Ninna JFK lo

pittagoda

1 hour ago, Rushabhi said:

Adem anna Olympic medal aa ila garvam ga prakatinchukotaniki? Neelanti valla valle Chaitra Reddy lanti ammayilu chanipoyedhi

no who is charita reddy ra?

Credit: Murthy Forums

I want to share my story to help others in a similar situation. Sometimes, we go off track, but it's essential to learn from those experiences and be honest & truthful. When I was in the USA on OPT, I had a shoplifting case back in Aug 2017, which eventually got dismissed and expunged. In 2018, my H1B visa got denied (due to specialty occupation), and I had to return back home. Thankfully, I continued to work with my employer, and they agreed to file my H1B visa application again. This time, we got it approved. Now the most challenging task I had to prepare for was a visa stamping interview. I had clearly mentioned in DS160 about the shoplifting case. Now I wasn't arrested, nor were any fingerprints taken. My case got dismissed under an unsupervised pre-trial diversion program after completing an online course. I had explained the scenario in detail in my DS160.

My interview was on January 2nd. I had gotten all my court documents along with H1B application documents. 
VO: Give your passport and I797?
Me: Sure and hands over documents
VO: Is this your first H1B
ME: Yes
VO: What does your company do?
ME: Explained it...
VO: *Look at the screen for couple secs* Show me your court documents
ME: *thinking oho I'm in trouble...* Scramble my file for the documents
VO: What's your annual salary
Me:$xxx
VO: What's your Master's in?
Me: MBA
VO: Can you do two things at a time and give me the documents... What are your job responsibilities???
ME: yes yes.. *give her documents.*
Another VO comes in... VO switched off the microphone, and they both looked into documents. Look at me and look at the documents

VO: You were caught shoplifting? First charge or multiple charges? What happened?
Me: First and only charge.. explained the same as DS160
(I had prepared for this question... practice practice) and BE HONEST!
VO: Switched of microphone.... discusses with another VO... GOes on for couple mins

At this time, I'm incredibly nervous... My past mistakes have come back to haunt me. I continue to have seemingly neutral expressions...

VO: Switches on the microphone... I'm keeping these documents, hands me a green slip of 221G and says

We need some time to process this, and you should hear from us within a week. I'm going to retain your passport...

Me: oh, okay... 

I leave and have no clue whether my visa will be issued or not. I answered truthfully, and now wait time begins...

January 6th: I check the ceac website for my status and notice that my visa has been ISSUED~!!

January 7th: Passport gets delivered at home with visa stamped 🙂 along with original court documents that VO had retained at the time of interview

My sincere advice: Please Don't lie on DS160; be honest and explain what exactly happened. Make sure to carry all the court documents. Be confident, and don't get into trouble with the law again. It's not worth it. 

You can PM me if you have any questions, hope this helps anyone/someone.

25 minutes ago, ILOVEGIRLS said:

Credit: Murthy Forums

I want to share my story to help others in a similar situation. Sometimes, we go off track, but it's essential to learn from those experiences and be honest & truthful. When I was in the USA on OPT, I had a shoplifting case back in Aug 2017, which eventually got dismissed and expunged. In 2018, my H1B visa got denied (due to specialty occupation), and I had to return back home. Thankfully, I continued to work with my employer, and they agreed to file my H1B visa application again. This time, we got it approved. Now the most challenging task I had to prepare for was a visa stamping interview. I had clearly mentioned in DS160 about the shoplifting case. Now I wasn't arrested, nor were any fingerprints taken. My case got dismissed under an unsupervised pre-trial diversion program after completing an online course. I had explained the scenario in detail in my DS160.

My interview was on January 2nd. I had gotten all my court documents along with H1B application documents. 
VO: Give your passport and I797?
Me: Sure and hands over documents
VO: Is this your first H1B
ME: Yes
VO: What does your company do?
ME: Explained it...
VO: *Look at the screen for couple secs* Show me your court documents
ME: *thinking oho I'm in trouble...* Scramble my file for the documents
VO: What's your annual salary
Me:$xxx
VO: What's your Master's in?
Me: MBA
VO: Can you do two things at a time and give me the documents... What are your job responsibilities???
ME: yes yes.. *give her documents.*
Another VO comes in... VO switched off the microphone, and they both looked into documents. Look at me and look at the documents

VO: You were caught shoplifting? First charge or multiple charges? What happened?
Me: First and only charge.. explained the same as DS160
(I had prepared for this question... practice practice) and BE HONEST!
VO: Switched of microphone.... discusses with another VO... GOes on for couple mins

At this time, I'm incredibly nervous... My past mistakes have come back to haunt me. I continue to have seemingly neutral expressions...

VO: Switches on the microphone... I'm keeping these documents, hands me a green slip of 221G and says

We need some time to process this, and you should hear from us within a week. I'm going to retain your passport...

Me: oh, okay... 

I leave and have no clue whether my visa will be issued or not. I answered truthfully, and now wait time begins...

January 6th: I check the ceac website for my status and notice that my visa has been ISSUED~!!

January 7th: Passport gets delivered at home with visa stamped 🙂 along with original court documents that VO had retained at the time of interview

My sincere advice: Please Don't lie on DS160; be honest and explain what exactly happened. Make sure to carry all the court documents. Be confident, and don't get into trouble with the law again. It's not worth it. 

You can PM me if you have any questions, hope this helps anyone/someone.

GC interview lo kuda asked.

1 minute ago, pittagoda said:

GC interview lo kuda asked.

GC Interview lo irresepective of arrests you also need to mention when any one single time if cops stops you and check ID. 

1 hour ago, Rushabhi said:

Adem anna Olympic medal aa ila garvam ga prakatinchukotaniki? Neelanti valla valle Chaitra Reddy lanti ammayilu chanipoyedhi

are Rushabi charita reddy evaru ra?