what if U S A also implement citizen act like india ?

joblessjack

2 minutes ago, pottipotato said:

they are not bangladeshi hindus dude. stop saying sh1t like that. some 25 people killed themselves purely out of heartbreak of being left out of India, and majority are Hindus.

I know its silly to ask for empathy in a db like this, but please read some history of modern day assam. These bengalis were as native to assam as assamese.. and even if some of them were bangladeshi among them (not all), its simply murderous to call for 2 million people to be banished from a place where they've lived for decades/centuries.

Like I said, refugees are coming in seeking for alms and seeking help from persecution. Why should they be given citizenship faster than others? I mean it's not like people are killing them in India. They should be in the line like everyone else. 

5 minutes ago, chittimallu_14 said:

This is not what the banners say... like you claimed.  Did any banner say "implement it properly" or "we dont trust you will get this right"?

lets see if you have any videos or links where people have explained what exactly is wrong with the bill (not the implementation, since we are not there yet)

I keep saying that the protests are not just about the bill.. but you keep coming back to the bill.

yes the bill is horrible. but the crux of the issue is NRC, much more than CAA.

4 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

I am saying that the bill is selective in whom they give citizenship to, to make it feasible for them to win elections in some states. There are a lot of refugees in the world, India doesn't have enough to feed it's citizens, why should it give out citizenship to foreigners that too by restricting where they come from and whom they pray to? I mean a beggar is a beggar wherever they come from, and if they allow this, millions of foreigners will come inside, influence the elections and be a burden to the country. 

That is one part of the argument but is CAB allowing new people in? Isn’t it for people who are already here? Only about 32000 people will be let in.  My problem is NRC which can affect hundreds of millions of Indians who don’t have documents. 

4 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

Like I said, refugees are coming in seeking for alms and seeking help from persecution. Why should they be given citizenship faster than others? I mean it's not like people are killing them in India. They should be in the line like everyone else. 

you are a sick guy dude. u think its funny this  pretense. I give up. u win.

Just now, DummyVariable said:

That is one part of the argument but is CAB allowing new people in? Isn’t it for people who are already here? Only about 32000 people will be let in.  My problem is NRC which can affect hundreds of millions of Indians who don’t have documents

Registration needs to happen sometime or the other, if someone doesn't have the paperwork, they need to figure it out or not participate in elections or get benefits. I mean it's not like they will be deported because no country will accept them. Atleast the future generations will have the paperwork hopefully.

4 minutes ago, pottipotato said:

I keep saying that the protests are not just about the bill.. but you keep coming back to the bill.

yes the bill is horrible. but the crux of the issue is NRC, much more than CAA.

Ok, if not for the bill what are they actually protesting about? 

are you telling all the people that are on streets have no ways to prove their citizenship (despite being lawful citizens) and that is why they are protesting?

8 minutes ago, pottipotato said:

Okay. They hate NRC, along with CAA. They want both of them gone. and they are absolutely right for asking it.

NRC was a demand Assam had since the 70s, and successive govts put it on hold for long, because they know what mess it will start. BJP amit shah is not that clever apparently to understsand the consequences of assam.

now he is freely shooting at kids, and u guys probably call it a victory.

listen to this podcast on nrc https://soundcloud.com/materialanalysis/episode-10-national-register-of-citizens-nrc

will check this out.. 

1 minute ago, pottipotato said:

you are a sick guy dude. u think its funny this  pretense. I give up. u win.

I am not sick, just stating the facts. What is the reason to give a fast track citizenship to millions of people all at the same time, that too before 2024? These people aren't being persecuted in India. They already make a living here, they can stand in line for 10 years and then get a citizenship like everyone else. What's the need to expedite their citizenship?

Just now, chittimallu_14 said:

are you telling all the people that are on streets have no ways to prove their citizenship (despite being lawful citizens) and that is why they are protesting?

yes. even u will have tough time to prove it according to NRC guidelines. 

but u can escape because you are hindu.

this is the wasteful exercise India is about to launch into - the trial for which was held in Assam. where 2 million people lost their citizenships, some because of wrong spelling in their documents, some because they couldn't produce their father's birth certificate to prove he was born in India, etc.

Just now, Meowalpha said:

I am not sick, just stating the facts. What is the reason to give a fast track citizenship to millions of people all at the same time, that too before 2024? These people aren't being persecuted in India. They already make a living here, they can stand in line for 10 years and then get a citizenship like everyone else. What's the need to expedite their citizenship?

who said they are going to expedite? how do you know there are millions of them?

emanna reference undha lekapothe asusual nee style lo eskunta pothunnava 

1 minute ago, chittimallu_14 said:

I just told you why they're protesting. They're protesting because these immigrants will influence the election results if you fast track their citizenship before 2024. 

1 minute ago, pottipotato said:

yes. even u will have tough time to prove it according to NRC guidelines. 

but u can escape because you are hindu.

this is the wasteful exercise India is about to launch into - the trial for which was held in Assam. where 2 million people lost their citizenships, some because of wrong spelling in their documents, some because they couldn't produce their father's birth certificate to prove he was born in India, etc.

Yes definitely not easy... india lanti desam lo paatha documents antha easy ga dorakav so it will be a tough task. But I dont think this means they will make millions of citizens as aliens, no way can any govt do that. People are probably getting worried too much for nothing and also fueled apprehensions by opposition parties. 

Just now, chittimallu_14 said:

who said they are going to expedite? how do you know there are millions of them?

emanna reference undha lekapothe asusual nee style lo eskunta pothunnava 

It's in the CAB bill. These refugees will be granted citizenship in three years before elections in 2024. On economic basis, people have to apply and be working in India for 10 years to apply for a citizenship. Yes, there are millions of these immigrants, who will probably be grateful enough to vote in favor of BJP. 

2 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

I just told you why they're protesting. They're protesting because these immigrants will influence the election results if you fast track their citizenship before 2024. 

arey aapara maava... nuvu cheppedi maybe only about assam.... not everywhere else in the country