Tesla cuts price of made-in-China Model 3, now ~$43,000 after incentives

tacobell fan

Tesla has announced a price cut on its new made-in-China Model 3, and it is now going to cost just 299,050 Chinese yuan (~$43,000 USD) after incentives.

Earlier this week, Tesla held an event for the start of made-in-China Model 3 deliveries to employees.

Over the last few weeks prior to the event, we have observed Tesla steadily producing and shipping made-in-China Model 3 vehicles out of Gigafactory 3 while it was awaiting sale approval for the new vehicle.

When they officially started deliveries to employees, we witnessed Model 3 vehicles overflowing Gigafactory 3’s parking lot.

Now Tesla told Chinese media outlets that they will hold an event at Gigafactory 3 in Shanghai on January 7 for the first customer deliveries.

Ahead of the event, the company is announcing a significant price reduction on the vehicle via its Chinese social media account Weibo:

Screen-Shot-2020-01-02-at-11.17.43-PM.jp

Last year, Tesla announced that the Model 3 Standard Range Plus with Autopilot is the first Model 3 produced in China and starts at ¥355,800 (about $50,000) before incentives.

Now the price is reduced to the equivalent of $46,500, and on top of that, Tesla has now access to more EV incentives since the vehicle is produced locally.

It brings the starting price down to ¥299,050 (~$43,000 USD).

As we previously reported, the made-in-China Model 3 was already competitive in price with other premium mid-sized sedans like the BMW 3 Series, but now this price cut is going to give Tesla an edge.

Deliveries to customers who are not Tesla employees are going to start early next week and should ramp up fast.

The automaker recently confirmed that Gigafactory 3 is already producing more than 1,000 Model 3 per week.

Last month, there were reports that Tesla was looking into reducing the price of the made-in-China Model 3 as they produce more parts locally.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tacobell fan

• kasi

• roxiczone

• Idassamed

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Idassamed said:

Still a bit expensive, need to come down to ~35k

You are getting access to 100's of super charging stations, free internet, concierge service, mobile service centers. I don't think it's that bad. I don't even expect this to go any lower, too. You get what you pay for.  Leaf? Go ahead, it doesn't cover any dedicated charging access anywhere. That itself is a big deal. 

2 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

You are getting access to 100's of super charging stations, free internet, concierge service, mobile service centers. I don't think it's that bad. I don't even expect this to go any lower, too. You get what you pay for.  Leaf? Go ahead, it doesn't cover any dedicated charging access anywhere. That itself is a big deal. 

To eat the pie of Toyota' and Honda's or any other best selling brands, the price needs to come down.

3 minutes ago, Idassamed said:

To eat the pie of Toyota' and Honda's or any other best selling brands, the price needs to come down.

They don't have to eat anyone's pie

11 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

charging free aa vuncle aa charging stations lo ?

1 minute ago, mettastar said:

charging free aa vuncle aa charging stations lo ?

Not for everyone. Like Model X and Model S (some models) get free charging. Model 3 owners have to pay. First of all super charging option+access undatam is big deal. Like you are willing to pay more money but there is no such option ante? This is exactly what other EV brands suffers. 

1 minute ago, Idassamed said:

Nenu malls daggara choosa, oka chinna size lot motham nimpesadu, didn't see a pay station,.

Over to @tacobell fan

usually aa charging stations lone pay chesedi untundi kada .. Tesla dhi ela untundo I dont know

Just now, tacobell fan said:

Not for everyone. Like Model X and Model S (some models) get free charging. Model 3 owners have to pay. First of all super charging option+access undatam is big deal. Like you are willing to pay more money but there is no such option ante? This is exactly what other EV brands suffers. 

super charging stations lo 20mins lo full charge avudha ? 

regular stations lo entha time padthadi ?

1 minute ago, Idassamed said:

Nenu malls daggara choosa, oka chinna size lot motham nimpesadu, didn't see a pay station,.

Over to @tacobell fan

It's linked to your tesla account. They will bill to your account directly. It's not like Charge Point where there is a pay station. 

Just now, mettastar said:

super charging stations lo 20mins lo full charge avudha ? 

regular stations lo entha time padthadi ?

If you charge with iPhone charging plug i.e 120v it takes 7 days to charge a 75Khw battery.  Super charge aithe 80% in 25 mins and remaining 20% in 20 mins. 

1 minute ago, tacobell fan said:

It's linked to your tesla account. They will bill to your account directly. It's not like Charge Point where there is a pay station. 

Assumed it but wasn't sure. Thx! For the confirmation.