Day in the Life of a PhD (Cancer Research)

Catch

2 minutes ago, galiraju said:

Probable I guess...It all depends on whether you are useful to this country or not I have seen peoeple with 10 publication reject and guy with a 2 publications who does not how to solve 2nd ode getting a GC. mee vadi adrustam. Nobody can tell

Field ante .. he can do a lot of things in his field ani annadu from cancer research to plant cell based stuff. Will choosing a particular area  make it easier to get in?

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

Field ante .. he can do a lot of things in his field ani annadu from cancer research to plant cell based stuff. Will choosing a particular area  make it easier to get in?

Choose it based on his interest and how he can get tangential research experience that he can combine with his phd later on.

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

babai neekoti cheppana....ee forumlo evro edo cheppithey danni pattukoni nuvvu emi cheyalu kaani mee vadini ask him contact professor at the universities.. that is the only way. Canada is the best US is good too kinda weird with and stuff. this is not an advice just may rant

Just now, DummyVariable said:

What about economics and computer science? +-

I don't think you publish in high impact journals in computer science unless you are working on bioinformatics or neuroscience. Most computer science majors publish at conferences. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Catch said:

I don't think you publish in high impact journals in computer science unless you are working on bioinformatics or neuroscience. Most computer science majors publish at conferences. 

Cool. 

What about Developmental economics and public policy? Do they need to publish in high impact journals?

5 minutes ago, galiraju said:

babai neekoti cheppana....ee forumlo evro edo cheppithey danni pattukoni nuvvu emi cheyalu kaani mee vadini ask him contact professor at the universities.. that is the only way. Canada is the best US is good too kinda weird with and stuff. this is not an advice just may rant

Actually online lo very confusing.. professors ni contact ante pretty much research the Uni and their area of expertise first ee kada..