Calling good friend lovemystate to discuss important issue

pottipotato

Just now, Android_Halwa said:

Hehe..stupidity has hit new lows.

Keep the capital there????? I mean, Do you even know the actual cause of the protests ? Value and worth of lands...

Yes capital. Arey sanja the value and worth everyone will have it ..but they were promised a capital that must be given. Nuvve free ga panchesthavera mental sanja,

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:
  1. Govt initiated land pooling, said it would give developed plots in exchange for their land. Overall, pooled 35,000 acres and in these 35,000 acres, Govt will create public infrastructure like road network, electricity,sewage lines and water supply, develop open spaces and create a master plan and depending on the type of land pooled, each land owner will be given a plot , i think the exchange formula is 25% of the land.
  2. Till the government creates such public infrastructure, the land owners will be paid annual lease per acre and last two years have been paid till date. I may be little bit wrong in this part but government has paid, not sure if arrears have been cleared up to date.
  3. From 2016 till date, some infra is created like secretariat, Assembly,little bit of road network etc. 
  4. 2019 May 23rd, Government changed and by Dec 2019, Govt made an intent to move some of the functionaries to Vizag.
  5. Protests have started with many claiming their value of lands will go down considerably and because of such a move, their dreams are shattered. 

NO. I meant the chronology of the events before the protests started.

like when Jagga announced it.. did he refuse to meet villagers who were affected etc. and later did they form some action committee to put their demands.. etc.. normally how protests emerge

Most of this news is in Telugu papers, and very hard for me to read. takes a long time.

13 minutes ago, pottipotato said:

I mean all those TDP leaders who bought land can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

but did Jagan refuse to meet the farmers or something before they took to the streets?

Did the farmers meet Jaggu, and start the process of negotiation or not?

because these protests are all silly brother.

Contracts are renegotiated when realities of the project change. WorldBank, AIIB dropping off has created 4000cr hole in funding.. do you think Center will fill that?

Just now, pottipotato said:

Did the farmers meet Jaggu, and start the process of negotiation or not?

because these protests are all silly brother.

Contracts are renegotiated when realities of the project change. WorldBank, AIIB dropping off has created 4000cr hole in funding.. do you think Center will fill that?

No you dont renogitate contracts when the other party is completely weak and are just farmers. It is even more important for a govt to honor a contract especially made with vulnerable peopel.  worldbank withdrew seeing jaggas intent. You dont need that funding at all. Amaravati was designed to be self funding and it is alreayd functioning capital - assembly is there , secretariat is there, court is there. Inkem marchalsindhi. even if jagga does not lay one brick the capital is already there.

5 minutes ago, pottipotato said:

NO. I meant the chronology of the events before the protests started.

like when Jagga announced it.. did he refuse to meet villagers who were affected etc. and later did they form some action committee to put their demands.. etc.. normally how protests emerge

Most of this news is in Telugu papers, and very hard for me to read. takes a long time.

Dec 2019, Jagan expressed intent to move capital. 

Protests started. 

No announcement has been made till date, expected announcement supposed to happen on Jan 3rd but it has been delayed by two more weeks,

Jagan would probably find a solution if he made an announcement that capital  is being shifted.

No announcement has been made neither a decision is taken to move capital. In fact, moving the capital was never been thought in the first place, Just assumptions and media creations.

Just now, lovemystate said:

No you dont renogitate contracts when the other party is completely weak and are just farmers. It is even more important for a govt to honor a contract especially made with vulnerable peopel.  worldbank withdrew seeing jaggas intent. You dont need that funding at all. Amaravati was designed to be self funding and it is alreayd functioning capital - assembly is there , secretariat is there, court is there. Inkem marchalsindhi. even if jagga does not lay one brick the capital is already there.

ask govt contractors, how well govts honor their contracts.any agreement with govt is always fraught with risk. what is today's Sriperumbudur - Oragadam industrial belt was once where my father had many acres of land.. the govt gave him 2lakhs/acre to build that belt. the going prices was 10-15 times that.

How can Amaravati be self funding without any residential colonies, commercial establishments? All these do require govt investment.

can u pls point me to sources about the self funding nature of amaravati, and the status of construction? I can read Telugu too.I don't think Jagga is stupid to move a capital that is already built.

2 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Dec 2019, Jagan expressed intent to move capital. 

Protests started. 

No announcement has been made till date, expected announcement supposed to happen on Jan 3rd but it has been delayed by two more weeks,

Jagan would probably find a solution if he made an announcement that capital  is being shifted.

No announcement has been made neither a decision is taken to move capital. In fact, moving the capital was never been thought in the first place, Just assumptions and media creations.

expressed intent is enough to agitate ofcourse. because everyone now believes that Vizag is the capital.

I just hoped that there would be more structure to the protests, than just being a pr exercise to put pressure on the govt.

if the govt has made up its mind on capital, then the farmers should find an alternative demand to put forth, just so they can get something out of this, atleast.

7 minutes ago, pottipotato said:

ask govt contractors, how well govts honor their contracts.any agreement with govt is always fraught with risk. what is today's Sriperumbudur - Oragadam industrial belt was once where my father had many acres of land.. the govt gave him 2lakhs/acre to build that belt. the going prices was 10-15 times that.

How can Amaravati be self funding without any residential colonies, commercial establishments? All these do require govt investment.

can u pls point me to sources about the self funding nature of amaravati, and the status of construction? I can read Telugu too.I don't think Jagga is stupid to move a capital that is already built.

You are completely confusing things. this is poltical, explosive and farmers are invloved with very high visibility. 

yes your father was done injustice which is precesiely why land pooling came. What do you mean residential colonies. It is ACTUAL FULLY WORKING CAPITAL THERE,. it is already working - every arm of the governement is there. 

Construction is about building the capital to a spec of detailed plan by norman foster. That jagga can do or drop or postpone.

Stop trying to prove what you have already assumed. Just open eyes and see. There is no need to relocate capital and hate on these farmers.

7 minutes ago, lovemystate said:

You are completely confusing things. this is poltical, explosive and farmers are invloved with very high visibility. 

yes your father was done injustice which is precesiely why land pooling came. What do you mean residential colonies. It is ACTUAL FULLY WORKING CAPITAL THERE,. it is already working - every arm of the governement is there. 

Construction is about building the capital to a spec of detailed plan by norman foster. That jagga can do or drop or postpone.

Stop trying to prove what you have already assumed. Just open eyes and see. There is no need to relocate capital and hate on these farmers.

I've not assumed anything. There's not much written in english papers about this.