India rejects deal on return of illegal immigrants from UK amid fears of mass deportations

hyperbole

this shows the double standards of our own immigration policies. what would do if bangaladesh or pak reject illegals in India. do we have any agreements? have they thought through the humanitarian crisis?  

India recently declined to sign up to a bilateral agreement with Britain to facilitate the return of its illegal immigrants, following a host of unresolved concerns that are still being negotiated.

Official sources in New Delhi said the pact that was to have been signed for the return of thousands of illegal Indian immigrants during prime minister Narendra Modi’s visit to London last month for the Commonwealth leaders meet, “remains under discussion”.

They said the outstanding issues between the two sides primarily include Indian concerns that an "inordinately" large number of Indians could be deported by Britain without taking "humanitarian considerations" into account.  Security issues too needed to be jointly resolved before India signed the agreement.

India considered some of the illegal migrants, especially Sikh and Kashmiri extremists and sympathisers demanding separate homelands in northern Punjab and Kashmir state, to be ‘hazardous’ and a security risk, and were loath to take them back.

According to the British authorities, who have raised the illegal migrants issue with India for several years, their numbers vary between 75,000 and 100,000, the largest for any single nationality in the UK.  

Indian agencies, however, challenge this figure, claiming that the number of illegal migrants was no more than 2,000.

Earlier, in January India’s junior Home Minister Kiren Rijiju had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the UK to facilitate the return of illegal Indian immigrants within 30 days of their detection by the British authorities.

According to the MoU the British authorities would identify the illegal Indian migrants, inform Delhi who, in turn would independently verify their antecedents and status within a month, streamlining the process for their return.  

Thereafter, if the British claims were proved right, the Indian High Commission in London would be required to issue the illegal immigrants emergency travel certificate for the deportation to be executed.

• Haha 1

oh, come on man. there's difference between pak and UK. pak case is for persecuted people and UK case is for people willingly migrated there. don't criticize just for sake of doing it. 

4 minutes ago, ChinnaBhasha said:

oh, come on man. there's difference between pak and UK. pak case is for persecuted people and UK case is for people willingly migrated there. don't criticize just for sake of doing it. 

tell me what is Indian government trying to do with people identified as illegals under NRC? I am talking about those double standards. do they any agreements with our neighbors and what if our neighbors reject to take back the people for the same reason India is doing with respect to UK sikhs.

21 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

tell me what is Indian government trying to do with people identified as illegals under NRC? I am talking about those double standards. do they any agreements with our neighbors and what if our neighbors reject to take back the people for the same reason India is doing with respect to UK sikhs.

Let NRC come first. tarvata pettukovachu no ee panchaiti?? 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hyperbole said:

Nothing aboslutely nothing assom lo nrc davara telina immigrants emi chessaru nothing only oka Pani matram chestharu vallandegara vunna pake IDs and voting rights testharu that's it

India considered some of the illegal migrants, especially Sikh and Kashmiri extremists and sympathisers demanding separate homelands in northern Punjab and Kashmir state, to be ‘hazardous’ and a security risk, and were loath to take them back.

Well, US and UK also didn't take back jihadi citizens from Syria and ME. LOOK IT UP. Don't just blame India for everything when others are doing the same.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Okay how they are illegals 

firstly if I move to UK on some visa using Indian PP then after my visa expired I overstated become an illegal there in UK but I am a legal citizen of India and I think I should be able to return back without any issues what’s the issue there ?  

11 minutes ago, jbourne said:

Okay how they are illegals 

firstly if I move to UK on some visa using Indian PP then after my visa expired I overstated become an illegal there in UK but I am a legal citizen of India and I think I should be able to return back without any issues what’s the issue there ?  

UK ki illegals.. India ki Illegals kadu... 

Just now, jbourne said:

Mari daniki India enduku vimukatha chupistundii 

G balshindi..

first of all ee demonitization and this CAA are bullsh!t for country like INdia that doesnt have a proper tracking system (both financial and personnel tracking).