Highly successful in Academics but a big loser in career...share your story

Daaarling

2 hours ago, Daaarling said:

I was a bright student in Academics but when it comes to career Iam a big looser. Ofcourse I did lot of mistakes and eventually became lazy. Cant blame others. Mee story enti

I was Avg  in Acadamics

Failed in degree ..completed PG in Distance 

Having break between Acadamies 

Worked in  small jobs..for 4 yrs...

Started job in IT .. Not much successfull after 2 yrs also.

learned subject again..Now sticked with one company and learned and done hardwork ..Got promotions

Came to US and got project ..no work l, no learni1ng ..stayed for 2yrs ..becuase of Financial commitments..

Again  on bench for 7 months..

Got Multuple offers with Hardwork ..one FT and 2 contract roles..

Joined in FT and successfully completed ... yrs ..My manager satisfied..with my work..but am not...

Now how do I define my life...is that only hardwork and learning pay back to you u ? Or only along with that should have some luck ? 

Academics lo thopu ani cheppalenu worst ani kuda cheppalenu.

For example: Eamcet lo my rank between 1000 and 2000. Inter lo matram close to 850.

Career is okay. Idi kuda ilage untadi. I think I will be in top 3 in my department (about 75 people) but I rely on most of the remaining team members for my day to day work. 

Overall, Just another average guy in both

Never thought with stupid b.tech chemical engineering 69% in 2002 June I am going to have succeful 15yr career in USA ..in that sense big achiever but lost so much of young life in snow places Chicago n Detroit wish could have stayed more young life in India..where I still think personal life in india much more fun than USA..in that sense I am loser.

57 minutes ago, Unityunity2 said:

I was Avg  in Acadamics

Failed in degree ..completed PG in Distance 

Having break between Acadamies 

Worked in  small jobs..for 4 yrs...

Started job in IT .. Not much successfull after 2 yrs also.

learned subject again..Now sticked with one company and learned and done hardwork ..Got promotions

Came to US and got project ..no work l, no learni1ng ..stayed for 2yrs ..becuase of Financial commitments..

Again  on bench for 7 months..

Got Multuple offers with Hardwork ..one FT and 2 contract roles..

Joined in FT and successfully completed ... yrs ..My manager satisfied..with my work..but am not...

Now how do I define my life...is that only hardwork and learning pay back to you u ? Or only along with that should have some luck ? 

Luck plays very big part in one's life. I think you are lucky

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, ForEverJava said:

Never thought with stupid b.tech chemical engineering 69% in 2002 June I am going to have succeful 15yr career in USA ..in that sense big achiever but lost so much of young life in snow places Chicago n Detroit wish could have stayed more young life in India..where I still think personal life in india much more fun than USA..in that sense I am loser.

That will be the story of almost all here. People enjoy more in India than USA. In USA apart from satisfying our ego we achieve nothing significant

51 minutes ago, AndhraneedSCS said:

Academics lo thopu ani cheppalenu worst ani kuda cheppalenu.

For example: Eamcet lo my rank between 1000 and 2000. Inter lo matram close to 850.

Career is okay. Idi kuda ilage untadi. I think I will be in top 3 in my department (about 75 people) but I rely on most of the remaining team members for my day to day work. 

Overall, Just another average guy in both

Your traits doesn't say you are average you are the topper even now

1 hour ago, Beardman said:

check if your Rahu is debilitated

“Life is like a game of chess; complex, but entirely predictable if you understand the game.”

Nobody can understand life. When you think so it will throw you a googly

5 hours ago, Daaarling said:

I was a bright student in Academics but when it comes to career Iam a big loser. Ofcourse I did lot of mistakes and eventually became lazy. Cant blame others. Mee story enti

Shame to shame