NRE/NRO accounts

kittu_123

Just now, jefferson1 said:

Regular India lo undevallu use chese account - savings/checking 

you better check with bank manager for your request. India account kabatti OTP ela use chestam US nundi? may be email ki pettukovalemo OTP.

11 minutes ago, kittu_123 said:

you better check with bank manager for your request. India account kabatti OTP ela use chestam US nundi? may be email ki pettukovalemo OTP.

Good idea , I will try that 

On 12/31/2019 at 2:57 PM, kittu_123 said:

I am planning to open NRE/NRO account. Can any one suggest me which bank is hassle free from your experience ICICI,CITI, Axis or any other bank.

I am looking for first hand experience.Thanks in advance.

Using HDFC account since 2015. Call okkasari cheste ventapadi follow up chesi account open cheyinchevaraku ooruoru . HDFC customer care is pretty awesome . OTP you will get to your US number . ATM Pin kuda you will get it to US address just like card  . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jai_bali said:

legally NRIs cannot have non NRE/NRO accounts. But, its not a big deal.

See This +_(

NRI has the option of opening a Non Resident Rupee (NRE) account and/or a Non Resident Ordinary Rupee (NRO) account. An NRO account can also be opened by a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) and an Overseas citizen of India (OCI).

1 hour ago, Amrita said:

Using HDFC account since 2015. Call okkasari cheste ventapadi follow up chesi account open cheyinchevaraku ooruoru . HDFC customer care is pretty awesome . OTP you will get to your US number . ATM Pin kuda you will get it to US address just like card  . 

thanks for the input. I have signed up for HDFC. I will write my experience once process is completed. 

1 hour ago, jai_bali said:

legally NRIs cannot have non NRE/NRO accounts. But, its not a big deal.

"legally NRIs cannot have non NRE/NRO accounts" ? why not? 

as far as I know one can have regular accounts even though you're NRI.

I had few regular bank accounts in India even now but I can't operate from US

12 minutes ago, Avenger said:

I think it’s against the law to have regular checking or savings account if you’re an NRI.

Once you open an NRE/NRO account with any bank they wont let you open a regular account. Again, speaking from experience.

True. NRIs should not have regular checking/savings accounts. If we have one, they will convert it to nre/nro.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Avenger said:

I think it’s against the law to have regular checking or savings account if you’re an NRI.

Once you open an NRE/NRO account with any bank they wont let you open a regular account. Again, speaking from experience.

oh okay I didn't know that.

6 hours ago, kittu_123 said:

6 hours ago, jefferson1 said:

Good idea , I will try that 

There is an OTP generating app from SBI ... you can use that ... that is what I do ..