEGIRLS

1 minute ago, astalavistaa said:

and yet you believe reservations will solve their problems?  reservation use cheskoni financial ga settle ayina vaadu same caste lo poor people ni cheap gaane chustaadu like he is from upper caste. 

I think removing reservation for socially backward classes won't solve the problem of caste discrimination.  

1 minute ago, astalavistaa said:

and yet you believe reservations will solve their problems?  reservation use cheskoni financial ga settle ayina vaadu same caste lo poor people ni cheap gaane chustaadu like he is from upper caste. 

Even highly paid and educated women discriminate against other less educated men and women. Why do they do this?

Just now, DummyVariable said:

Even highly paid and educated women discriminate against other less educated men and women. Why do they do this?

Because they are full of themselves and don't give two figs about stupid people. 

10 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

Now, that's a good argument. I am not really in a position to look up the stats now, but here is my take on it. Among assistant professors, the salary difference between male and female is minimal mostly because men are more likely to negotiate for a better pay. Let's say it's the women's fault for not asking for more in that case. In the second case with associate professors, it's true that the some part of the salary is through grants, but the university caps the salary at a scale depending on what you negotiate. Depending on whether you teach a class or not, they will either pay you or you get paid from a grant. The greatest difference I see is the pay of professors, go to Glassdoor and look up the the salary of a professor, there is a huge range for this. This is partly due to the fact that most male professors are in leadership positions. You can't ignore the gender bias here and say that the reason female professors are paid less is because they don't have leadership roles. It's because they don't get leadership roles like their male counterparts. 

the problem is just because many people say that, quite a few others (like you) think thats true... im not saying anything bad about you but thats how the world works... I honestly dont think there is a gender wage gap, just because a person is a woman they wont be paid less for the exact same role.

You can say there is gender bias and I wont deny that but in some roles men perform better and in some women perform better... Why dont women apply for hardcore jobs that involve manual labour? Because they are not cut for it (not most of them atleast), women dont have the strength to do that and just because manual labour is not paid highly women dont care about applying to those jobs... maybe that is true for leadership roles too, may be women are not good at it however the pay is handsome and just because of that women apply to those jobs and then cry about it saying there is a gender bias, maybe women are not great as leaders compared to men... im not so sure about it but this is just my take...  maybe the day manual labour jobs are paid very highly, we might see the same concept of women aplying to those jobs and then getting rejected because of the fact that they are not strong enough or capable enough... which is probably equivalent to the leadership roles case... 

Im not belittling women by any means, but just saying that men are better at some while women at some, maybe its a coincidence that men are better at doing the jobs which are paid better... this doesnt stop the women from getting the same job and getting the exact same salary for that same role

5 minutes ago, chittimallu_14 said:

the problem is just because many people say that, quite a few others (like you) think thats true... im not saying anything bad about you but thats how the world works... I honestly dont think there is a gender wage gap, just because a person is a woman they wont be paid less for the exact same role.

You can say there is gender bias and I wont deny that but in some roles men perform better and in some women perform better... Why doesnt women apply for hardcore jobs that involve manual labour? Because they are not cut for it (not most of them atleast), women dont have the strength to do that and just because manual labour is not paid highly women dont care about applying to those jobs... maybe that is true for leadership roles too, may be women are not good at it however the pay is handsome and just because of that women apply to those jobs and then cry about it saying there is a gender bias, maybe women are not great as leaders compared to men... im not so sure about it but this is just my take...  maybe the day manual labour jobs are paid very highly, we might see the same concept of women aplying to those jobs and then getting rejected because of the fact that they are not strong enough or capable enough... which is probably equivalent to the leadership roles case... 

Im not belittling women by any means, but just saying that men are better at some while women at some, maybe its a coincidence that men are better at doing the jobs which are paid better... this doesnt stop the women from getting the same job and getting the exact same salary for that same role

All of the highlighted part is gender stereotyping. If someone tells you a thousand times that you're supposed to walk on four feet, you start believing it. And if you teach your kids the same thing, they stop questioning it. Biologically, in no other species females are weaker than males. In fact the muscle tissue of females in human is shown to be tougher than males. But over generations, women have been told that they are weak, and they believed it. 

2 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

All of the highlighted part is gender stereotyping. If someone tells you a thousand times that you're supposed to walk on four feet, you start believing it. And if you teach your kids the same thing, they stop questioning it. Biologically, in no other species females are weaker than males. In fact the muscle tissue of females in human is shown to be tougher than males. But over generations, women have been told that they are weak, and they believed it. 

haha this is proper bullshit.. do you really believe an average woman is stronger physically than an average male? I would like to end my conversation with you if thats the case :lol: 

If everyone had a thought process like you , none of the poor girl athletes will complain on the transgender (boys to girl  converted) that won the medals in girls categories. Why did they complain? because they thought its unfair to let "boys" to compete with them in athletics... girls/women will not stand a chance against boys/men barring an odd outcome here and there... 

Take another example of tennis,... in wimbledon women only play 3 sets while men play 5 sets... yet women take the exact same amount of prize money as men

2 minutes ago, Gnan_anna said:

If you have time kindly watch this documentary. .discrimination is real in India...unless you experience it you cannot gauge the effect it will have on your psyche and perception...systematic hammering over generations together  resulted in the under development of these castes.. did you hear about manual scavenging in India??? 

In a country where 70 % of it's population resides in rural areas...discrimination rears its ugly head in these rural areas where as discrimination is subtle in urban areas...

One more thing for those who argue about reservation in entrance exams...those are for entry but ultimately the reserved candidate should pass the course on his merit...it's funny that those who oppose reservation doesn't mind the privatisation of education in our country...if you want to remove reservation in future...you have to nationalise all primary and secondary educational institutes in India...then we can create a level playing field for all those who will compete in entrance exams...

PS- I'm a candidate who availed reservation as well as a victim of reservation system...

Edhi maku unte memu alage chadivutham kadha Ani argument bro . Let's say naku reservation undi and eamcet rank ( medicine lo ) 2000 vachina , still I can get admission for mbbs . In the same scenario an open catogery student with same rank ( 1000 vachina oc laki kastam ga mbbs seat ravadam ) cannot secure the seat for mbbs . Vadu reservation lo unna vadini choosi frustrate avutadu .

2 minutes ago, chittimallu_14 said:

haha this is proper bullshit.. do you really believe an average woman is stronger physically than an average male? I would like to end my conversation with you if thats the case :lol: 

If everyone had a thought process like you , none of the poor girl athletes will complain on the transgender (boys to girl  converted) that won the medals in girls categories. Why did they complain? because they thought its unfair to let "boys" to compete with them in athletics... girls/women will not stand a chance against boys/men barring an odd outcome here and there... 

Take another example of tennis,... in wimbledon women only play 3 sets while men play 5 sets... yet women take the exact same amount of prize money as men

I did not say that an average human female is physically stronger than an average human male. I said that it's the case with other animal species. My concern is more about women believing that they are weak. You don't need to be a super strong athlete to be a construction worker. But traditionally women have been told to pursue secretarial positions and raised to be docile and weak. I am sure if they had more physical activity growing up, they would be able to work in the construction industry. You don't need to be an Olympic athlete to be a construction worker and I am sure if raised without a bias, women would be stronger than they are today.