Hospital bills

subbu28

Just now, Ad4car said:

Hospital vallu collection agencies tho commission basis lo agreement chesukuntaru. It would go from 20-40%. Call them and ask them if they could give 30% off They will say no at first then they will come 10-20 % then u can get them to 25-30% and pay thru a CC. Or payment plan aiythey mottam kattamantaru. 

CC tho payment is the worst advice. Why pay the no interest payment option with interest. 

1 minute ago, tiktokbalio said:

yeah but akkada 10k ....he can get help from his friends and employers and slowly repay them instead of all this credit score mess

emo vayya ee credit score chala overrated anipisthadi naku konni sarlu, especially if you are not planning to buy anything big in near future through loans... maa dosth gadu okadu itlane dengeyamannadu paisal leka around 12k emo... vadi credit history poindi but after few years everything was reset and now he owns a house in california, ofcourse loan vachindi 

1 minute ago, MRI said:

did you google on how to negotiate with collection agencies? you need to be careful that even if you do, they still hurt you with queries on your personal record. There were some awesome posts on reddit giving you the script. search for them and follow the script.

agreed. When you are paying them ask them to not to report it to the credit agencies. Otherwise that is going to stay on ur report for 7 years.

Just now, galiraju said:

CC tho payment is the worst advice. Why pay the no interest payment option with interest. 

No Interest payment option aiythey discount em undadu bill lo.  Correct me if I am wrong. 

9 minutes ago, subbu28 said:

50% pay chestanu installment lo ani adiganu. no chepparu.

installment lo pay chestanu ani adiganu. daniki kuda no chepparu

worst bargain. Do you know that collections buy such accounts with pennies for dollars? neelanti "kadataanu bhayya" ani oppukuney bakra lu dorakadam chaala kashtam.. so they take advantage of you.. call up the hospital billing department.. tell them your situation and you can work with them if they recall that thing from collections. be nice to the billing dept and explain them what led to this situation. They will work with you and offer a discount as well.

sampadinchedi health kosam. so kharchulu tagginchukovali bro.

Also, ask them for a receipt. becoz your debt will be sold of to someone else if not paid in full/or by mistake and the agency that brought them may contact you again.

Just now, Ad4car said:

No Interest payment option aiythey discount em undadu bill lo.  Correct me if I am wrong. 

depends on how you set up payment options. that is, number of payments. Usually hospitals generate multiple bills based on the services they provide. So, each collection agency may get 2000 or 3000. So they may not like loosing all the money for interest. 

2 minutes ago, Ad4car said:

Also, the interest may be less than the CC interest which is  a Whooping 29%.

1 minute ago, galiraju said:

depends on how you set up payment options. that is, number of payments. Usually hospitals generate multiple bills based on the services they provide. So, each collection agency may get 2000 or 3000. So they may not like loosing all the money for interest. 

Agreed. 

babu, collection agencies ela work avutayo.. hospitals and collection agencies madhyalo dynamics ento ardham chesuko mundu. Collection agency tho deal setting anedi second option vundali. First deal with hospital billing department directly. Ask for a supervisor. COllection agencies tho deal cheyadam kooda oka art. Read reddit and google on how you need to act. Kallu pattukunta dora antey chelladu.

5 minutes ago, MRI said:

babu, collection agencies ela work avutayo.. hospitals and collection agencies madhyalo dynamics ento ardham chesuko mundu. Collection agency tho deal setting anedi second option vundali. First deal with hospital billing department directly. Ask for a supervisor. COllection agencies tho deal cheyadam kooda oka art. Read reddit and google on how you need to act. Kallu pattukunta dora antey chelladu.

99% - dhobbey antaaru bro. They will never come down other than offering installment plan - I went all thru this 7yrs back, very tough to handle with Hospitals. 

as someone suggested in the above posts, there are some third party guys who will handle our cases directly with hospitals/agencies and ofcourse they charge 2-3% but u need to pick the correct guy if not Assamey.

collection accounts in credit file will be purged after 7 years. that too if collection company reports it to bureau...

naku oka sari 25 dollars collection unte they reported it to bureau and my credit score dropped drastically...

option 1: kastamaina sarey friends daggara appu chesi negotiated amount kattey..

option 2: leave it as it is...and keep paying current credit bills on time and try to maintain good credit debt balance...initial ga thaggutundhi but in about 5-7 yrs credit score will be back up..

also someone told me hospital bills collection accounts may not have a big impact to credit score. not sure how much it is true.