Breaking news: Donald Trump becomes third U.S. president to be impeached; abuse of power article gains enough support as House roll call vote continues

tacobell fan

BREAKING: The politically charged House vote came on the first article of impeachment leveled against President Trump — abuse of power. Democrats accused the president of using the authority of his office to coerce a foreign leader to investigate a domestic political rival.

The House was poised to vote on a second article of impeachment — obstruction of Congress — as Trump has instructed senior administration officials not to cooperate with congressional investigations.

This is a developing story. It will be updated.

The House is holding a historic day of debate that is expected to end with votes to impeach President Trump for his conduct toward Ukraine, making him only the third president in U.S. history to receive that sanction.

Based on public announcements, Democrats have enough votes to approve articles of impeachment against Trump for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. Wednesday’s action will lead to a trial in the Republican-led Senate, where a two-thirds vote would be required to remove the president from office.

At the heart of the Democrats’ case is the allegation that Trump tried to leverage a White House meeting and military aid, sought by Ukraine to combat Russian military aggression, to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to launch an investigation of former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden, as well as a probe of an unfounded theory that Kyiv conspired with Democrats to interfere in the 2016 presidential election.

●Trump rips Democrats for ‘attempted coup’ on eve of likely impeachment.

●President appears resilient as he faces the ‘very ugly word’ of impeachment.

●To capture voters, the two parties invoke radically different responses to impeachment.

1 minute ago, tacobell fan said:

it doesn't matter but it's a black mark on his presidency. 

Vadiki mottam wall ee black .... kottaga idi picha lite vadiki ..[IMG]

Idi anta chesi.... Vadu next elections geliche laga chestunaru ante...[IMG]

8 minutes ago, jefferson1 said:

malli election ki eleigibile a okka sari impeach aithe?

4 minutes ago, bhaigan said:

Impeach ayithe not eligible

I think he is eligible .... Example was Bill Clinton ... he was impeached but contested the second time and won it ..[IMG]

Correct me if I am wrong ...[IMG]

• Upvote 1

Just now, Anta Assamey said:

I think he is eligible .... Example was Bill Clinton ... he was impeached but contested the second time and won it ..[IMG]

Correct me if I am wrong ...[IMG]

appudu impeach avvaledu bhayya, monica levensky tho relationship ae kada, he resigned appudu

next term elections lo he won again

2 minutes ago, bhaigan said:

appudu impeach avvaledu bhayya, monica levensky tho relationship ae kada, he resigned appudu

next term elections lo he won again

No He was Impeached at that time .... He was the second president to get impeached in US history ....[IMG]

I think you are getting confused with Nixon... Who resigned because he was about to be impeached..[IMG]