Lost i797

ILOVEGIRLS

13 minutes ago, ILOVEGIRLS said:

What to do? And how long will it take to get a copy? Worried alot.

Copy pasting..

The document that you are requesting is obtained by filing an I-824. As to the issue of timing, that may depend on the US Consulate (USCON) through which are attempting to obtain the visa. So the question is a rather difficult one to answer without knowing the USCON that you are going to be visiting.

If you are on an H-1B, you may want to discuss this with the company's attorney. And if you do not have a company's attorney who handles immigration matters you may want to discuss the matter with an experience immigration attorney in the matter. I would also recommend a review of the USCON's website for helpful information on how to proceed.

While the I-824's are often processed rather quickly, there is always a wait for everything relating to any application filed with USCIS. I would recommend that you read through the instructions on the I-824 to know where to file and the look for the processing reports from the USCIS Service Center which will handle your application and that should provide you with somewhat of an idea of how long you may be waiting.

The best thing to do is to figure out the requirements of the USCON that you will be visiting and to obtain assistance if necessary on complying with those instructions. Like anything else, time frames are always approximations and we never know when things are not going to work out the way that we initially planned so always work the unknown into your planning. Good luck.