Day in the Life of a PhD (Cancer Research)

Catch

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

Arey @Catch India lo phd microbiology chesadu my relatives son. Wants to come here on j1for post doc.. what does he need to do? Can he play for GC etc?

Apply for postdoc and come. Yes. 

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

Arey @Catch India lo phd microbiology chesadu my relatives son. Wants to come here on j1for post doc.. what does he need to do? Can he play for GC etc?

He needs to contact a professor first and then look at his funding apply for postdoc. How many paper does he have. He needs at least 3 I guess. I have no clue about his course.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, galiraju said:

He needs to contact a professor first and then look at his funding apply for postdoc. How many paper does he have. He needs at least 3 I guess. I have no clue about his course.

Already doing post doc anukunta. PHD lo one paper with many citations unnayi ani cheppinattu gurthu.. ippudu India lo post doc ki inko paper publish ayithundhemo..

2 minutes ago, galiraju said:

3 papers are not enough

Just now, DummyVariable said:

J1 to GC possible aa ayithe? Cool.

Probable I guess...It all depends on whether you are useful to this country or not I have seen peoeple with 10 publication reject and guy with a 2 publications who does not how to solve 2nd ode getting a GC. mee vadi adrustam. Nobody can tell

Just now, galiraju said:

Probable I guess...It all depends on whether you are useful to this country or not I have seen peoeple with 10 publication reject and guy with a 2 publications who does not how to solve 2nd ode getting a GC. mee vadi adrustam. Nobody can tell

Maybe in civil engineering 2 papers are enough. In microbiology it's not enough. 

1 minute ago, Catch said:

3 papers are not enough

depends on the research .... if you working on nanotech or chemical or bio experimental publishing a single paper takes about 1.5 years on average. I am talking about first author

Just now, galiraju said:

depends on the research .... if you working on nanotech or chemical or bio experimental publishing a single paper takes about 1.5 years on average. I am talking about first author

Maybe if you work 4 hours a day.