• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Meowalpha

• Scada

• nallajamoon

• Biskot2

Popular Days

1 hour ago, Meowalpha said:

You should take LSAT. I think he took LSAT after Masters. But there is not age limit. 

as per my understanding :

i think we need to have undergraduate law degree (from back home) to get into law school in usa.

without ug law degree cannot write lsat.

when h1 process was happening i was frustrated by how much lawyer was charging and explored to see if I can become a lawyer myself. with b.tech background and no law exposure bahut kasth hai.. so a education counselor suggested two options : 1. you can do a MS in law but that will not give you lawyer title it is useless. 2. go to under grad arts/humanities in usa. graduate. write lsat. go to law school. sit for bar exam. become lawyer.

13 minutes ago, Adam said:

as per my understanding :

i think we need to have undergraduate law degree (from back home) to get into law school in usa.

without ug law degree cannot write lsat.

This part is very wrong. Most law schools prefer diversity in applications. Infact there is no degree granting program that people pursue to go to law school after. 

Sure, you can study law. But if you cannot write a sentence without grammatical errors, cannot communicate, have thick accent issues, not a people person, have dark skin, eat spicy food, etc good luck getting any clients because clients have so much choice. It's not the same as a doctor or engineer.

12 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

Sure, you can study law. But if you cannot write a sentence without grammatical errors, cannot communicate, have thick accent issues, not a people person, have dark skin, eat spicy food, etc good luck getting any clients because clients have so much choice. It's not the same as a doctor or engineer.

Pretty racist, but can't deny the accuracy of everything but the dark skin and spicy food. 

12 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

Pretty racist, but can't deny the accuracy of everything but the dark skin and spicy food. 

Equal opportunity, fairness, blah are only on the paper for namesake. It is prevalent left, right and center in Legal and Corrections departments. Even simple crimes can quickly get edgy and serious for aliens as cops blow them out of proportions with racial profiling and the judges are not kind either. There is no perfect country or system.

PS: Love your Siamese cat by the way

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bhumchik said:

Racism is only on the paper for namesake. It is prevalent left, right and center in Legal and Corrections departments. There is no perfect country or system.

Generally, bias is involuntary and is understandable. But voluntary bias tends to be outright racism. The former is hard to get rid of, but the latter is not good to have. 

2 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

Equal opportunity, fairness, blah are only on the paper for namesake. It is prevalent left, right and center in Legal and Corrections departments. There is no perfect country or system.

Unless every individual embraces paradoxical thinking...which i think is out of scope.

17 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

Equal opportunity, fairness, blah are only on the paper for namesake. It is prevalent left, right and center in Legal and Corrections departments. Even simple crimes can quickly get edgy and serious for aliens as cops blow them out of proportions with racial profiling and the judges are not kind either. There is no perfect country or system.

PS: Love your Siamese cat by the way

Alpha says @thanks