what if U S A also implement citizen act like india ?

joblessjack

Just now, chittimallu_14 said:

Yes definitely not easy... india lanti desam lo paatha documents antha easy ga dorakav so it will be a tough task. But I dont think this means they will make millions of citizens as aliens, no way can any govt do that. People are probably getting worried too much for nothing and also fueled apprehensions by opposition parties. 

I mean a lot of people already don't vote because their name is not in the voter list for some bizzare reason. Atleast if they have NRC, they can somehow streamline this atleast for the future. 

1 minute ago, Meowalpha said:

I am not sick, just stating the facts. What is the reason to give a fast track citizenship to millions of people all at the same time, that too before 2024? These people aren't being persecuted in India. They already make a living here, they can stand in line for 10 years and then get a citizenship like everyone else. What's the need to expedite their citizenship?

are u purposefully trying to bamboozle me, jumping in and out of arguments for NRC and CAA?

CAA is limited in scope (inspite of amit shah promising the moon about it in all his rallies - one of the reason for misunderstanding of that bill - not just stupidity of the protestor, but the stupidity of the home minister itself).

The people who were left out of NRC will be sent to detention camps, and in some cases offered temporary resident visas that allow them to work.

to get citizenship afte r10yrs, they have to prove they are from bangladesh now. because their indian proof is already rejected.

They are essentially stateless now. They will never get indian citizenship.

Just now, Meowalpha said:

It's in the CAB bill. These refugees will be granted citizenship in three years before elections in 2024. On economic basis, people have to apply and be working in India for 10 years to apply for a citizenship. Yes, there are millions of these immigrants, who will probably be grateful enough to vote in favor of BJP. 

ok so ipudu nastam endi... tbh I dont know how many others are really in line to get an Indian citizenship other than refugee folks that are in discussion... its not like in the US where people under multiple visa categories are all in a line to get a GC 

7 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

Registration needs to happen sometime or the other, if someone doesn't have the paperwork, they need to figure it out or not participate in elections or get benefits. I mean it's not like they will be deported because no country will accept them. Atleast the future generations will have the paperwork hopefully.

And the need is now? Why not 10 years down the line? 

2 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

It's in the CAB bill. These refugees will be granted citizenship in three years before elections in 2024. On economic basis, people have to apply and be working in India for 10 years to apply for a citizenship. Yes, there are millions of these immigrants, who will probably be grateful enough to vote in favor of BJP. 

u are much smarter than this dude. stop acting dumb. I know u thnk this is funny to piss me. I'm not pissed though. just incredibly shocked.

Just now, chittimallu_14 said:

ok so ipudu nastam endi... tbh I dont know how many others are really in line to get an Indian citizenship other than refugee folks that are in discussion... its not like in the US where people under multiple visa categories are all in a line to get a GC 

It is like that, Amit Shah said in his speech in the Parliament that people seeking citizenship on economic basis (which is a different visa) have to be here for 10 years to get citizenship. Why should these refugees be given citizenship in 3 years? There is no reasonable explanation to this except that they are going to influence the elections. 

Just now, DummyVariable said:

there's no 10yrs down the line. once NRC deems u a foreigner, you become stateless.

bangladesh won't magically provide you its citizenship papers for you to apply for your citizenship of India 10 yrs later.

stateless people get citizenship, u think? They will live the life of 2nd class citizens until they die.

It is like that, Amit Shah said in his speech in the Parliament that people seeking citizenship on economic basis (which is a different visa) have to be here for 10 years to get citizenship. Why should these refugees be given citizenship in 3 years? There is no reasonable explanation to this except that they are going to influence the elections. 

why does it matter though... ofcourse at the end of the day BJP is another political party, if they are going to work on something they would definitely want to benefit out of it.. 

The Q should be if they should be given Indian citizenship or not... okkasari ivvali ani decide ainaka repu isthe endhi 10 yrs ki isthe endhi

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

Why wait 10 years when BJP probably won't even be in power, when they have a majority in both the Houses. Honestly, there is no way Congress will pass a bill like that, because it will ruin their voter base. 

They are stripped of indian citizenship that they already possessed. Now they are stateless.. and will never get any citizenship ever again. 

15 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

Registration needs to happen sometime or the other, if someone doesn't have the paperwork, they need to figure it out or not participate in elections or get benefits. I mean it's not like they will be deported because no country will accept them. Atleast the future generations will have the paperwork hopefully.

They will be put in detention camps. Check what happened in Assam. People without documents ended up in those camps. CAB along with NRC means that any person without a document that failed to show that he is an Indian or a Hindu is a pakistani. 

6 minutes ago, pottipotato said:

u are much smarter than this dude. stop acting dumb. I know u thnk this is funny to piss me. I'm not pissed though. just incredibly shocked.

Nothing I said is meant to be funny. Like really, what's so good about refugees that they should be treated better than other immigrants.

3 minutes ago, chittimallu_14 said:

why does it matter though... ofcourse at the end of the day BJP is another political party, if they are going to work on something they would definitely want to benefit out of it.. 

The Q should be if they should be given Indian citizenship or not... okkasari ivvali ani decide ainaka repu isthe endhi 10 yrs ki isthe endhi

Because three years lopu iste they will influence the elections kabatti

Nothing I said is meant to be funny. Like really, what's so good about refugees that they should be treated than other immigrants.

did u read what I said, or are u trying to rile me up or something?

The ones who were already Indian citizens, were stripped off the citizenship dude. why do you keep calling them refugees?

Why wait 10 years when BJP probably won't even be in power, when they have a majority in both the Houses. Honestly, there is no way Congress will pass a bill like that, because it will ruin their voter base. 

They are Indians though. Why are you trying to link them to congress and politics?